No announcement yet.

How do Suspects compare?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Roy, thanks for that very interesting grid. But I don't see Mr. Birch and Packer being in the same neighborhood? Birch was a witness following Nichols, and Packer following Stride. I'd find it odd the two would be together in order to witness a suspect, and would agree on the identification. Do you happen to know Mr. Birch's residence? Was it close to Packer?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

P.S. What's the significance of The Old Rose? Also, I see James Street on your map. For some reason that's ringing a bell.

Comment

• Hi Phil

Monty was an all-rounder because he killed all round the east end.

Was it ever discovered what kind of bowler he was? Presumably if he was a quickie he could expect a shorter career than if he was a spinner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robert View Post
        Hi Phil

Monty was an all-rounder because he killed all round the east end.

Was it ever discovered what kind of bowler he was? Presumably if he was a quickie he could expect a shorter career than if he was a spinner.
        Hello Robert,

i cant say with certainty, as he opened the bowling, was first change and even 3rd change- but going by some of the figures Id guess medium quick.

Best wishes

Phil
        Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
        Accountability? ....

Comment

• Thanks Phil. I suppose for those who claim that he may have been depressed at his poor form/approaching end of career, he could always have planned to become an umpire.

Comment

• Hello Robert,

just think him and Geoff Boycott out in the middle- or even better- in the commentary box!

Best wishes

Phil
            Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
            Accountability? ....

Comment

• "My grandma could have caught that in Kate's pinny!"

I'll s'thee!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                Hi Roy, thanks for that very interesting grid. But I don't see Mr. Birch and Packer being in the same neighborhood? Birch was a witness following Nichols, and Packer following Stride. I'd find it odd the two would be together in order to witness a suspect, and would agree on the identification. Do you happen to know Mr. Birch's residence? Was it close to Packer?

P.S. What's the significance of The Old Rose? Also, I see James Street on your map. For some reason that's ringing a bell.
                Tom, on the map, Packer was at the red #1 next to Dutfields Yard. Birch was #8, at 16 Little Turner St. The November Echo piece said the sighting occurred along Commercial Road, which you see at the top of the map. Apparently they were out about that night on their home turf.

The Old Rose is a pub down by the St George East church. Was just a little quiz question I did at Howie's and one thing led to another. Hence the map which Rob helped fill in the numbers.

Roy
                Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Hi Roy, I hate to keep bugging on this matter. Do you know anything further on Mr. Birch - his first name? His residence at the time? If he was in league with Packer, it would be worth learning more about him. If some work has already been done, I wouldn't want to have to repeat it. Also, I have no idea how far Little Turner St. is from Berner Street, so I wasn't aware they were close.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
                    If he was in league with Packer, it would be worth learning more about him.
                    It is worth learning more about him in order to access if he might have been in league(?) with anyone.

Regards, Jon S.
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• That's what I meant, Wickersticks. I just said it backwards.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

• No problem, Tom. Here is the 1881 census household

Click image for larger version

Name:	Birch1881.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	663582

And the map 1 is Dutfields Yard, 8 is Little Turner St (the address was #2)
                        COMM is Commercial Road

Click image for larger version

Name:	STGeorgE2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	663583
                        Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Henry Birch is in three articles contained in the Casebook Press Reports -

Star Oct 6

Daily Telegraph Nov 12, where he is discussed along with Packer, Mortimer and Bachert in a Black Bag-o-Rama

Te Aroha News (New Zealand) Dec 1
                          Sink the Bismark

Comment

• Gleich und gleich . . .

Hello Roy. So Bachert and Packer together? Birds of a feather.

Cheers.
                            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                              So Bachert and Packer together?
                              Not exactly, they were both mentioned in a news article.

Matthew Packer and Henry Birch were together. See article post #263 of this thread courtesy Howie Brown.

Roy
                              Sink the Bismark

Comment

• German phonetics

Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
                                So Bachert and Packer together? Birds of a feather.
                                Hello Lynn. You're mixin' your “Brchs“. It's Bruch/Birch. There were also 2 (twisted) sisters who testified about Stride's flower supposedly being found on the next day. Can't cite their names as I don't have my notes/mags here in Bavaria.

Not sure if Roy is joking when referring to Packer and Bachert mentioned “together“ in an article.
                                PS.:Daily Telegraph Nov. 12, I'll read that sometime. (Not now while I'm in training though. :-))
                                Best regards,
                                Maria

Comment

Working...
                                X