Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Schwartz interpretation is acurate ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long

Hello Jon. Thanks.

I think there was a similar situation with the Long sighting?

cheers.
    LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
      Hello CD. Thanks. Permit me to answer both questions at once.

Here are Swanson's words:

"I understand the Inspector to suggest that Schwartz' man need not have been the murderer. True only 15 minutes elapsed between 12.45 when Schwartz saw the man & 1.0 when the woman was found murdered on the same spot. But the suggestion is that Schwartz' man may have left her, she being a prostitute then accosted or was accosted by another man, & there was time enough for this to take place & for this other man to murder her before 1.0." ["Ultimate" pp. 123 & 4]

I beg to call your attention to the following:

1. It is not Swanson's opinion at all, but a suggestion by an inspector (Reid?).

2. Swanson is dealing ONLY with the time factor--it was physically possible for BSM to leave, Liz collect herself, find another man and for him to kill her.

But for some reason--unknown to me--his thinking here has been put for police theory. It was not.

Cheers.
      LC
      Thanks for this Lynn, I did a search for this yesterday but was unable to find it.

One thing that this conversation has made me consider is how aware of Fanny's testimony Swanson was?

Of course one must presume the police must have taken a statement from Fanny which has since been lost.

Bearing in mind Goldsteins statement

But if one considers her testimony there really are only two very short windows

The one between Schwartz sighting and Fanny coming to her door

And the one between Fanny going inside and Deimschutz finding the body.

Very tight windows indeed.

And as Fanny did not see Stride the most probable is the one between Schwartz and Fanny arriving at her door

Many thanks for info and thought

Yours jeff

Comment

• statement

Hello Jeff. Thanks.

They would likely take a statement from anyone they considered a viable witness.

Cheers.
        LC

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
          Thats how I interpret the gesture, something like "your coming with me", and as she resisted, he pushed her down or she lost her balance.
          Hello Jon ,

Or maybe , BSM's argument was with the man in the shadows , and Liz was trying to protecting him ?

moonbegger

Comment

• shadowy

Hello MB. Are you suggesting that a supposedly impaired BSM noticed the man in the shadows but not Liz who was in full view?

Cheers.
            LC

Comment

• Originally posted by lynn cates View Post
              Hello Jon. Thanks.

I think there was a similar situation with the Long sighting?

cheers.
              LC
              Yes, a deerstalker described as a "felt hat". Were they ever made of felt?
              And in Stride's case "hard felt"?
              I'm having difficulty in finding a 19th century deerstalker made of felt, let alone hard felt.

That aside, if you see a man wearing a deerstalker (as per Wm. Smith), how can you tell if it is a "hard felt" hat just by looking at it?

Something is amiss here...
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
                Hello Jon ,

Or maybe , BSM's argument was with the man in the shadows , and Liz was trying to protecting him ?

moonbegger
                It's possible BS-man may have seen another man in the shadows behind her, which prompted the physical exchange, yes.

If PC Smith wrongly described the hat parcel man was wearing, that it was a "hard felt hat" (Billycock style), not a deerstalker, then suddenly the description of BS-man is similar enough to the Bricklayer man.
                The agony of it all....
                Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Caps R Us

Hello Jon. Thanks.

Quite. Perhaps the same with the "peak"?

Cheers.
                  LC

Comment

Working...
                  X