Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BTCG View Post
    Read my post again, but more closely.

We now have synthetic drugs to ease withdrawal. We have counseling.

Sickert was a byproduct of a system without checks and balances: everything was easy access. Quitting such behavior in this type of environment was next to impossible.

A quick heads-up: get a copy of 'Confessions of an opium eater'. It's an real eye opener as to how one can delude oneself while under the influence..
    And where is the evidence that Sickert used opium?

Comment

Cornwell interviewed Sickert's family and associates. It's their claim, and I believe they would know,

Comment

Cornwell interviewed Sickert's family and associates. It's their claim, and I believe they would know,
        Did she conduct a séance?

Comment

Although I dispise the 'trust me' type anecdotal, I can say, as one who had cervical spine surgery on Jan 17 2014, and had metal plates and screws put in my body, that coming off opium based pain medication will drive you crazy. Especially so, in one's inability to achieve paradoxical sleep.
          Ah, so that's your excuse.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
            Ah, so that's your excuse.

Mike
            My excuse????

Please provide yours.

Comment

My excuse????

Please provide yours.
              I have this theory that Cornwall is related to Kosminksi and her absolutely nonsensical theory is just an elaborate red herring to throw people off that track in order to protect her great great grandfather. My excuse is my mind is unbalanced from the meds I took after having my spleen removed.

Cheers,

Mike
              huh?

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                I have this theory that Cornwall is related to Kosminksi and her absolutely nonsensical theory is just an elaborate red herring to throw people off that track in order to protect her great great grandfather. My excuse is my mind is unbalanced from the meds I took after having my spleen removed.

Cheers,

Mike
                Your word is good enough for me /

Comment

Hi All,

It would appear that writing Jack the Ripper letters became some what of a national pastime. None of the letter writers gave their names and addresses, so it would be fair to say that none of the letter writers were actually, in real terms, claiming to be the murderer.

Best wishes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
                    Hi All,

It would appear that writing Jack the Ripper letters became some what of a national pastime. None of the letter writers gave their names and addresses, so it would be fair to say that none of the letter writers were actually, in real terms, claiming to be the murderer.

Best wishes.

Perhaps you can either give us some proof, or get into your time machine and correct the problem.

Comment

Proof of what?

I said "it appears" .... or are you saying that some of the letter writers did actually give their real names and addresses

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchett View Post
                        Proof of what?

I said "it appears" .... or are you saying that some of the letter writers did actually give their real names and addresses
                        I see, the 'ignorance' defense.

Gawd... Cornwell, if she's reading this, must be on the floor laughing by now.

Comment

I've seemed to have traveled in a time machine back a little over ten years, finding many active threads on Casebook where people are arguing that Walter Sickert is Jack the Ripper.

JM

Comment

Originally posted by jmenges View Post
                            I've seemed to have traveled in a time machine back a little over ten years, finding many active threads on Casebook where people are arguing that Walter Sickert is Jack the Ripper.

JM
                            Or, you cannot relate an idea.

Comment

I dont need any defence, but if we are talking about ignorance, then you surelly must qualify. You can always tell who's got a losing argument when they become offensive.

Comment

Sickert wrote letters claiming to be the killer. So the writer does have a basis for making the statement.

You may not like it, but Cornwell has uncovered the only objective evidence in the case: the stationary for some of these letters came from the same batch that Sickert owned.

So you ASSUME Sickert wrote the letters.

Some might claim that this does not make one a serial killer. But it's rather odd for someone to write and take credit if credit is undeserved.

ASSUMPTION. Odd for some. Perfectly in character for others, especially in a time when tracing the author(s) was next to impossible. How many letters did the police receive? Could it really have been that odd? Or do you propose their were hundreds of 'Rippers' running around London?

And I have yet to see where in his lifetime, Sickert attempted to claim credit for another's work.

You cracked the case. Occam's Razor! Indeed.......
                                I'm beginning to think that don't really believe all this Sickert business.

Comment

Working...
                                X