Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Kill-or-be-killed" Self-Defense Guru Banned from U.K.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomTomKent View Post

Ally: No I doubt everything I own is ethically sourced. But that is the reason to advocate change for the better.
    As I said. You believe that it is sufficient for people to pay lip service to the idea of human rights, but don't feel any pressing need to actually live what you claim to believe. Which is why, in reality, there is absolutely no such thing as human rights. Because no one actually feels compelled to live by these standards.

Should Lincoln have shut up because heworecotton shirts? Perhaps your founding fathers should not have built a nation built on principles they felt were true of all men while denying them to half the people in their own nation, or indeed while knowing of nations where serfdom still existed.
    Lincoln did not believe in human rights either and he certainly did not believe that blacks were the equal of whites. He once stated that "intelligent blacks" should be allowed suffrage. does that seem like someone who actually believed in the universal bond of humanhood? Just because someone advocates a particular stance doesn't mean they are doing it for noble reasons, any more than we give aid to countries when we want their oil. This is yet another instance where intent matters.

Human rights is a nice fluffy thing to talk about and pat oneself on the back for "believing in a better world". Believing in a better world appears to be a lot easier than actually living by the standards one professes to believe in. Which of course is why that better world will never actually materialize.

Let all Oz be agreed;
    I need a better class of flying monkeys.

Comment

Working...
    X