Timelines
Games & Diversions
Photo Archive
Ripper Wiki
Casebook Examiner
Ripper Podcast
About the Casebook

Most Recent Posts:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Abby Normal 12 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by harry 46 minutes ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Herlock Sholmes 6 hours ago.
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - by Abby Normal 6 hours ago.
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - by cobalt 7 hours ago.
Maybrick, James: Acquiring A Victorian Diary - by David Orsam 7 hours ago.

Most Popular Threads:
Motive, Method and Madness: Same motive = same killer - (25 posts)
Maybrick, James: Acquiring A 20th Century Word Processor - (8 posts)
Maybrick, James: Acquiring a Life - (7 posts)
Maybrick, James: Acquiring A Victorian Diary - (4 posts)
Maybrick, James: One Incontrovertible, Unequivocal, Undeniable Fact Which Refutes the Diary - (3 posts)
A6 Murders: A6 Rebooted - (2 posts)

Wiki Updates:
Robert Sagar
Edit: Chris
May 9, 2015, 12:32 am
Online newspaper archives
Nov 26, 2014, 10:25 am
Joseph Lawende
Mar 9, 2014, 10:12 am
Miscellaneous research resources
Feb 13, 2014, 9:28 am
Charles Cross
Edit: John Bennett
Sep 4, 2013, 8:20 pm

Most Recent Blogs:
Mike Covell: A DECADE IN THE MAKING.
February 19, 2016, 11:12 am.
Chris George: RipperCon in Baltimore, April 8-10, 2016
February 10, 2016, 2:55 pm.
Mike Covell: Hull Prison Visit
October 10, 2015, 8:04 am.
Mike Covell: NEW ADVENTURES IN RESEARCH
August 9, 2015, 3:10 am.
Mike Covell: UPDDATES FOR THE PAST 11 MONTHS
November 14, 2014, 10:02 am.
Mike Covell: Mike’s Book Releases
March 17, 2014, 3:18 am.

Go Back   Casebook Forums > Ripper Discussions > Suspects > Lechmere/Cross, Charles

Old 06-23-2017, 06:09 AM
Suspended

Serial killers are 2 steps ahead of you

First, they know how you think, and they will do what you don't think about

Second, they have nothing conecting them to those women

The Zodiac couldn't be identifed, Jack couldn't be identifed, the only way is to catch them while they are in act, if you missed Lechmere, the whole case will be lost forever.

Rainbow°
Quick reply to this message Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 06:13 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow View Post
He gave his adress at the inquest , after he had time to think and calculate everything, there are two points here

So what was his objective? To be EXECUTED under a false name? Are we to imagine him reading Paul's statement and thinking......: "Hmm.....this fellow I dragged to see the body of the woman I killed, and went with me as I reported to a PC that my victim was lying in Buck's Row is really ON about that PC and the police in general! Pretty nasty stuff he's saying here about the body being cold and what a great shame that PC's reaction to all was. Even though I did all the talking because I made him stand in a corner with his fingers in his ears while I had a private chat with the PC, tricking him into essentially paying no attention to fact that we'd just told him about a woman lying in Buck's Row. Still....hardly anything about...ME. Hmmmmm. Eh. I guess I'll show up at the inquest and tell lies and hope I don't get caught. But...what if I do get caught? I GOT IT! I'll give them a fake name! Real address and employer but a fake name! I'll use my stepdads name! That way.....when they arrest me and throw my in jail to await my trial and eventually hanging...NO ONE WILL KNOW THAT MY NAME IS REALLY LECHMERE....BWAHAHAHAHAHA (that's an evil laugh, just so you know)."

first Paul and a policeman saw him
second, he has a family and a regular work in Whitechapel

He will be found if the police wanted him, so, He will not rescue everything by giving a false adress, a little changing in his name will make all what he needed

Please note: The police DID find him. Well.....HE found the police. He sought out the police. He found the police. He told the police what he told them. Now, THAT policeman appears to have told NO ONE what Cross and Paul told him. But, that's hardly something Cross could have known. We're to believe he lied to Mizen. Then showed at the inquest to lie again, making Mizen out to be a liar? Clearly....that was the most reasonable of all available options (that's sarcasm, by the way).

and that worked!

we couldn't know who was Cross till the 21 century! amazing, isn't it.

