Feigenbaum's ethnicity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feigenbaum's ethnicity

Why does Feigenbaum's photo in the suspects section of the site look like he is of Asian descent?

Hi Sarah,

I think the eyes look sort of Asian, but as they are not Fiegenbaum's eyes they have no relationship to his ethnicity. That's not a real photo. It's an E-FIT composite put together for Trevor Marriott's book based loosely on some witness statements. It's no more a representation of Feigenbaum than the E-FIT some people put together of Jack the Ripper based upon some witness statements should be thought of as an accurate representation of what Jack looked like.

Similarly, for anyone who doesn't already know, the images of Fay, Millwood, Wilson, Mylett and Jackson on the Casebook Victims page are not real either.

Dan Norder
    Ripper Notes: The International Journal for Ripper Studies
    Web site: www.RipperNotes.com - Email: dannorder@gmail.com

Comment

So there is this old joke that I first heard when I was about six, sitting in shul with my father. (I'd have to have been about six, because later than that and I would have been chased upstairs to sit with my mum.) An old Jew finds himself in Beijing--or as it was known then Peking--during the high holidays. He asks around and finally finds a synagogue. He walks in and is surrounded by Chinese people who keep asking him 'are you Jewish? Are you sure you're Jewish?' Upset, he answers in the affirmative. And one Chinese man says to him (here you have to put your fingers to the corners of your eyes to slant them up) 'Funny, you don't look Jewish'...

This slightly racist joke was brought to you by the Old Hebrew Congregation Newcastle upon Tyne circa 1956...

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Norder View Post
        It's no more a representation of Feigenbaum than the E-FIT some people put together of Jack the Ripper based upon some witness statements should be thought of as an accurate representation of what Jack looked like.
        And to prove the point - It's the one that looks like Freddie Mercury!
        Truth is female, since truth is beauty rather than handsomeness; this [...] would certainly explain the saying that a lie could run around the world before Truth has got its, correction, her boots on, since she would have to chose which pair - the idea that any woman in a position to choose would have just one pair of boots being beyond rational belief.
        Unseen Academicals - Terry Pratchett.

Comment

so all we need to do is dig up all male 10 year old skeletons for the id parade?
          if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

I am just reading the book. I thought that picture looked odd. It was my opinion that if it were real the camera and/or film were toast!
            And the questions always linger, no real answer in sight

Comment

Here's a side view drawing from New York's The World from April 28, 1896. Assuming he looks older than what he would have looked like in 1888
              Attached Files

Comment

stupid old ditty

And the Lord said unto Moses
                All the Jews shall have long noses
                All except Aaron
                He shall have a square 'un.
                allisvanityandvexationofspirit

Comment

Working...
                X