No announcement yet.

Letter to Superintendent Foster of City Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, glad to see it hasn't been abandoned. This thread occurred while I wasn't online so much, so I've just now read it.

While I've got your attention, could you help me recall a letter that was very similar in hand to the 'Dear Boss' letter, but was not Saucy Jack, the Oct 6th threat letter, Moab & Midian, or the 1896 letter? Sam Flynn had done a wonderful side-by-side tapestry comparing various letters and words from the letters, but I can no longer find that thread. It was while looking for this thread that I found your Foster letter thread. I want to say this particular letter mentioned a political personality, but I can't recall whom.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

One of the definitions given in my dictionary for square is to bribe. It seems obvious that 'mitre squared' is a pun on 'might have squared' so the writer is saying:

Hasn't it occurred to you that the reason your men cannot find Jack is that he might have bribed them?

Very witty. Does GB Shaw have an alibi?

Best wishes,
      Steve.

PS Good work, Chaps. Keep us posted.
      Last edited by Steven Russell; 11-07-2011, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Oh that Cartel!

Finding a new piece of evidence, sitting on it, and only "releasing a statement" when someone ELSE catches wind and posts about it, is nothing new for our boys. Here's a discovery announced 15 months ago. Lord only knows what else they're sitting on.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

What are you insinuating Tom?

Be careful how your words are chosen.

This postcard is already being exhibited in the CoLP museum and has been for months, many months. Nothing is being sat on regarding this.

We were, and still intend to, do a joint article with the wall writing photo.
          This is the reason why we held off, to encompass the two.

If you wish to conduct your own research then feel free. Or, alternatively, get someone else to do it as per.

Regards
          Monty
          Last edited by Monty; 05-10-2012, 11:52 PM.
          Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

Originally posted by Monty
            If you wish to conduct your own research then feel free. Or, alternatively, get someone else to do it as per.
            Are John Bennett and Laura Prieto free?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Speculating now, but kinda wondering if the postcard and the photographed graffito share common text. Wanna bet that the graffito is relatively a short time post-Eddowes.
              And that's all I care to speculate about. (And for the record, I don't check Facebook. Esp. not on Ripperology.) And now I'm going all, willing to wait until publication.

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
              Are John Bennett and Laura Prieto free?
              They're held in a dungeon until publication.
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

As i just posted on the other thread, I was having a bit of fun with Monty and Rob for having "issued a joint statement". They are handling the evidence precisely as I would if I were in their shoes, except that I would have had John and Laura conducting ALL the research instead of just helping.

I was sincere in wondering what else they're sitting on though, but I don't mean 'sitting on' in a bad way.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                  As i just posted on the other thread, I was having a bit of fun with Monty and Rob for having "issued a joint statement".
                  I thought that Monty and Rob were joint at the hip.
                  Best regards,
                  Maria

Comment

No, but I'd bet they're hip to a joint!

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Don't think so. Rather to a pint.
                      But I mean, today's Rob's birthday, so we can totally indulge with him. Which includes silly jokes. So happy b-day, Rob.
                      Best regards,
                      Maria

Comment

sitting on . . .

Hello Tom.

"Lord only knows what else they're sitting on."

Um, their glutei maximi? (heh-heh)

Cheers.
                        LC

Comment

Hello Lynn. Aren't we irreverent tonight? (As reverend Andy S. would put it.)
                          Apologies for the VERY silly jokes. And my own gluteus maximus hurts from sitting on the Eurostar for 3 hours. And before that, for 2 hours on a couch at that horribly loud Hotel lobby, trying to work.
                          Best regards,
                          Maria

Comment

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                            Um, their glutei maximi?
                            Interlude
                            A guy walks into a bar and says give me a martinus. The bartender says, you mean martini. The guy says, if I want two, I'll ask for them.

(Source: Wayne & Shuster, ca. 1960)

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
                              Interlude
                              A guy walks into a bar and says give me a martinus. The bartender says, you mean martini. The guy says, if I want two, I'll ask for them.

(Source: Wayne & Shuster, ca. 1960)
                              Let's keep these jokes to a minimus, please.

The other GM
                              huh?

Comment

could people please refrain from arsing around on here ......be it in greek or not, i just dont get the crack....

Comment

Working...
                                X