X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sad news indeed.
    - Ginger

Comment

Chris Scott left a legacy of research in this field that is matched by few and surpassed by none.
      Best Wishes,
      Hunter

When evidence is not to be had, theories abound. Even the most plausible of them do not carry conviction- London Times Nov. 10.1888

Comment

What awful news; sincere condolences to his family and friends...I never (worst luck) met Chris but we'd exchanged occasional pms and mails...such a nice approachable and knowledgeable guy...

Saddened

Dave

Comment

Great guy. When I trawl on Casebook, I know he's still here and I don't feel so bad.

Mike
          huh?

Comment

I read his book, Will the Real Mary Kelly…?, I did not get to read Jack the Ripper – A Cast of Thousands and The Ripper in Ramsgate.

I'm very sorry to see such a truly great Ripperologist pass away, his sort of work is priceless.

My condolences to his friends and family.

Comment

Without Chris Scott, the light of Ripperology will shine a little more dimly.

I never had the privilege of meeting him, but the shining clarity and honesty of his research - his kind generosity in sharing it with all of us here, showed the kind of man he was.

It's a terrible loss for us, but heaven has gained another star.

I hope Jack was waiting for him wearing a name tag!

Comment

Originally posted by Countess Mitzi View Post
                It's a terrible loss for us, but heaven has gained another star.

I hope Jack was waiting for him wearing a name tag!
                Jack is most definitely in the "Other Place", Mitzi
                Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Comment

By now Chris will have spoken to all the victims, witnesses and police officers. And if that doesn't do it, he will be the first to have access to the celestial census....

Comment

Like everyone else, I loved his research and the fact that he shared it so wonderfully. My condolences and wish for comfort and strength are sent to his family and loved ones.

Comment

From AP :

I absolutely loved the man for his rapid and avid attention for detail and correctness, and I loved him for his vim whenever I challenged his findings, because he knew he was right, and I was wrong, but that is love, in honest combat you build love, never hate or prejudice. Chris is, and was, the ultimate gentleman, and always will be. A man, and a very good man, he has my love and affection for being the incredible chap he was, always.

Comment

Just want to add I do recommend reading his book on Mary Kelly. I was very surprised at how little info there is on that girl. We have no idea who she was.

Chris did an enormous amount of research into a lot of different avenues to figure out if she was this Mary Kelly or that Mary Kelly or what, nothing panned out. I was tremendously impressed with his research. No one else was going in that direction that I'm aware of.

Saying as much, I suppose I should get his other books out...

Rest in peace Chris. I do hope he is now 'in the know' about the Ripper and Mary Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                            Great guy. When I trawl on Casebook, I know he's still here and I don't feel so bad.

Mike
                            Well said. I knew him only from his posts/research/Ripper Podcasts. These will live on and influence/inspire many new researchers in the field.

While I certainly didn't know him personally, there were plenty of times when I was drunk at 2 am and listening to Ripper podcasts and being entertained and intellectually stimulated by Chris and others that I forgot about my problems, brightened my mood, and lost/found myself that I just want to say thank you to a person whom I've never met. You will be missed.

Comment

I just read the sad news.

I'm sorry I never met Chris, but I thoroughly admired his research and common sense observations over the many years of reading his posts here.

My thoughts are with his nearest and dearest.

Love,

Caz
                              X
                              "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

My first thoughts are of the ultimate historical researcher. a kind and well meaning man and a quiet, unassuming friend. A man who has never to my knowledge had a bad word said about him. His research is legendary, on a par with his unfailing generosity and helpfulness to others in their research. Those who knew him, on any level, will rightly mourn his passing, My thoughts go to his family and his closest friends at this very sad time.

Phil
                                Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                                Accountability? ....

Comment

Working...
                                X