Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE JACK THE RIPPER LOCATION PHOTOGRAPHS : Dutfield's Yard and the Whitby Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rob Clack View Post
    I've been dropping subliminal hints throughout my posts on casebook for years now. I'm waiting for Dan Brown to write 'The Casebook Code'

Rob
    Don't encourage them, Rob. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens. If they can see messages in the paintings of Sickert and Lautrec and anagrams in the Graffito, they can see signs anywhere.

Chris
    Christopher T. George
    Organizer, RipperCon #JacktheRipper-#True Crime Conference
    just held in Baltimore, April 7-8, 2018.
    For information about RipperCon, go to http://rippercon.com/
    RipperCon 2018 talks can now be heard at http://www.casebook.org/podcast/

Comment

• Artists, Writers & Dan Brown

Originally posted by ChrisGeorge View Post
      Don't encourage them, Rob. I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happens. If they can see messages in the paintings of Sickert and Lautrec and anagrams in the Graffito, they can see signs anywhere.

Chris

The Da Vinci Code is an anagram of Coat Hidden Vice

Angels and Demons = Damned Angel's Son

The Lost Symbol = Molest By Sloth

Deception Point - Poe Ponced In Tit

& finally one for the Impressionist Ripper School of Thought:

Digital Fortress = Flog Dire Artists

Now look what you've done.
      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• I bought this book a while ago, however other than flicking through the pictures, I haven't had time to read it. Until now.

I have to say, this is one of the best books I've read associated with JtR. Obviously the pictures (DY and the Whitby Collection) are fantastic, but the stories of finding and investigating the photo album are thoroughly engrossing.

I read this book in one sitting, and would whole-heartedly recommend it to any reader.

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
        [ATTACH]7187[/ATTACH]

Amberley Publishing, 2009, (ISBN 978-184868-784-4), 96 pages, RRP £12.99

My new book has just turned up via a courier - well over a month after it was due and missing the whole point for why it was written!

I'm very happy with the printing except for one thing - the whole book is in black & white greyscale. There's NO colour in it and the whole point was to have it done as a colour book, Amberley's self-selling point. I suspect they'll do nothing about it.

There are still some websites erroneously calling the book 'Jack the Ripper Murders from old photographs' which is nothing to do with me as, of course, the book has nothing to do with the actual murders.

PHILIP

Comment

• Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
          Deception Point - Poe Ponced In Tit
          Well, what goes around, comes around.

Comment

• I have to say, this is one of the best books I've read associated with JtR. Obviously the pictures (DY and the Whitby Collection) are fantastic, but the stories of finding and investigating the photo album are thoroughly engrossing.
            I quite agree DGB...(besides, us D's gotta stick together!)

Dave

Comment

• Ok...I'm a bit late to the discussion.

I've held out for years from buying this book, determined I was not going to shell out dosh for a 2-part photo taken 20 years after the murder.

I can't quite tell if I'm ashamed for giving in so soon or proud for having held out so long...but too late now my cash has departed.

The photo...I'm a bit underwhelmed and yes the way it's presented (esp on Kindle) has a lot to do with it...having read this entire thread last night I'm left thinking the whole protection of this item has been a bit like using a tank to protect a shoe-shine stand.

That being said...give me finds like this over dodgy diaries, shawls or DNA tests any day, this is an important photograph for our little community and hopefully we will all be able to see it in all it's full majesty some day.

I've not read the book yet but the comments on here and by the look of it, it will be a great read...a belated congratulations on your find Philip.
              My opinion is all I have to offer here,

Dave.

Smilies are canned laughter.

Comment

Working...
              X