Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack the Ripper App

Dear all,

I'm pleased to announce a new app for iPhone and iPad, Ripperpedia: The Jack the Ripper Who's Who.

With text by John Bennett and artwork by Adam Wood, the app takes the form of an illustrated encyclopaedia with in-text links allowing the user to move around the entries at will.

Ripperpedia features over 150 entries, with almost 200 illustrations and modern-day videos of the five canonical murder sites, as well as an interactive map showing exactly what happened where.

New entries will be added on a regular basis and available as free updates.

Available from the App store now:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/rippe...4328?ls=1&mt=8 (US)

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/rippe...4328?ls=1&mt=8 (UK)

Best wishes
    Adam

Attached Files

Interesting. I'm downloading it now, and am eager to check it out.
    Bond. Greg Bond

Comment

It's a really well designed app, and I've already spent a fair bit of time navigating around it.

I've written a full review of it for the next issue of Ripperologist.

All the best
      Andrew

Comment

Looks fantastic, Adam!

Any chance of making it available for Android?

Thanks!

Dan

Comment

Looks great.
          any chance for an android version?
          C

Comment

Android

Hi there,

Yes, an Android version will be available in the near future - watch this space!

Adam

Comment

Comment

Waiting patiently....

Comment

This looks amazing.... will it be available for the Windows Phone??
                  "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Hi Adam, it's really a great idea. Why didn't I think of it?

Looking forward to the new Android version.

Thanks,
                    Archaic

Comment

Hi Steadmund,

At the moment there are no plans to develop for the Windows phone, but of course we'll consider that if there's a demand.

Best wishes
                      Adam

Comment

This is when I wish I had either an iPad or iPhone. Looks awesome though!

Comment

Hi Steadmund,

At the moment there are no plans to develop for the Windows phone, but of course we'll consider that if there's a demand.

Best wishes
                          Adam

I guess it wouldn't help much to say it is in demand from me ....Oh well.. I still hope the Windows phone will catch on quick (I for one like it much better then any other phones I have used).

Again, the app looks amazing and I hope one day soon I will be able to download it.

thanks again.

Steadmund
                          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Another Ripper App with a Twist

Hi All, like buses you wait for a new Ripper App to come along and then two come at once..rather than start a new thread I thought I should post about our app here..

Track the Ripper is an interactive mobile movie that allows you to visit the streets of London's Whitechapel in 1888. Glean as many clues as you can and match your findings against a police database of suspects to identify the Ripper. Can you repay the faith shown in you by Inspector Abberline and stop the most notorious serial killer of all time before he kills Mary Kelly?

we had a great launch in Dirty Dick's on Friday and is a way of learning about the Ripper in a gamified way

Take a look at

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/track...r/id526677865?

As with Ripperpedia the app is currently available for iPhone but not yet Android..we are working on it
                            Regards
                            Neil

Comment

Working...
                            X