Bucks row 3D walk around and video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bucks row 3D walk around and video

Okay, I've been working on a new scene and I've finally got a ver 1.0 of what I've done so far.

Had a few problems with PC and issues with the software I've been using to do this.

The scene is Bucks Row.

Firstly, It was created as a walk-thru / walk around using Unity game engine (like some of my other scene attempts). I had to wait until I bought a better PC to upgrade things but I'm a little disappointed that this scene still might work for some of you due to browser issues. Therefore, I've created a very quick and dirty youtube vid so you can at least see what I've got so far.

The Vid is here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GfTOLs4lVc

BE WARNED - The sound might burst your ear drums so put it on mute / very low before playing! Sorry!

You can access the browser based scene using the link below. It works (for me) in Chrome and Mozilla. Didn't work in Microsoft Explorer even though it is supported (hence why I have posted the video and the images below so you can at least see something should the browser version not work).

The WebGL walk-thru here:

http://autumnofterror.com/Bucks/

And here are a few comparison pictures:

This is a WIP (work in progress). The buildings are basic but the whole model is based directly on the Goad's Map so the scale and building placement are based off that plan.

I need feedback on everything that needs fixing/changing, please.

I can actually supply a download version of the scene which will work on your PC - once I have a final version. I can also upload the model to Sketchfab once it's finished.

I hope you can access the browser version of this model because it's quite good to walk down a virtual Bucks Row!

Hope you like!
    Last edited by richardh; 06-09-2017, 05:13 PM.
    JtRmap.com<< JtR Interactive Map
    JtRmap FORM << Use this form to make suggestions for map annotations
    ---------------------------------------------------
    JtR3d.com << JtR 3D & #VR Website

Great.Just use the keyboard arrows to walk in the WebGL walk-thru.
    Last edited by Varqm; 06-09-2017, 05:34 PM.
    Clearly the first human laws (way older and already established) spawned organized religion's morality - from which it's writers only copied/stole,ex. you cannot kill,rob,steal (forced,it started civil society).
    M. Pacana

Comment

As usual great work Richard.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Looks really promising!

One question, were Browne and Eagles gates set that far back?
        dustymiller
        aka drstrange

Comment

Public House

Just watched the Youtube video - Great work!
          I believe the Public House on Brady Street was called the Roebuck (rather than Rowbuck)

Comment

Thanks.
            I've moved the gates forward toward the road now. Although it was a bit of guess work that there were gates or any barrier at that point in actual fact. Is there any reference to what was there? maps/photos/illustrations?

thanks

Originally posted by drstrange169 View Post
            Looks really promising!

One question, were Browne and Eagles gates set that far back?
            Last edited by richardh; 06-10-2017, 04:07 AM.

Comment

Thank you.
              I've corrected that error in the model now. My mistake.

Originally posted by Reay1961 View Post
              Just watched the Youtube video - Great work!
              I believe the Public House on Brady Street was called the Roebuck (rather than Rowbuck)

Comment

Hi Richard.

Very good work. Great for looking at the actual environment.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the comments.
                  For those unable to access/use the webGL version, I have uploaded the model to Sketchfab, here:
                  https://skfb.ly/68rQK

The trouble with the Sketchfab model is the user is not grounded but can fly anywhere in the model so bits that I've not modelled (which should be inaccessible to viewers) can be seen.

However, the Sketchfab model has the BIG benefit of a VR mode so you can use a VR headset to actually stand in the model and walk about! Something I am desperate to try.

Does anyone have a VR headset they can use to try the scene?

Please, I also need advice on the surrounding buildings AND what the area in front of the school looked like.

thank

Comment

I've looked for pictures of the gates over the years, but to-date found none.

I'm assuming (always a dangerous thing to do) that if there wasn't any gates, Browne and Eagle would be mentioned as a possible "getaway" for the murderer.

The nightwatchman caught two men hanging around the entrance, but I can't remember if he mentioned the word "gates", I'll look it up when i get home.

Ps great job!
                    dustymiller
                    aka drstrange

Comment

I came across this report the other day which I'd not noticed before, from the ELA 20th July 1889, after the murder of Alice McKenzie;

"Old Castle-street, which, like Buck's-row, in which the body of Mary Ann Nicholls [sic] was found in September of last year, is used by the costermongers of the neighbourhood for storing wheelbarrows and other miscellaneous vehicles at the close of each working day."

So maybe Buck's Row was somewhat more cluttered than generally supposed?

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Rogan View Post
                        I came across this report the other day which I'd not noticed before, from the ELA 20th July 1889, after the murder of Alice McKenzie;

"Old Castle-street, which, like Buck's-row, in which the body of Mary Ann Nicholls [sic] was found in September of last year, is used by the costermongers of the neighbourhood for storing wheelbarrows and other miscellaneous vehicles at the close of each working day."

So maybe Buck's Row was somewhat more cluttered than generally supposed?
                        Have to say I have heard nothing like that before Joshua.
                        There would be space after the Board School, where the road opens and was once considered a square. However I have found nothing which supports that article.

Would be great if someone had some data on it. Great find by the way.

Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X