• Show
Clear All

• Who was Kaspar Hauser?!

Hello you all!

The most simple start of a thread so far;

Who do you think, was Kaspar Hauser?!

All the best
    Jukka
    "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

He was a 19th century, unformed male who could say one sentence. I think his father must have been a cavalryman, and his mother nobility. What's even more important is the play Peter Handke wrote, Kaspar, based a little bit on Kaspar Hauser, but really concerned with how we become what we are.

Cheers,

Mike
    huh?

Comment

Erm, he was a complete con merchant who set out to get what shelter and comfort he could from folk who became convinced he was (from my faulty memory here) of the House of Baden. He wasn't.
      best,

claire

Comment

So I read his story and it seems he was nothing more then pathological liar and not a great one at that a con-man if you will, seems he was just smart enough or got just lucky enough to get sympathy form the just the people he needed and when they knew his character and behavior he moved on to another person who was interested in his story or felt sorry for him.
        Sometimes all you learn in defeat is that you have been defeated - Anonymous

Comment

Do you think that he was a suicide, an accidental self-killer, or was murdered?

Jeff

Comment

He was murdered. I'm not convinced that he was a con man. He didn't live so great as a ward of the state. He only had bread and water for a long time because his body couldn't handle anything else, according to reports. If I were a con man, I would certainly have wanted better accomodations.

Mike
            huh?

Comment

Hello you all!

According to some studies, in a German castle there would have been something he had described about his past.

The trouble being, like always; the evidence couldn't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt...

All the best
              Jukka
              "When I know all about everything, I am old. And it's a very, very long way to go!"

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                He was murdered. I'm not convinced that he was a con man. He didn't live so great as a ward of the state. He only had bread and water for a long time because his body couldn't handle anything else, according to reports. If I were a con man, I would certainly have wanted better accomodations.

Mike
                I bet living like that was better then starving in the streets as a hobo or living a life full of backbreaking labor. Also I have the feeling that he wanted more then food/shelter from these people - I think he desperately wanted peoples approval and attention like most pathological liars he was missing something in his character and was trying to get it from others around him.
                Sometimes all you learn in defeat is that you have been defeated - Anonymous

Comment

Working...
                X