1960's Jack the Stripper Murders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1960's Jack the Stripper Murders

Also called the Hammersmith murders. 6 prostitutes murdered near the Thames River and officially still unsolved. The lead suspect committed suicide prior to being charged by the Police.

You Tube has the 1990's documentary from
    "The Great Crimes and Trials" series

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

The thread in here is at http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=388
    Last edited by Sunbury; 04-12-2014, 08:07 PM. Reason: fix a typo

Hi Sudbury

Just a couple of quick comments on this documentary.

It contains a number of errors. Hannah Tailford was not pregnant and did not have fresh water in her lungs according to her coroners report.

(Although there was a suggestion Irene Lockwood may have done)

I spoke with an expert on teeth last week who believes it highly unlikely that the teeth were knocked out during Fallatio, as suggested by John De Rose. I'd like to know more about the sperm and where in the victims body it was discovered.

Also the ending of the program suggests that the security guards rotter co-incided with the murdered victims but Ireland did not start working as a security guard on the heron Industrial estate until October 1964?

Some great shots of the locations however, the white crosses are nolonger there

Yours Jeff
    Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 04-14-2014, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Many thanks Jeff, I really appreciate your comments. I am here to learn

The documentary was my first introduction to the murders, I am finding the thread in here a wealth of information.

I did not know that about Ireland, it is most interesting, that perhaps another serial killer got "away with it".

Edit, the teeth would not be knocked during fellatio, rather they would be removed prior to allow better access for want of a better word.
      Last edited by Sunbury; 04-14-2014, 10:07 PM. Reason: to add a point I had forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Leahy View Post
        Also the ending of the program suggests that the security guards rotter co-incided with the murdered victims but Ireland did not start working as a security guard on the heron Industrial estate until October 1964?
        It's a long time since I read the books dedicated to this series of murders. Was his whereabouts established before he worked at the Heron Industrial Estate? I'd say it's a good possibility that he worked as a security guard prior to that. It's worth bearing in mind that the only victim actually found on the Heron Industrial Estate, Bridget O Hara, was found there on February 16 1965, Ireland was working there at that date.

It is quite possible that Ireland (should he have been a security guard in that area, prior to him working at the Heron Industrial Estate) had access to the electricity sub station, where it was believed the bodies were stored prior to their being moved on to where they were eventually found. In effect did he have keys to the sub station.

Ireland committed suicide on March 3rd 1965, 17 days after the final murder.

Regards

Observer

Comment

Stripperology 2014

Page 146 'WHo was Jack the Stripper' MILKIN:

"Ireland had started his job with night security on 6th October 1964 and worked for them for less than three weeks when he resigned (or was fired) on 18th October, it is diffivcult to imagine how he could possibly have arranged for himself to be assigned to patrol the Heron Inustrial Estate. It seems probable or at least possible that as the Heron Industrial Estate was almost nine miles away from Irelands home at Putney, he had never even been to the estate prior to October 6th 1964.

Helenbarthelmy's and Mary Flemmings bodies had been stored in a disused electricity transformer building on the heron Trading estate in April and July 1964 respectively, three or four months before Ireland took on his patrol job."

IT'S MY UNDERSTANDING IRELAND WORKED AS A CLEANING MANAGER BEFORE THIS JOB. Also note that Seabrook doesnt mention any other conection for Ireland in the Files. He doesnt show up on any of the number plate checks, to our present understanding. He has no previous record. He served with honour on HMS Penelop. A boat sunk by Torpedo's which might explain depression and suicide.

I think that Sudbury is right about the fetish nature of the killings. 'In Jack of Jumps' it claims Francis Brown had swallowed Sperm. But as with everything David Seabrook its unclear where and how they discovered the samples. It was actually her three front lower jaw teeth NOT her upper front teeth that were absent.

Bizarrely she also had a roll of paper stuffed in her virginia. So I think we can conclude we are dealing with a fetish serial killer.

The question I keep asking is if Ireland wasnt the killer how come De Rose was so **** sure that when he announced his theory on National TV the killer wouldnt strike again.

Or more importantly how did he know Mungo's wife wouldnt protest?

And for the answer to that question I think we have to start at Mortlake Crematorium and Stephen Wards funeral.

Yours Jeff
          Last edited by Jeff Leahy; 04-15-2014, 06:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X