Mr Blotchy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
    Ok, Ill buy that. So now explain the choice of venue for the Nichols attack. He could have easily been seen from either end of that road, or by anyone on it.
    And he was seen - by Robert Paul!

To explain his choice of venue, I would need to get into his head. And I haven´t been able to do so yet. So I´m left with guesswork only:

1. His urges outweighed his cautiosness.

2. He felt sure that he would either be able to leg it or bluff it out, come what may.

3. He had made a conscious decision to try and kill in as public a space as possible.

4. He was drunk.

5. He was pissed off by something Nichols did/said, and had not planned to kill her from the outset.

6. He suffered from delusions.

I´m sure that other alternatives can be offered, but these are a few ones that serve quite well as possible explanations.

Comment

Wouldn't hutch have been shown a photo of joseph isaacs or lineup to determine whether he was astrakhan man

Comment

Originally posted by Varqm View Post
        Mr's Kennedy did not exist unless Lewis's shadow talked.
        Thats what you prefer to believe.
        Yet Lewis, also saw her out after 1:00. She watched this loiterer (Hutch?), while a couple walked up the court, the woman being hatless, and tipsy.
        Then there's Hutchinson, followed by those residents at Millers Court.

You wouldn't believe she was out if she rose from the dead to tell you herself.
        Hutch's story was confirmed by Sarah Lewis, with respect to the couple passing up the court - so she had to be out.

Funny that some believe Hutch came forward because he was seen with the victim. Then there's Blotchy, he was seen too, but he didn't come forward.
        Odd that...
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

I'm open-minded to the killer having spent extended time with all the victims except Kate; there are plenty of openings in the case for that. However, when he gets each victim to the murder site, he blitzes with a sudden overwhelming assault on the poor woman. The moment she closes her door, Blotchy has Mary at the same point that Jack had Annie when they entered that backyard. Its silly to suggest, but it would be like, uh, saying that Annie could have bought herself some time if she had only hummed a few bars. Jack didn't care about all those Hanbury residents, so why would he care about what Miller Court overheard? Since he obviously didn't rush her, I'm questioning if there was something familiar between Mary and Blotchy where she could get away with singing the hour.
          there,s nothing new, only the unexplored

Comment

has anyone come up with a reason why Caroline Maxwell would lie about seeing Mary Kelly?
            Last edited by RockySullivan; 11-29-2017, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
              has anyone come up with a reason why Caroline Maxwell would lie about seeing Mary Kelly?
              Or a convincing explanation as to why she would get such a momentous day confused with another?

To my mind she either mistook the identity of the woman she had seen or MJK was alive, but unwell, at the generally accepted TOD.
              I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                Or a convincing explanation as to why she would get such a momentous day confused with another?

To my mind she either mistook the identity of the woman she had seen or MJK was alive, but unwell, at the generally accepted TOD.
                And through in Maurice Lewis while playing pitch and toss and what is the conclusion then???
                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                  many serial killers have gotten a "pass" by police. theyre usually good liars and manipulators.
                  Hello Abby,

Then in theory every single individual interviewed by the police at the time could have actually been the Ripper but somehow managed to fool the police.

As far as Hutch goes we have to make a determination as best we can as to whether or not the police would have considered his story and behavior that night suspicious. I think unless the police were complete and total idiots the answer has to be yes. If the answer is yes it is reasonable to assume they questioned him and investigated him as best they could. They apparently cleared him. Could he have fooled them? Absolutely. But unfortunately that is all we have to go on. So we can speculate all we want as to his possible involvement in the murder but the fact remains he did get a "pass" from the police whether we agree with their assessment or not.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                    Hello Abby,

Then in theory every single individual interviewed by the police at the time could have actually been the Ripper but somehow managed to fool the police.

As far as Hutch goes we have to make a determination as best we can as to whether or not the police would have considered his story and behavior that night suspicious. I think unless the police were complete and total idiots the answer has to be yes. If the answer is yes it is reasonable to assume they questioned him and investigated him as best they could. They apparently cleared him. Could he have fooled them? Absolutely. But unfortunately that is all we have to go on. So we can speculate all we want as to his possible involvement in the murder but the fact remains he did get a "pass" from the police whether we agree with their assessment or not.

c.d.
                    Hi CD
                    I don’t think the police were idiots at all. They just weren’t used to dealing with serial killers and serial homicide at this point in time. And there is no evidence he was ever even considered a suspect.
                    "Is all that we see or seem
                    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Hello Abby,

He may or may not have been a suspect but he almost certainly (and here is where the idiot thing comes in) would have been considered a person of interest. As such, he would have been questioned and his answers would have to make sense.

I agree that the police at the time were not used to dealing with serial killers but that didn't change the fact that they had routine investigative procedures which they followed.

c.d.

Comment

Sorry to go back several pages to the Joseph Taylor description of the man drinking at the Prince Albert pub.

I hadn't read this before and found it interesting. Do others think this was Jack ?

While I know there were many examples of people thinking they saw the Ripper, this makes sense for several reasons:
                        • Similar description to other witnesses (Lowende, PC Smith, Marshall)
                        • Blood stain on sleeve
                        • Agitated (after killing two people)
                        • Timing was right (likely to have walked around since the murders)
                        • Knew he was being followed and crossed Brushfield Street several times to lose the follower
                        • Appeared to be hiding something under his coat (a knife or blood stained shirt)

Craig

Comment

Hello Abby,

He may or may not have been a suspect but he almost certainly (and here is where the idiot thing comes in) would have been considered a person of interest. As such, he would have been questioned and his answers would have to make sense.

I agree that the police at the time were not used to dealing with serial killers but that didn't change the fact that they had routine investigative procedures which they followed.

c.d.
                          Show me any evidence that he was considered a suspect by the police and you might have a point.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I said he would have been considered a person of interest.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                              Thats what you prefer to believe.
                              Yet Lewis, also saw her out after 1:00. She watched this loiterer (Hutch?), while a couple walked up the court, the woman being hatless, and tipsy.
                              Then there's Hutchinson, followed by those residents at Millers Court.

You wouldn't believe she was out if she rose from the dead to tell you herself.
                              Hutch's story was confirmed by Sarah Lewis, with respect to the couple passing up the court - so she had to be out.

Funny that some believe Hutch came forward because he was seen with the victim. Then there's Blotchy, he was seen too, but he didn't come forward.
                              Odd that...
                              Oh god.... here we go. Another one with their own legendarium.
                              Lewis saw Mary Kelly? And saw her with Aman? Phantom witnesses named Kennedy? Lol!

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I said he would have been considered a person of interest.

c.d.
                                They didn’t even have that term back then, you were either a suspect or you weren’t. All the evidence is that he was a witness, none that he was a suspect, or if you prefer a person of interest.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Working...
                                X