Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
    Shell:

I didn't figure in the Chinese....because they didn't wear the standard issue armor of a Roman soldier like you see in the recreations of Golgotha...or that of your typical Jewish henpecked husband of the period....good thinkin'.

I suppose there might be a "chink in the armor" of my Roman/Jew theory after all.
    Howard,
    If you take a look at History the nasty deeds are recorded earliest in China, but i think the Japanese were rather more henpecked...Maybe that's were the Harry Carrie craze came in? Still you can always look on the bright side of life.

Anyway for the celebration of death how about:
    On the Third day of christmas my ghost love said to me three lethal blows....2 murderous shoves...and a trip to the mortuary!
    Last edited by Guest; 02-08-2009, 11:21 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Brown View Post
      Shell:

I didn't figure in the Chinese....because they didn't wear the standard issue armor of a Roman soldier like you see in the recreations of Golgotha...or that of your typical Jewish henpecked husband of the period....good thinkin'.

I suppose there might be a "chink in the armor" of my Roman/Jew theory after all.
      Anorak head on.....But as the Jerusalem garrison were locally recruited Auxiliaries......It was the Palestinians!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
        The Victorian Torso Murders, in and around the Thames.
        I haven't heard of the Victorian Torso murders, i wouldn't mind hearing a bit about it though. When was this? around the Ripper time or no?

Comment

I believe that they are still classified as part of the 'Whitechapel' murders. One of the torso's actually turning up at Scotland yard. I believe that Patricia Cornwall makes a case for Sickert committing these murders, but I would take that with a pinch of Salt.

Pirate

Comment

Take a look here Shellie,

Regards Mike

Comment

I chose Some Other Case as I find the Thames Torso killer of most interest. My interest in the case has just increased becasue I have come across a torso murder that occurred in 1892 in Nottingham. While it seems unlikely to be the Thames killer, it is worth looking into more I think.

best regards,

Adam
              Best regards,
              Adam

"They assumed Kelly was the last... they assumed wrong" - Me

Comment

Hi Adam, I found a newspaper report on a Thames Torso murder from the 1870's, which is quite fascinating.
                Regards Mike

Comment

The torso murders, in some ways, are just as fascinating as JTR. I'd love to read that article Mike. It's an intriguing thought that the Thames killer could have been killing since the 1870's.

Best regards,

Adam
                  Best regards,
                  Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Jack View Post
                    The torso murders, in some ways, are just as fascinating as JTR. I'd love to read that article Mike. It's an intriguing thought that the Thames killer could have been killing since the 1870's.

Best regards,

Adam
                    This link will take you to page one of several reports I have posted on the Torso thread,

The 1870's report is on the 2nd page.
                    Regards Mike

Comment

When was the last possible Thames Torso? Wasn't there one in about 1902?
                      This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Thanks very much Mike,

Regards,

Adam
                        Best regards,
                        Adam

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                          Thanks for the link, i had a quick look on what people directed me to on other threads, it's very interesting and might have more of a delve in later. It's possible that there was more than one Torso Killer, but i think the MO differs to that of JTR.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzi View Post
                            The BD case definately,from that list-- maybe because it's so disturbing and at the end of the day 'That Photo' makes MJK look quite OK- or perhaps I'm just becoming immune to it!

Shelley-
                            DON'T get me going on JonBenet (Spookily I've just been doing a lot of reading on just that!)- Now there we DO have a serious mystery and a heck of a lot of wrong footing - and that's before we leave the house- leaving not a single footprint of course- if indeed there was markable snow!........IMHO!

I said don't get me going!!
                            Cripes! So you've been looking at JonBenet Ramsay lately....It is a mystery, an old friend of mine in the US is an Attorney and he mentioned that in the first instance the police made a bit of a hash of it, as they weren't well trained in that sort of area or something like that. It is a shame that her life was cut so short and in a terrifying way. Still i do think the killer made himself aquianted with the family, as why would the little girl have removed herself from her room for one if she wasn't with someone she trusted, for that to happen the parents must have trusted the killer in the first instance.
                            By BD do you mean Black Dahalia?
                            I heard somewhere ( a documentary i think ) the she had a particular condition, can't remember the name of it now, but it concerned her genetalia that she wasn't formed in that area properly so could not have engaged in full sex.

Oops, on my other post i should have written for the celebration of death:
                            On the third day of Cryptmus my ghost love said to me...Three lethal blows...2 murderous shoves..& a trip to the Mortuary!
                            Last edited by Guest; 02-09-2009, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I live in the US and as such have been subjected to endless torrents of Jon-Benet Ramsey, and I have to say, the more you look at that case, the less interesting it gets. It's fairly easy to convince yourself that the killer must have known his way around the house, and have known where things were kept in the house, and this really limits the suspect pool. Plus the ransom note appears to be more interested in telling her father not to go to the police and confess than in actually collecting any sort of ransom. The sexual assault doesn't seem to have been a real assault, just a half-hearted attack on her privates. The foreign DNA wasn't actually a semen stain, it was just some unknown person who touched her, and it could easily have been a playmate. And yes, the police really botched this one.

Comment

The Ramsey murder reminds me some of the Vera Page case.
                                This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X