URGENT- Don Souden Has Had A Stroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Belinda.

Don's favorite color is Columbia Blue, the color of Columbia University in NY, his alma mater.

You can Google it. He also likes red.

Thanks, Bunny

Comment

• Need Help Posting A Video of Don

Hi everyone.

Don's sister sent me a short video of Don at Physical Therapy doing something really great that I wanted to share with you.

I've tried to post it, and so has Hunter, but we can't seem to do it.

It's an MOV file. I think it's 2.1 Mb.

Can anyone explain a simple way to post it?

Thanks very much,
      Archaic

Comment

• Did Don like the shirt?

Comment

• Update On Don

Hi Robert, how are you?

I'll ask Don the next time I get to talk to him. I pm'd Belinda but haven't hear back, hope she's OK.

I did hear some good news about Don. He is getting Physical Therapy because they said he had shown some improvement. Don has walked a little with the aid of a walker (zimmer frame), which is incredibly good news.

Don had a bit of a mishap a few days ago when getting moved from wheelchair to bed. The aide pulled the wheelchair away before Don was ready, and he fall against the bed. I think he must have hit the metal frame (it's a hospital type bed), because they x-rayed him to be sure nothing was broken. Thankfully nothing is broken, he's just a bit bruised.

Don said it's "a little bit of a setback", but he's determined to keep working at walking, and really wants to "get in shape" so he can travel.

Don's also said he would like to write for Ripperologist again. Those are both very good signs.

I'll post again when I know more.
          Take care,
          Bunny
          Last edited by Archaic; 11-28-2014, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Thanks Bunny. Glad he's making progress. And it will put an end to the Davros jokes.

Comment

• Hi everyone,

Today we received the Christmas card we posted to Don - 'Return to Sender. Attempted - Not Known. Unable to Forward'. We sent it to his brother's address to make sure that Don received it. The card is stamped 'Göteborg 2014-12-10' and I am certain the postage is correct. This is the address we sent it to:

Anyone else had this problem?

Carol
              Last edited by Admin; 01-02-2015, 04:51 PM. Reason: address deleted

Comment

• Hi Carol.
                I just reread your post and if that is the address you wrote to you left part of it out.
                I just messages Admin & asked him to remove it, as it is a private address & shouldn't be posted on Casebook
                I'll email you & explain in more detail.

Hoping to get an update on Don soon.
                Take care,
                Bunny

Comment

• My goodness, I hope all is well with your friend!
                  I don't know him, but it's clear from this thread that he has many people who love and care a great deal for him! Archaic, you're aces!
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

• I talked to Don on Thanksgiving and he sounded good. He's come a long way.
                    Best Wishes,
                    Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

• Links To Magazines Don Has Authored & Edited

Thanks Pat.

Don is really a wonderful guy and has a mind like a steel trap - he's a walking encyclopedia!

I'm sure if you've studied Ripperology & Late Victorian Studies you've read some Don's work. He's been an editor and author for many years:

- 'Ripperologist' Magazine (now free online);

- 'Casebook Examiner', issues available here: http://www.casebook.org/examiner/

- 'New Independent Review', his own zine, some issues available here: http://forum.casebook.org/showthread...pendent+Review

Best regards,
                      Archaic

Comment

• Idea!!!!

Hey guys, I have an idea!

Why don't we see if we can get all the issues of 'The New Independent Review' that Don published before his illness - including the ones that were by subscription - and post them permanently on Casebook for all to read?

I think it's a great way to honor Don's legacy, and I know he'd really love it if we did that. His life's work has been to educate and inform.

I'll try to get in touch with Supe and ask his permission. I think it will make him very happy.

Oh gosh, why didn't I think of this before?? I can't believe it.

(Also, why didn't I feed my horses their dinner yet? They will whinny and harrumph at me indignantly when I go out there now...they don't believe me when I try to explain that I was working late. Oh, well. I gotta face the music.)

Good night everyone.
                        Bunny

Comment

• What a great idea!
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hunter View Post
                            I talked to Don on Thanksgiving and he sounded good. He's come a long way.
                            Thanks Hunter I was wondering how he was going.
                            G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archaic View Post
                              Hi Carol.
                              I just reread your post and if that is the address you wrote to you left part of it out.
                              I just messages Admin & asked him to remove it, as it is a private address & shouldn't be posted on Casebook
                              I'll email you & explain in more detail.

Hoping to get an update on Don soon.
                              Take care,
                              Bunny
                              Hi Bunny,

Actually, I'm very upset as the address I wrote on the envelope was the address I was given. So 'someone' made some typing errors.

Robert wrote privately to me shortly after I wrote the post and gave me the correct address and recommended me to contact Admin to get the address removed. I duly sent Admin a post straight away.

One of the reasons I'm very upset is because I sent him a letter with some photographs and a birthday card as well as the Christmas card and he probably didn't receive any of them.

I really am VERY UPSET.

Carol

Comment

• Hi Carol.

I'm sorry you're upset. I tried to explain this to you last Spring. Don has two addresses; the main one is the address of 'Fairview of Fairfield' which is posted many times throughout this thread.

The family address is meant for parcels & packages, to make sure the package doesn't "go missing" at the nursing home. It's a large facility and that is just the sad reality.

For example, when Robert kindly sent Don Scotch shortbread or I sent him chocolate chip cookies we used the family address because it was a package. Cards & postcards can go to the 'Fairview of Fairfield' address with no problem.

Don did get your photographs of your trip to Tombstone Arizona; he told me about them. He has told me he's received cards from you and I've passed on his thanks.

I'm sorry I don't recall exactly which cards he got from you now. I have a lot of other things going on in my life. I'm doing my best to be the link between Don and everybody on Casebook. It's a lot of work! I don't think you have any idea how much time, effort and energy it has taken over the past 17 months.

I not only field all the messages on this thread, but also all the messages I get via PMs & email, and the calls and texts from Don's family. There are so many messages I have to talk notes to make sure I pass them along accurately. I also take notes on what Don says so i can post it right away. I'm not complaining, I do it for Don's sake, but of course I'm not perfect. Who is? If I miss-typed an address I'm sorry.

I know you find it a big hassle, but your Christmas card did get returned safely to you, so you have the option of resending it to Don. He will be just as happy to receive a belated Christmas card. He knows it's the thought that counts.

I need to take a break from posting. One my oldest and closest friends passed away from cancer this morning and I'm just not up to it.

Best regards,
                                Archaic

Comment

Working...
                                X