Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Joe Barnett´s alibi accepted lightly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
    Hello Pierre.
    The source is The Penny Illustrated Paper, 17th Nov. 1888.

I went to the court, and there saw the police inspector, and told him who I was, and where I had been the previous night. They kept me about four hours, examined my clothes for bloodstains, and finally, finding the account of myself to be correct, let me go free. Marie never went on the streets when she lived with me.

Thankyou Colin, I had missed Pierre's question.
    Thanks, Wickerman.

I tried to find the original article in the BNA but Penny Illustrated from 17th November is not available. But now I know the reference.

Cheers, Pierre

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
      Thank you Colin, I had missed Pierre's question.
      You're welcome.
      I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

• I think that the evidence in this case suggests that the murderer, if not the man seen entering the room with Mary at 11:45 Thursday night, came to the room and was let in by Mary. There is no evidence of any forced entry, and we do have a cry out at around 3:45 by someone in that courtyard who never came forward to claim that call. Mary Kelly is the only courtyard occupant who couldn't do so. Plus we have noise corresponding with that time that stirred the cat upstairs, enabling Elizabeth to hear the call in the first place, that could easily have been a soft knock or tap on the window or door.

We also know Mary was seeing another Joe while Barnett lived there, while he gave her money, how might he react if he discovered that the woman he was "being kind to" was double timing him? If he knew already, why wouldn't he bring that up when another witness mentions Marys confidence shared at the Inquest?
        Michael Richards

Comment

• When I first glanced at this subject line, I thought it said Jon Benét...not Joe Barnett.

I was like, "?!?!?!"

Comment

• Might be closer to the facts of the case than most realize.
            My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• With just a bit of soot (available to all) little Jon Benét Ramsey would blend in perfectly as a Victorian child of the streets. No one would suspect her.

She could have used the same time travel machine Malcolm McDowell did in TIME AFTER TIME.

It could well be THAT'S why she was killed in 1996? She simply knew to much.

I feel a book coming on....
              Last edited by Merry_Olde_Mary; 06-22-2017, 10:15 AM. Reason: Too much caffeine!

Comment

Working...
              X