Casebook: Jack the Ripper - Main
   

Introduction
Victims
Suspects
Witnesses
Ripper Letters
Police Officials
Official Documents
Press Reports
Victorian London
Message Boards
Ripper Media
Authors
Dissertations
Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Maybrick, James: Vote the Diary - by Busy Beaver 12 minutes ago.
Shades of Whitechapel: Dennis Nilsen - by Fisherman 1 hour and 5 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: Acquiring A Victorian Diary - by caz 1 hour and 26 minutes ago.
Maybrick, James: Acquiring A Victorian Diary - by caz 2 hours ago.
Non-Fiction: Jack the Ripper Suspect Dr. Francis Tumblety - by Admin 2 hours ago.
Maybrick, James: Acquiring A Victorian Diary - by caz 3 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Doctors and Coroners: Eddowes' gut cut - (7 posts)
Shades of Whitechapel: Dennis Nilsen - (7 posts)
General Suspect Discussion: Favorite suspect/s? - (5 posts)
Maybrick, James: Acquiring A Victorian Diary - (4 posts)
A6 Murders: scan of Hanratty statement re Rhyl alibi - (3 posts)
A6 Murders: Bob Woffinden has died - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Edit: Chris
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Edit: Chris
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Edit: Chris
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Letters and Communications

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #41  
Old 01-03-2016, 06:25 AM
David Orsam David Orsam is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 7,816
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Today I have been examining a data source from 1888... and it contains the full name of the person I think was the killer.
Excitement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
It is metaphorical
Deflation
__________________
Orsam Books
www.orsam.co.uk
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 01-03-2016, 06:49 AM
Abby Normal Abby Normal is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 5,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Hi,

I hardly dare to write this down.

Today I have been examining a data source from 1888. I have been looking at this very briefly before and I thought there was nothing specific about this source. But I made an analysis of it today - and it contains the full name of the person I think was the killer.

There is now hardly any doubt. I must have found him.

But I will not give his name before I have seen the last bit of data. I want to give you conclusive evidence.

Kind regards, Pierre
I like turtles
__________________
"Is all that we see or seem
but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe


"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 01-03-2016, 08:19 AM
John G John G is offline
Commisioner
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Normal View Post
I like turtles
Happy New Year Abby!

I recall when "Pierre" started his first thread-many moons ago now- entitled "I think I Have Found Him," you replied, "Great, who is it?" I bet you didn't think you'd be waiting this long for a reply, especially as it now seems that the "suspect" is "Metaphorical"!

Last edited by John G : 01-03-2016 at 08:24 AM.
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 01-03-2016, 09:08 AM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,407
Default

[quote=Elamarna;366616]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

so its down to your interpretation yet again, why am I not surprised
Hi Steve,

Don´t worry. I am going to do a statistical analysis of the probability that his name could be in the source. You will know the result as soon as it is done, which will probably next week (I have other work to do as well).

Regards, Pierre
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 01-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Rosemary Rosemary is offline
Detective
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Hell hole of a holler
Posts: 122
Default As once was

[quote=Pierre;366680]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post

Hi Steve,

Don´t worry. I am going to do a statistical analysis of the probability that his name could be in the source. You will know the result as soon as it is done, which will probably next week (I have other work to do as well).

Regards, Pierre
So will this be just a probability stat, or an actual name?
__________________
From Voltaire writing in Diderot's Encyclopédie:
"One demands of modern historians more details, better ascertained facts, precise dates, , more attention to customs, laws, commerce, agriculture, population."
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 01-03-2016, 09:19 AM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
so we have another new thread saying exactly what every other thread says

"i can't tell you yet"

for a moment i almost believed you had concrete evidence, but no nothing so clear, shame because i want to someone to find it.

why start another thread Pierre, surly you could have said this on any of your other threads?

Steve
Hi Steve,

OK. I understand that it is difficult for you (and perhaps for anyone) to understand why I am starting a new thread. But imagine that you have a small set of data pointing to one person as being a serial killer. Each of these data sources gives his ID. Now, you are convinced that what you have found is very unique and that there is nothing left to be found. But suddenly you have a new piece of evidence. The new evidence strengthens the theory, naturally. And therefore you want to tell people about the existence of this new evidence.

Regards, Pierre
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 01-03-2016, 09:20 AM
Pcdunn Pcdunn is offline
Chief Inspector
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Colorado, USA
Posts: 1,623
Default The Pierre Relativity Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elamarna View Post
Well he could be, but it appears that admin does not want to make the decision.
Admin has indicated that Pierre hasn't really broken any rules of the forum, besides annoy people with his/her insufferable attitude of "I know something you don't know!", and I think this is true, having been here long enough to see a few personal attacks which were of banning quality. (Remember the poster who had an obsession with the correct spelling of British English words?)

I think Casebook has lately become less about finding the identity of Jack the Ripper, and more about finding the identity of Pierre the Poster.

I will admit I share John G.'s curiousity about Pierre's motivations, but I think we need to perhaps start a boycott of his threads, and ignore his posts in other threads. Trying to debate him, joking about him, etc., isn't working-- so let's simply stop responding.
__________________
Pat D.
---------------
Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
---------------
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 01-03-2016, 09:30 AM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John G View Post
Does anyone else feel as though they're going through a bit of an existentialist crises? I mean, I'm starting to get the feeling that I might be an unwitting participant in some sort of social media experiment.

Perhaps it will conclude with the publication of a thesis by, say, an existentialist with several degrees, entitled: A study Defining Symbolic Interactionism's Place Within Social Media: A Postmodern Existentialist Perspective.

Or then again, perhaps not [at least regarding the 'several degrees part"!]
Hi John,

I think it is just the field of ripperology going through a small disturbance period and this is what you experience. It is not yet an existentialist crisis for the field and it´s producers and consumers, but perhaps it soon will be. I think I will first have to publish a book and then we will se the field slowly die. I would not like to be any part of that, I think the field of ripperology it is a great "playground" for those that like ripperology and know a lot about it, but as a researcher I have the duty to present the results when I am finished with the last bit of evidence.

Kind regards, Pierre

Regards Pierre
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 01-03-2016, 09:31 AM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,407
Default

[quote=Rosemary;366682]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post

So will this be just a probability stat, or an actual name?
I will give you the probability that my interpretation is wrong.

Regards, Pierre
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 01-03-2016, 09:33 AM
Pierre Pierre is offline
Inactive
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardnunweek View Post
Hi.
Casebook is the worlds best crime site, it has/had a lot of credibility, it has been a joy to belong to this site,for all the years I have, very informative, and very entertaining.
But seriously Pierre is turning this site into a farce, If the said gentleman has something'worthwhile' to say, let him post , or if he intends to publish in the future, fair enough, but to continue to post in the way he does , is extremely childish, very annoying, and insults the intelligence of fellow members.
I have seen many posters like him , over the years, but none so prolific in their postings, I find it amusing , albeit irritating, but my fear is for the continuation of Casebook, as surely prospective new members, are somewhat perplexed by this non informative method.
Regards Richard.
Great Richard! Casebook is the worlds best crime site, you say - so where else would people be able to follow a researcher who thinks he has found Jack the Ripper? And where else would people be the first to know if he has?

Kind regards, Pierre
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.