No announcement yet.

Most intriguing unsolved non-JtR serial killer cases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were to guess I’d say because the cases were too similar. If you look at the 3 victims that are considered to be by Fowler they look so much alike they could be the same girl. Yes there are at least two serial killers.

Clifford Olson the serial child killer is also considered to have killed Verna Bjerky in 1981 near Hope (She is not on the list of HOT). While incarcerated he claimed to have knowledge of Verna Bjerky's murder and 11 other children but would only give details if he gained something in return.

http://www.vancouversun.com/Photos+H...572/story.html
    Last edited by Sis; 03-17-2014, 02:54 AM. Reason: adding link

Comment

• G'day Sis

Our posts crossed as I said multiples actually seem likely.
      G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUT View Post
        Do you know why they chose those parameters when narrowing down the potential list?

If they think Fowler did some and not others, that would mean there were multiple killers operating in the area.
        This highway route is a link to the Yukon and Alaska highways. The stretch of highway around Prince George to Prince Rupert is where most of the victims have either disappeared from or their remains were found. I’ve traveled that highway, also once went on a gravel logging road to pick up someone from wilderness survival camp.
        That stretch of highway:
        - has very remote wilderness or forests on both sides of the road.
        - has many logging and hunting roads running that go deep into the forests where bodies can be dumped and never found or screams would never be heard.
        - has a lot of small towns or communities in the area where if you don’t have a car the only other method transportation is hitch hiking.

I believe there is a possibility of a serial killer who either lived or frequented the area surrounding Prince George between 1969 and 2006. Also another serial killer considering there are so many other missing and murdered persons (including males and a family) from this area who are not on the highway of tears list.
        In 2010 a 20 yr old Cody Legebokoff was accused and is waiting trial for killing four women from Prince George area between Oct. 2009 to Nov. 2010 who weren't on the list. He is not a suspect for the highway of tears murders (1969 to 2006) because he is too young plus it appears he met at least one of his victims online.
        My calculations are two suspects accused of multiple murders Legebokoff and Fowler plus at least two more possibilities of serial killers in the area over the last 4 decades.

Comment

• Was any of this route ever a part of the ALCAN Highway?
          This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It's hard to tell exactly from the maps.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Originally posted by sdreid View Post
              However, I do believe it was called the "Ted Case" by some after he gave his actual Christian name to one of the women he tried to "befriend" at Lake Sammamish.
              Rule #1 from the Serial Killer handbook, 'Don't use real name'.

You know, back before Ted Bundy was caught my sister had a possible date with him.

Never really sure.

She lived with my mother and was introduced to a young man who was so delightful, as reported by an elderly couple whom my sister met at their garage sale here in Phoenix.

They gave my sister his number, they had a long phone call and he asked her for a date.

I came by when my sister was going out, it was early as I remember because the sun was still out. I answered the door to the man and he asked for my sister, said he'd wait outside. I went to get her, she left and got in his gold colored Volkswagen bug. Few min later my sister comes in, slams the front door and I said 'what happened'. She, being all dressed up in a dress and stockings and all, got angry because when he opened the front door for her there was no seat. She said she didn't want to sit on the floor, he said he'd put some newspapers down for her to sit on so as not to get dirty. She told him forget it. Stormed in.

So, remembering dimly what he looked like I saw him on the news when they started searching for him. I kept asking her to come and see him when he was featured, she came into the living room saying, 'oh, for heavens sakes, will you stop it. I was not out with Ted Bun...and she stopped on a dime on that word when she saw his photo on the news.

A min later she said under her breath 'he looks like him!'

But of course, he was never supposed to have been in Phoenix.

Btw; my sister had long brown hair, parted in the middle.
              Last edited by Beowulf; 05-13-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• That sounds like that could have been a close call Beowulf.

Stan Reid

Comment

Was any of this route ever a part of the ALCAN Highway?

They called it a highway but it was actually still a gravel road when I was kid.

Stan Reid

Comment

• Gravel was considered a type of paving back then but I never considered anything that flies up when you drive over it as pavement.

Stan Reid

Comment

• It's a sort of perishable pavement I suppose.

Stan Reid

Comment

9-Bible John (1968-69) Scotland
                        I wonder if he only killed menstruating women because he didn't want to risk killing a woman who was pregnant.

Stan Reid

Comment

I wonder if he only killed menstruating women because he didn't want to risk killing a woman who was pregnant.
                          That's one of three possibilities are far are I can determine.

Stan Reid

Comment

• The others are that it was a coincidence, which is very unlikely, or that he took out many women and only killed the ones he found to be menstruating, unrelated to any pregnancy issue.

Stan Reid

Comment

• I happened upon the Kingfish Boat Ramp Murders t'other day. Another fascinating yet obscure case:

The Kingfish Boat Ramp Murders occurred in the City of Holmes Beach, Florida. On August 1, 1980, forty-seven-year-old Dr. Juan Dumois, Eric Dumois, 13, Mark Dumois, 9, and Dumois’s brother-in-law, Raymond Barrows, returned from a fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico and loaded their boat at the Kingfish Boat Ramp. As they began to drive away, a white male approached them and stated that he had hurt his ankle and needed a ride. Dr. Dumois agreed, and the stranger placed a bicycle he’d been riding in the boat. He climbed into the back seat and asked to be taken to a nearby apartment. About a minute later, gunshots rang out.

Dr. Dumois, Eric, Mark, and Raymond were shot in the head with a .22-caliber revolver. Raymond survived, but the others died. According to a police report, after the shooting, “the vehicle then jackknifed on the north shoulder of Manatee Avenue just west of the boat ramp. The subject then got out of the vehicle and rode westbound on Manatee Avenue on his bicycle. [Robert] Matzke, working in his yard at a nearby condominium, observed what had taken place and pursued the subject to the parking lot of a nearby grocery store. Matzke and the subject exchanged words, and [Matzke] was shot in the head by the subject. Witnesses then observed the subject load his bicycle in a tan colored vehicle at the grocery store and leave eastbound on Manatee Avenue.” Robert Matzke died of his wounds. The motive has never been determined, and the assassin never caught.
                              Apparently there was a witness who hastily took snaps of the suspect but they came out too blurry to be of any use. I've tried to look online for the snaps but most of the links are dead. At any rate, this sounds very much like a hit and not some random killing. Interestingly, the brother-in-law Raymond Barrows was the first man shot. However, all the focus tends to surround Dr. Dumois and his two boys. It wouldn't surprise me any if Barrows had been the original target and the other victims were merely collateral.

Comment

• Yes, I just recently heard about it as well.

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                                X