The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Elamarna View Post
    I still remain unconvinced the killer wrote the GSG.

That does not mean I rule it out, just that I see no overwhelming evidence for it.
    That's pretty much my position, too, Steve.
    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
      Elamarna:

That is not so,the Nichols killer was in all probability disturbed, however recent assessments of her wounds suggest very strongly she was ready to have organs removed, even Christer and I agree on that.

I will make a rare remark here, Steve. We actually do not agree that the structure of the wounds tells us that she was made ready to have any organs removed. I can see where you are coming from, but I have a different view. What you and I agreed about, if I remember correctly, was that it seems feasible that the killer had a mindset to cut away the abdominal wall in flaps, just as was performed on Chapman, Kelly and Jackson.
      Of course, if the abdominal wall is removed, it will allow free access to the abdominal cavity, but as you may remember, I think that a cut from pubes to breastbone is quite enough to allow for such a thing too.
      Whether the killer had the intention to procure any of Nichols´organs or not is something I prefer to leave an open question. If the underlying ground of inspiration is what I think it is, then there was certainly no need to do so - the removal of the abdominal wall in panes would (in my scenario) not simply be a means to get to the organs but instead part of - and possibly all of - the intended damage to the abdomen.

As I said, I can see how you reached the conclusion that we agree, but you reached it on flawed grounds, which is why I feel I need to point that out. It may well be that the killers sole intention was to cut the abdominal wall away from Nichols.

Carry on.
      Steve would appear to not know how to recognise flaws with regards to evidence in these murders. Now if you had mentioned the word sources he would have been as happy as Larry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post
        Steve would appear to not know how to recognise flaws with regards to evidence in these murders. Now if you had mentioned the word sources he would have been as happy as Larry.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
        I have no problem with anything Christer put in that post, I may not agree with his view but I realise he truly believes Lechmere was the killer.

Steve

Comment

I have no problem with anything Christer put in that post, I may not agree with his view but I realise he truly believes Lechmere was the killer.

Steve
          Steve
          I think you have proved many times on here that you dont agree with what anyone says, but I accept that you are fully entitled to your personal opinions, even if they are without foundation

Comment

Steve
            I think you have proved many times on here that you dont agree with what anyone says, but I accept that you are fully entitled to your personal opinions, even if they are without foundation

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
            Looking in the mirror are we Trevor?

I agree with most. Those I have disagreeded with on a regular basis are :

Pierre because he gives no details, but I am now prepared to wait.

Christer on the issue of Lechmere and the torso"s,but not on other issues

And you because you offer no evidence or even the promise of such unlike Pierre.

My views are normally backed by the sources, and thus have foundation, unlike those which appear from out of the ether so to speak.

For someone who said I will make no further comments what is this?

The response really are so very weak and amount to no more than insulting those who disagree with you. Carry on I can do this all day.

Steve

Comment

Ok , no issue with that and thank you Christer for the clarification, i was not meaning to misrepresent you.
              It seems that he could have taken organs if not disturbed if he wanted. Would you accept that?
              We both think he was disturbed I hope, be he Lechmere or a n other.
              If not disturbed it is anyone's guess what would have occurred.

Thank you again.

Steve
              Yes, if he had wanted to take organs, and if he was not disturbed, he could undoubtedly have done so.

And yes, we both think he was disturbed.

It seems you believe - as most people probably do - that he WOULD have taken organs if he had not been disturbed. That is where we differ. I think that his agenda was one where many different elements could be equally significant to him, meaning that I do not think that organ procuring was his ultimate goal, what he always strived for. Keep in mind that he did not carry away any of the many organs, some of them quite small and easily hidden, that he took out of from Kellys body, with the possible exception of the heart. It resembles robbing a bank and leaving the money behind. And if a bankrobber consistently does such a thing, then the reason must be that he did not come to take the money away from the bank, only to rob it.

It is a logic that will certainly be unappealing to most of us, but it is nevertheless the only deduction possible.

This is my personal take on things. I cannot prove it. I therefore agree that it is anybodys guess what would have happened if the killer was not disturbed in Bucks Row.
              Last edited by Fisherman; 09-26-2017, 06:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                Yes, if he had wanted to take organs, and if he was not disturbed, he could undoubtedly have done so.

