No announcement yet.

Stephen Hawking Kept Alive by Demons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I myself am a player...since the age of 6...and I play many different styles, but I guess consider myself a "Jazz guitarist" however I have played with blues bands (traditional and the "modern play really fast" blues" ) rock bands, did studio work for Hip Hop and country and let me tell you.. every thing is different... and guitarists respect the hell out of one and other no matter the style (true guitarist.. as in people who truly make a study of the instrument, not just people who learn a few chords and start a band....and I am in no way putting that down.... that is great, and I wish more people did...some of my favorite music to listen to comes from that mentality for sure)
    My Favorite guitar players to watch play are (and I mean watching video of them to just sit in awe of their technique)
    1-Pepe Romero (if you never saw him please look him up...amazing Spanish guitarist!!!)
    Pepe Romero playing La Paloma by Sebastian Yradier in the transcription of Francisco Tarrega.Concert in Seoul

2- Chet Atkins- I will never in my life get sick of watching him play!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ZMoymgqbU
    3- Stanley Jordan- just mind blowing!!!
    Una muestra de un virtuoso de la guitarra, ideal para relajarse

4- Pat Martino- this man gets the most SMOOTH sound!!

5- Ed Bickert- seriously.. he gets that sound from a Telecaster!!

there are so many more... but just a taste

Steadmund Brand
    "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

We were out listeniing to a ska singer/player last night - really great performer. Sounds simple, until I tried it....

Graham
      We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
        There is a theory that Robert Johnson didn't die of strychnine poisoning, but was secretly removed from Mississippi to work on the fledgling Manhattan Project.......

Graham
        Graham, I think that it illustrates the sad state of the world when I find myself thinking “has Graham made that up as a joke or is there a real conspiracy theory abour Robert Johnson and The Manhattan Project!”
        Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Steadmund Brand View Post
          I myself am a player...since the age of 6...and I play many different styles, but I guess consider myself a "Jazz guitarist" however I have played with blues bands (traditional and the "modern play really fast" blues" ) rock bands, did studio work for Hip Hop and country and let me tell you.. every thing is different... and guitarists respect the hell out of one and other no matter the style (true guitarist.. as in people who truly make a study of the instrument, not just people who learn a few chords and start a band....and I am in no way putting that down.... that is great, and I wish more people did...some of my favorite music to listen to comes from that mentality for sure)
          My Favorite guitar players to watch play are (and I mean watching video of them to just sit in awe of their technique)
          1-Pepe Romero (if you never saw him please look him up...amazing Spanish guitarist!!!)
          Pepe Romero playing La Paloma by Sebastian Yradier in the transcription of Francisco Tarrega.Concert in Seoul

2- Chet Atkins- I will never in my life get sick of watching him play!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ZMoymgqbU
          3- Stanley Jordan- just mind blowing!!!
          Una muestra de un virtuoso de la guitarra, ideal para relajarse

4- Pat Martino- this man gets the most SMOOTH sound!!

5- Ed Bickert- seriously.. he gets that sound from a Telecaster!!

there are so many more... but just a taste

Steadmund Brand

What about this bloke

Come visit us at https://www.doylecoils.com - LES PAUL’S FINAL DREAM OF THE ULTIMATE HUMBUCKER PICKUP COMES TO LIFE!MORE INFO ABOUT THIS GUITAR AT http://www...
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

I think Steven Rothery is a tragically underrated guitarist.
            “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

A salute to Magpie as a fan of the wonderful Marillion
              Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

So I'm watching "Davy Crockett and Andrew Jackson" on a History program called "The Men Who Built America" and they're discussing the War of 1812 and how Col. Jackson fought the British Army in the War of 1812, and suddenly recalled a song from my youth, fragments of lyrics... Searched on the Net and found Johnny Horton's recording of "The Battle of New Orleans" by Johnny Driftwood. A 1959 classic, popular in both the USA and the UK

Last edited by Pcdunn; 03-23-2018, 03:47 PM. Reason: Correcting link
                Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                ---------------
                Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                  So I'm watching "Davy Crockett and Andrew Jackson" on a History program called "The Men Who Built America" and they're discussing the War of 1812 and how Col. Jackson fought the British Army in the War of 1812, and suddenly recalled a song from my youth, fragments of lyrics... Searched on the Net and found Johnny Horton's recording of "The Battle of New Orleans" by Johnny Driftwood. A 1959 classic, popular in both the USA and the UK

https://www.google.com/search?q=johh...BwCXY31xLwAAAA

A great song, Mrs Gut plays it to her history class when doing the war of independence
                  G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                    A great song, Mrs Gut plays it to her history class when doing the war of independence
                    Saw that Johnny Driftwood was an Arkansas high-school teacher of history, who frequently wrote and played songs to his students. That probably accounts for the light-hearted tone of the ballad, as well as the gator incident. I just thought it was catchy and funny.
                    Probably heard the version from the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band on the radio.
                    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                    ---------------
                    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                      Saw that Johnny Driftwood was an Arkansas high-school teacher of history, who frequently wrote and played songs to his students. That probably accounts for the light-hearted tone of the ballad, as well as the gator incident. I just thought it was catchy and funny.
                      Probably heard the version from the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band on the radio.
                      Mrs G uses a lot of music in her history classes.

Paul McCartney’s give Ireland back to the Irish in the Irish troubles classes.
                      Some Beatles stuff in the 60s
                      As I said Johhny Horton Battle of New Orleanes
                      Rolf Harris Two Little Boys in the Civil War (used to anyway not sure if she still does)
                      sink the Bismarck WWII (another Of Horton’s)
                      Snoopy v Red Baron WWI

It just adds a bit of lightness and catches the kids attention.
                      G U T

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbs4...A&spfreload=10

The comments that people posted in response to this video are down right scary. How could anybody be that wacked out?

c.d.
                        Stephen Hawking Kept Alive by Demons?

Sounds as if it's time for me to drive West, Ripper Mates.

Seriously, Ripperites, I will be appearing Saturday and Sunday at a War of 1812 conference at old Fort Osage, near Sibley, Missouri, on the road to Topeka, Kansas.

Maybe I can get some tips on how to run a bladdy conference.

Last edited by ChrisGeorge; 03-23-2018, 05:25 PM.
                        Christopher T. George
                        Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
                        just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
                        For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
                        RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

Originally posted by Herlock Sholmes View Post
                          A salute to Magpie as a fan of the wonderful Marillion
                          That's half of where the nickname comes from

The other half being I like shiny things
                          “Sans arme, sans violence et sans haine”

Comment

I took my guitar to the crossroads and the devil said "not another guitarist, doesn't anyone want to be the world's greatest plumber?"
                            Tommy Johnson's wiki page is interesting. I remember him appearing as a character in the Coen brothers "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?"
                            It puzzled me at the time, I knew about the Robert Johnson myth, and wondered why he was called Tommy. The Coen's used a real life character in Baby Face Nelson in the film, so why not Robert Johnson?
                            I know better now. Did the devil have to ask southern blues guitarists to form an orderly queue or something?

Comment

I wouldn't take a penny whistle to this place :

ATV Night - BBC2, 27 August 1994"From the foyer of the famous Crossroads Motel". Final part.

Comment

I've often wondered if it was an inspiration for Acorn Antiques.
                                Did the devil's work for sure. Created a very real sense of existential despair about teatime in my house.

Comment

Working...
                                X