Scenarios for other murders with Lechmere as culprit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Robert View Post
    Lech killed on an industrial scale and under a variety of names. It is only now that victims are coming forward to say they were murdered. How did he get away with it for so long??
    Ah, but it wasn't hidden - he actually confessed all in his 1898 autobiography 'As it Happened'

Said Crossmere ' I remember this one time, a policeman came over on my way to work and said to to me 'Cross Old Son, I've got this Lady of the Night wants looking after while I go and do some knocking up - I know I can trust you to take good care of her - fancy the job?'

And I said 'Sure, Jonas, but I'm afraid I'll have to slice her up a bit before I give her back to you - sort of my payment for doing the job''

He gave me a funny look, but went on his way.

Well, it all worked out exactly as planned, and I gave the lady back to the P.C. after the job was done. I didn't get into trouble for it, although they all knew it was me, because it was common knowledge back then that if I went, so did half the station.

My dad was a cop, you know'

I think we're looking at a massive cover up here.

Comment

Apparently, Mizen could tell that Cross and Paul were carmen. Does that mean they wore their work clothes ?

Comment

Monty:

"I never said the point has been made that is must have been so either, Im merely pointing the point out."

Fine by me - and pretty obvious.

"Im afraid you will have to match up and cite the locations, dates of the murders and Cross’s whereabouts before this thread really can take off with any significance."

True, Monty. And we all know that Lechmere left no calling card at sites 1 and 3-6, respectively, which is why I would not have started a thread like this in the first place. Tying him to the Nichols murder as well as we can, that will have implications for the other murders too, by means of the built-in likeness, but that is as far as we can go at this remove.

"the locations you cite yourself are so tightly packed, and transverse an East/West line that anyone working in the City and lived in the East end would most likely pass along the same locations."

... but not at the same time! The glimpse we get of Buck´s Row at 3.45ish speaks of a deserted street with very few people on it.

"The evidence at the scene leans against Stride being murdered by the same killer as Tabram, Nichols, Eddowes and Kelly. The same can be same for the Pinchin Street torso, which is unique in itself. These two are the least likely."

Agreed - these two slayings are the ones that stand out as possibly NOT being Ripper-related.

"In reply to your reply to Scott, Cross is a dubious suspect for many reasons."

He IS dubious, yes!

"You ask for great leaps in imagination when it comes to human behaviour and reason."

No, Monty, I don´t agree. When I spoke to Glenn Andersson on the phone some weeks ago his immediate reaction was that staying put an bluffing it out would be the perhaps most credible scenario, for example. You have your picture, but you must accept that others don´t agree. What Lechmere did calls for a special personality, yes - but we have a name for it: psychopathic behavior.

"And present assumption as fact (Change of name, presentation to the Police etc)."

The name WAS changed, and that IS a fact. And it IS odd, in the respect that he did not use the name otherwise as far as we can tell.

Mizen DID say that Lechmere spoke of another PC, that too is a fact.

That is quite, quite enough to draw suspicion upon Lechmere - AND it is possibly innocent just as well.

"The circumstantial is there, however we have many suspect theories built on such, and that is no criticism, just a fact, it’s the way it is in suspect Ripperology for obvious reasons."

With respect, we have no other man who ticks the geographical boxes like Lechmere does, we have the fewest men only who were found by dead victims all alone, we have very few if any people who were pointed out by the police as having told them a lie (the fake PC) etcetera. Lechmere is unique in this respect, and I think you must agree that no other circumstantial case can be built against any man with as many POTENTIALLY damning factors built in.

After that, you may place as much credit as you wish in my belief in the man as the killer - I don´t force anybody to agree with me about that. It is my personal choice and I stand by it as long as nothing surfaces to nullify it. Which it may do, of course. But so far, what I have seen has instead added to his potential culpability.

All the best,
        Fisherman

Comment

Hi David

Originally posted by DVV View Post
          Apparently, Mizen could tell that Cross and Paul were carmen. Does that mean they wore their work clothes ?
          They must have been wearing sack aprons, as Cross did to the inquest.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            Mizen DID say that Lechmere spoke of another PC, that too is a fact.
            Fisherman
            Yes Fish, it's a fact that Mizen did say that.
            But Lechmere and Paul (Lloyds, inquest) did say otherwise. That's another fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post
              Hi David
              They must have been wearing sack aprons, as Cross did to the inquest.
              Hi Jon, Fish
              Then Lechmere would have worn his work clothes to perform his (bloody) killings ? And appeared at the inquest with the same apron ?
              He was more than saucy.
              No witness that I'm aware of has ever seen a suspicious carman, unless I've missed something.

Comment

Hi David
                Originally posted by DVV View Post
                No witness that I'm aware of has ever seen a suspicious carman, unless I've missed something.
                Off the top of my head, didn`t one of the Millers Court residents state that all they saw in Dorset St early that morning was some carmen harnessing some horses. I think it was Ms. Cox.

Comment

Hello Jon,

Please forgive me if I recall off the top of my head incorrectly...but wasn't there an alledged sighting of various men (?cart as well) in connection with the body part found in the rubble under the/of (to be built) Scotland Yard building? Just a thought.

best wishes

Phil
                  Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
                  Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi David
                    Off the top of my head, didn`t one of the Millers Court residents state that all they saw in Dorset St early that morning was some carmen harnessing some horses. I think it was Ms. Cox.
                    Yes Jon, true. But they're not suspicious (unless Cross was the chief of a gang of carmen ).

Comment

David:

"Yes Fish, it's a fact that Mizen did say that.
                      But Lechmere and Paul (Lloyds, inquest) did say otherwise. That's another fact."

And what does that tell you? That they were all equally correct?

The best,
                      Fisherman

Comment

David:

"Yes Jon, true. But they're not suspicious"

How convenient!

The best,
                        Fisherman

Comment

Sorry, Fish.
                          I didn't know these carmen played a role in your demonstration, nor that Cross used to left home riding his horse.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                            David:
                            And what does that tell you? That they were all equally correct?
                            The best,
                            Fisherman
                            Certainly not, Fish.
                            But what does it tell you ? Who do you choose to trust ?

Comment

Hi Phil
                              Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
                              Please forgive me if I recall off the top of my head incorrectly...but wasn't there an alledged sighting of various men (?cart as well) in connection with the body part found in the rubble under the/of (to be built) Scotland Yard building? Just a thought.
                              I`m ashamed to admit that my knowledge of the Torso series is severely lacking and I would need to read up.

Comment

Apologies for misleading you, David, it was Lizzie Prater who saw the men harnessing horses, not Cox.

Comment

Working...
                                X