And yes, we both think he was disturbed.

It seems you believe - as most people probably do - that he WOULD have taken organs if he had not been disturbed. That is where we differ. I think that his agenda was one where many different elements could be equally significant to him, meaning that I do not think that organ procuring was his ultimate goal, what he always strived for. Keep in mind that he did not carry away any of the many organs, some of them quite small and easily hidden, that he took out of from Kellys body, with the possible exception of the heart. It resembles robbing a bank and leaving the money behind. And if a bankrobber consistently does such a thing, then the reason must be that he did not come to take the money away from the bank, only to rob it.

It is a logic that will certainly be unappealing to most of us, but it is nevertheless the only deduction possible.

This is my personal take on things. I cannot prove it. I therefore agree that it is anybodys guess what would have happened if the killer was not disturbed in Bucks Row.
                Neither am I convinced that taking organs was his prime objective.

Steve

Comment

Neither am I convinced that taking organs was his prime objective.

Steve
                  I've spun off a new thread on this on the Nichols board.
                  Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Looking in the mirror are we Trevor?

I agree with most. Those I have disagreeded with on a regular basis are :

Pierre because he gives no details, but I am now prepared to wait.

Christer on the issue of Lechmere and the torso"s,but not on other issues

And you because you offer no evidence or even the promise of such unlike Pierre.

My views are normally backed by the sources, and thus have foundation, unlike those which appear from out of the ether so to speak.

For someone who said I will make no further comments what is this?

The response really are so very weak and amount to no more than insulting those who disagree with you. Carry on I can do this all day.

Steve
                    Yes I am sure you can do it all day, it seems you have naff all else to do other than sit with your finger on the casebook forum button. You need to get out more ! Sitting in front of the screen for too long is obviously clouding your ability to apply sensible reasoning to posts, and you have clearly become addicted to sources, perhaps you should try Heinz they have a wide variety

Comment

Yes I am sure you can do it all day, it seems you have naff all else to do other than sit with your finger on the casebook forum button. You need to get out more ! Sitting in front of the screen for too long is obviously clouding your ability to apply sensible reasoning to posts, and you have clearly become addicted to sources, perhaps you should try Heinz they have a wide variety

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Once again, just insults.

How truly astonishingly predictable.

Steve

Comment

Once again, just insults.

How truly astonishingly predictable.

Steve
                        You dont even have a sense of humour

But all joking aside, I accept you have your own views on the various parts of this mystery we have discussed, and you are fully entitled to scrutinise what is posted on here, the same as I am entitled to scrutinise what you seek to rely on as far as the old accepted theories. We have clearly reached an impasse.

You have your future agenda mapped out, as have I, perhaps we should both wait until we have concluded the tasks we have set ourselves and then discuss the issues in dispute again in more detail.

Comment

You dont even have a sense of humour

But all joking aside, I accept you have your own views on the various parts of this mystery we have discussed, and you are fully entitled to scrutinise what is posted on here, the same as I am entitled to scrutinise what you seek to rely on as far as the old accepted theories. We have clearly reached an impasse.

You have your future agenda mapped out, as have I, perhaps we should both wait until we have concluded the tasks we have set ourselves and then discuss the issues in dispute again in more detail.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                          Trevor
                          Humour often fails with the written word, however I have no issue with waiting til a later date.

I am hoping to complete Bucks Row in the next couple of months. Mitre square will be next year but I am considering doing the witness statements (sources) first this time.

Steve

Comment

Trevor
                            Humour often fails with the written word, however I have no issue with waiting til a later date.

I am hoping to complete Bucks Row in the next couple of months. Mitre square will be next year but I am considering doing the witness statements (sources) first this time.

Steve
                            Well I have a feeling with what i know already, we are going to be in conflict again ! but the truth is out there to be found. you just have to look in the right places

Comment

Well I have a feeling with what i know already, we are going to be in conflict again ! but the truth is out there to be found. you just have to look in the right places

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
                              Until you change your approach nothing is more certain

STEVE

Comment

Until you change your approach nothing is more certain

STEVE
                                You know that isn't going to happen, why fix something that isn't broken? You can strengthen it and make it stronger though

Comment

Working...
                                X