Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kosminski's Colney Hatch Records Published Online Today

OK guys, go at it:

THE barber suspected of being infamous serial killer Jack the Ripper is among hundreds of thousands mental health institute records published online today.

To search the Lunacy Registers and Warrants 1820 - 1912 collection visit www.ancestry.co.uk

Best regards,
    Archaic

Originally posted by Archaic View Post
    OK guys, go at it:

THE barber suspected of being infamous serial killer Jack the Ripper is among hundreds of thousands mental health institute records published online today.

To search the Lunacy Registers and Warrants 1820 - 1912 collection visit www.ancestry.co.uk

Best regards,
    Archaic
    Thanks Archaic, looks like I'll have to bump my subscription upto UK for a month or so I also have a relo who died In the Manor House, I hope that that material is included.
    Last edited by GUT; 11-27-2014, 05:40 PM.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

re: Family History

You're very welcome Gut.

It will be fascinating to see what people will discover, not merely as regards Kosminski but in terms of family history.

I think it's inevitable that much of it will be very sad - so many people were just "swept under the rug" in the old days - but still it's better to know what one's forebears went through.

Best regards,
      Archaic

Comment

"If nothing else, it was gratifying to learn that there were still undiscovered Ripper files lying around. The registers in O’Driscoll’s collection included asylum records related to Aaron Kozminski."

--Robert House in his recent article "Register 9: Kozminski's Missing Leavesden Records" (Rip no. 143).

While it is hopeful that missing records, such as those of patients in asylums at the approximate date, can be found, I doubt whether there would be anything in Aaron Kozminski's records that mention the word "Ripper," or the term "The Whitechapel Murderer."

Comment

Would somebody who was suspected of murdering at least five women and would have Been the most wanted man in the UK (if not the world) be allowed to sit in an asylum for years with no contact from the police .
          Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
            Would somebody who was suspected of murdering at least five women and would have Been the most wanted man in the UK (if not the world) be allowed to sit in an asylum for years with no contact from the police .
            No obviously not.

Cheers John

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmoon View Post
              I guess that would depend on how much of a Hot Potato it would be to discover the Ripper was a jew who had been protected by his family.

Once at Leavesdon Kosminski would have entered a schizophrenic stage known as burn out becoming increasing internalised and cut off from the out side world..

What might be interesting about the missing Leavesdon records is it might give us more detail on his mental state…bearing in mind some 16 years are missing

Yours Jeff

Comment

Working...
              X