Not in the least. Spend some time researching people from 19th century and before. Tell us what you find.

Rainbow°
Above bold.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:19 AM
Sergeant

Quote:

The Zodiac couldn't be identifed, Jack couldn't be identifed, the only way is to catch them while they are in act, if you missed Lechmere, the whole case will be lost forever.

Rainbow°
Ah. Yes. The Ripper and The Zodiac were real geniuses. Capable to almost superhuman powers of stealth, mind-reading, two steps ahead, as you say. But, what about the serial killers that HAVE been caught? They're kind of a let down, aren't they? I mean, Dennis Rader and Gary Ridgeway? Imagine if BTK and the Green River Killer hadn't been caught. We'd view them as we view Jack and Zodiac: supernatural killers of unimaginable skill and cunning. Top hat. Black bag. All that.

Jack wasn't what you think he was. Zodiac wasn't what you think he was. For instance, what if Arthur Leigh Allen WAS the Zodiac? Have you seen interviews with him? Hardly what we imagined Zodiac to be, correct? Best he remain a product of our imaginations, like Jack.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:20 AM
Superintendent

Too many of the uninitiated out there are suckered in by the half-truths and misinformation spread by the Lechmere school. A man caught crouched over the victim!? Nope. He was stood in the street. A man who gave a fake name to fool the cops? Nope. He gave his stepfather's surname, volunteered his place of business and voluntarily attended the police inquest.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:22 AM
Suspended

The same with Mizen, did he think Paul had his fingers in his ears when he will lie and say something that Cross didn't say ?!

Weird... all this coincidences happening with Lechmere, we made a PC a liar to defend him..

Rainbow°

Last edited by Rainbow : 06-23-2017 at 06:25 AM.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:22 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
You don't have to, any of them was NOT standing where a freschly murdered still bleeding woman was at 3:40 on the morning.. any of thim didn't hide his true name or gave a false statment to a police officer

Rainbow°
AH! Freshly murdered. One of my favorites. Well. You've got us. Although.....still..... Can you run down your evidence that he gave a false statement to police for us? I think I need a refresher.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:25 AM
Assistant Commissioner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry D View Post
Too many of the uninitiated out there are suckered in by the half-truths and misinformation spread by the Lechmere school. A man caught crouched over the victim!? Nope. He was stood in the street. A man who gave a fake name to fool the cops? Nope. He gave his stepfather's surname, volunteered his place of business and voluntarily attended the police inquest.
Youre right Harry....Lechmere is about as probable as Richardson is for the Chapman murder, Diemshizt for the Stride murder, Watkins for the Mitre Square murder and Indian Harry for the Millers Court event. The first person who comes across the deceased is just that.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:27 AM
Chief Inspector

Quote:

Rainbow°
That's why serial killers are never caught unless they are found standing over a mutilated corpse!

Come on
Old 06-23-2017, 06:31 AM
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
That's why serial killers are never caught unless they are found standing over a mutilated corpse!

Come on
Um. Would you like a list serial killers where caught while NOT standing over "freshly killed" (God I love that expression!) corpses?
Old 06-23-2017, 06:32 AM
Suspended

Why was he near a still bleeding woman while he was 10 minutes late from his normal route to work

Why didn't he run away from that dark and dangerous alley after noticing a woman lying and a man is hurrying towards him as Esrael(Stride) did ?!

Why didn't he use his true name as he did by all his documents

Why didn't he let Paul touch the woman ?!

why did Mizen lie and say something he didn't say..

Why .. Why

Rainbow°