Vlad the Impaler by M.J. Trow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vlad the Impaler by M.J. Trow

I was skimming through a copy of the National Enquirer (don't laugh) yesterday when I saw a fluff piece about the favorite books of celebrities. Angelina Jolie's all time favorite book is...no joke...Vlad the Impaler: In Search of Dracula by M.J. Trow, author of JTR: Quest For a Killer, The Thames Torso Murders, and other Ripper related books. Since the Enquirer is the top selling journal in the U.S., he's sure to see some sales from this little blurb.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Tom,

I was skimming through a copy of the National Enquirer (don't laugh)

Actually, the Enquirer has mellowed considerably and was even nominated for a Pulitzer last year. Ah, but when i was a teen it would run body-parts photos and all manner of tasteless headlines. One I remember was He May Get Taller But He'll Never Grow Another Foot about some poor kid who had one of his feet severed trying to use a chain saw.

Don.
    "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

The original "In search of Dracula" book accompanying the series starring Leonard Nimoy is definitely one of my all time favourite books

Comment

I gave up on the 'National Enquirer' years ago. Back in the 70s and 80s I loved that thing! Front to back nonstop gore, mayhem and insanity, alien invasions, sightings of Hitler and Elvis, and every word of it true! Plus stories and pictures of extremely fat cats, for some reason.

One of America's great news magazines, now brought to boring normalcy.
        - Ginger

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger
          Try telling that to John Travolta and Tom Cruise.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
            I gave up on the 'National Enquirer' years ago. Back in the 70s and 80s I loved that thing! Front to back nonstop gore, mayhem and insanity, alien invasions, sightings of Hitler and Elvis, and every word of it true! Plus stories and pictures of extremely fat cats, for some reason.

I still remember the one with a photo of a 1942 plane 'found' on the dark side of the moon...never mind there is no air in space for the wings to fly on...heheh.

Oh I wish I kept that issue.

Comment

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Ginger

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
              You don't mean to say that the current editor of the National Enquirer adheres to scientology?
              At any rate, really grateful that Don Souden doesn't. ;-)
              Best regards,
              Maria

Comment

Tom,

I'm sure John Edwards wishes they'd stuck to body parts and planes on the Moon.

Don.
                "To expose [the Senator] is rather like performing acts of charity among the deserving poor; it needs to be done and it makes one feel good, but it does nothing to end the problem."

Comment

Come to think of it, it's actually surprising that - to my knowledge - these types of tabloids haven't already identified Jack the Ripper. With all the celebrity suspects, this should be right up their alley.

Comment

Working...
                  X