Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do Maybrick believers believe about Jim as Jack?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do Maybrick believers believe about Jim as Jack?

With several Maybrick believers here, it might be interesting to see what they believe regarding Jim as Jack, with or without the Diary.

Did he leave the GSG and why did he leave it?

Did he leave Masonic references?

Did he know Mary Kelly?

Similarly, is he the mysterious "Mr. Lawrence"?

Is he Mr. Astrakhan?

Are we okay with the motive as stated in the Diary?

Or anything else you consider a possible Maybrick fundamental...

Non-believers can join in to explain what incredible probability or illogical certainty a Maybrickian has to believe and why he or she has to believe in it.

G'Day MayBea

Maybe add:

Did he write any letters?
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

There are still people who think the Diary was legit? For real?

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Maybrick believers must accept the following:

1. The C5. Stride, Kelly, Eddowes must be Ripper victims.
        2. An interruption by Dimshits (damn horse)
        3. The murderer returning to the scene of the Chapman killing to perform more mutilations
        4. The killer viewing Abberline as the primary police officer working the case
        5. The GSG being left by the killer for the purpose of being confusing and wrecking havoc...the diary claims that Maybrick wanted to leave graffiti at the Chapman scene but forgot it, so he went back and mutilated Chapman instead

#4 I view as very anachronistic...I think the view that Jack and Abberline had a Holmes/Moriarty relationship is very modern, and a Victorian would have seen Lusk, Sir Charles Warren, and others as being nemeses of the Ripper.

#3 is not found anywhere outside the Maybrick literature and is the only thing in the entire diary that could not be pulled together from how the murders were seen in the 80's and early 90's

#2 is not supported by modern consensus

Comment

G'Day Damaso

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post
          Maybrick believers must accept the following:

Doesn't mean it didn't happen though.
          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
            G'Day Damaso ...
            Doesn't mean it didn't happen though.
            The same goes for number 3. It doesn't mean it didn't happen.

As for number 4, I'm of the opinion that Abberline might have been chosen over Lusk or Warren for his more poetic name.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
              There are still people who think the Diary was legit? For real?...
              There are at least two active users I've noticed since I started here. So yes, Tom, there are still some who believe the Diary to be genuine.

Comment

G'Day MayBea

There are at least two active users I've noticed since I started here.
                Doesn't mean they're both believers but.
                G U T

Comment

Originally posted by MayBea View Post
                  There are at least two active users I've noticed since I started here. So yes, Tom, there are still some who believe the Diary to be genuine.
                  Well, there's fewer of them than there are those who still believe the world is square, so I suppose it takes all kinds.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Originally posted by Damaso Marte View Post

To be fair, the primary source - 'Dimshits' no less - had the feeling that the murderer may still have been hiding in the yard when he and his pony entered.

But maybe he was the first Maybrickian and biased as hell.

Or the diary author picked up on this nugget and milked it, modern consensus be damned.

Love,

Caz
                    X
                    Last edited by caz; 01-23-2014, 08:30 AM.
                    "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
                      Doesn't mean they're both believers but.
                      I didn't mean you, GUT.

I'm not one who believes that, if someone objectively discourses on a suspect or issue, he must therefore believe in the suspect or issue.

Cream is a good example of a good subject worth objective discourse because he is a real serial killer of the time. I'd wouldn't mind discussing him just for that reason alone but I'm sure to be greeted with a litany of Joliet, Joliet!

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                        To be fair, the primary source - 'Dimshits' no less - had the feeling that the murderer may still have been hiding in the yard when he and his pony entered.
                        Here is the scenario as laid out by Ian Porter in his 2009 book, Whitechapel.
                        http://books.google.ca/books?id=NamK...ybrick&f=false
                        Last edited by MayBea; 01-23-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

"...the bastard almost caught me..."

We've been led to believe that the Diarist means that Abberline almost caught Jack. Is the Inspector really the "bastard"?

Do we have to believe it was Abberline or can we believe it might be the related to the incident with the 'lascar', written about in Ripper Notes, Jack the Slasher, who saw the Ripper in action?
                          http://www.amazon.de/Ripper-Notes-Sl.../dp/0978911210

Ian Porter has described the Diary scene as involving a lascar who might even "be working for Abberline".

http://books.google.ca/books?id=NamK...ybrick&f=false

Comment

Members here are keen on Blotchy-Face Man. Is James Blotchy?

James looks good for Blotchy. He's certainly the only suspect I know who has a condition with blotchiness as a side-effect.

Arsenicosis is recognizable from skin color changes, blotches all over the face and body...

http://www.who.int/features/archives/feature206/en/

Comment

Hi MayBea,

Interestingly, one of the sources said by modern hoax theorists to be reflected in the diary text - Bernard Ryan's The Poisoned Life of Mrs Maybrick - mentions on page 29 that in November 1888 James was complaining to his new Liverpool doctor of 'ceaseless headaches over a period of three months, of a numbness of the left leg and hand after smoking heavily or taking too much wine, and of various skin eruptions...'

One wonders why modern hoaxers failed to milk this heaven sent information for all it was worth, unless they knew nothing of Blotchy, or otherwise felt such symptoms might hinder rather than help their cause.

Love,

Caz
                              X

PS What's all this bollocks about the shawl?
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Working...
                              X