No announcement yet.

Decision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the way: why is this in the general suspect section of the forum? It doesn't belong here, Pierre.

Surely you agree with that, Pierre? After all, it won't be a suspect book will it? Even though it names your suspect.

This thread isn't about a suspect. It should be moved.

Comment

Pub Talk would be the best place for it.

Comment

Take your time Pierre, take your time.

Then perhaps I can get to read all the interesting stuff (like Steve's excellent Bucks Row Project) without having to pick my way through your rude, unhelpful & demeaning comments.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry D View Post
          Pub Talk would be the best place for it.
          I quite agree. How do we go about getting this bit of purely personal information from Pierre ("I'm writing a book" isn't suspect discussion) moved to its proper place?

Comment

Originally posted by ohrocky View Post
            Take your time Pierre, take your time.

Then perhaps I can get to read all the interesting stuff (like Steve's excellent Bucks Row Project) without having to pick my way through your rude, unhelpful & demeaning comments.
            That is a very kind thing to say. There are mistakes in it of course some pointed out by Dusty and Gary, and those have been taken onboard.
            My view is we sit back while Pierre gets on with his work. When he publishes we will either say "Yes of course its X" or faults will be found in it, either way we have something tangible to discuss.
            And if nothing appears so be it.

I repeat what I said at the start of this thread, I wish Pierre well with his writing.

Steve

Comment

Field of Dreams is a pretty good movie IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                I quite agree. How do we go about getting this bit of purely personal information from Pierre ("I'm writing a book" isn't suspect discussion) moved to its proper place?
                Henry

I suggest the thread is in the correct place. Most reading this thread will see an upcoming publication naming a potential killer, the suspect area seems perfect for it.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  Field of Dreams is a pretty good movie IMHO.
                  Probably my favourite Costner movie.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
                    Probably my favourite Costner movie.

Steve
                    Have you ever seen Fandango? Its my favorite Costner movie. I believe his first leading role. Great movie-funny, moving, bittersweet dramedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                      Have you ever seen Fandango? Its my favorite Costner movie. I believe his first leading role. Great movie-funny, moving, bittersweet dramedy.
                      No not seen it, guess will one day.

Steve

Comment

And Pierre does it again!

"I'm going to write a book - it will name my suspect but it's not a suspect book, because I'm not doing mere Ripperology, I'm a historian."

And from this asinine nonsense he gets 7 pages of comments from us.

Bravo Pierre.

Comment

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
                          And Pierre does it again!

"I'm going to write a book - it will name my suspect but it's not a suspect book, because I'm not doing mere Ripperology, I'm a historian."

And from this asinine nonsense he gets 7 pages of comments from us.

Bravo Pierre.
                          Better than yet another thread on Lechmere the worst ever Ripper suspect though.

Comment

Having read these forums quite a lot before joining, I've been amazed at how many people have been suckered in by the whole Pierre thing. He's probably coming up with a suspect now, but from the start he's just been pissing in the wind and enjoying the response. I don't blame him, it's worked a charm.

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                              But 'what if's' and 'is it possible that..' are often employed to reach an outcome.
                              They are research questions. But they are not results.

Comment

Of course, but they can be employed constructively to arrive at an outcome which could be the correct one.
                                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Working...
                                X