• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Caroline responds,

"What a nice man you are, Omlor."

Thanks.

Then she writes,

"You seem able to conclude an awful lot about people's behaviour and motives from absolutely nothing."

I have no idea what this means.

--John

Comment

Hiya all
      I played about with the brightness etc in Photoshop and it looks like the marks in the photo read 'TOM'!
      Maybe the 'M' shape is genuine but could it relate to the inverted 'V' shapes he cut into CE's cheeks?

Cheers all.

Comment

The photo in Paul Begg's 'Jack the Ripper the Uncensored Facts' seems to show the 'M' more pronounced, maybe that's just because of the printing process!?
        Here's Tom from the Photo archive with the help of Photoshop's Brightness/Contrast.

Cheers
        Attached Files

Comment

We shouldn't focus only on one region and disregard the other artefacts in that image which are almost as pronounced as the alleged "FM". Indeed, there are a number of lines apparent, quite separate from the "FM", which I've highlighted in "before and after" fashion below:

Click image for larger version

Name:	fm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	654783

To me, it has all the hallmarks of a band of liquid (or "a number of separate splashes", to quote Dr Bond), that had run down the wall at different points along its length.
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Looks more like the outline a man in a large hat, with broad shoulders stood behind the bed.
            Attached Files
            Regards Mike

Comment

Or to the left of the outline of the man we see a bat!
              The wall looks like it's a mixture of paper and wood paneling, the grain of wood could cause any number of lines and shapes to appear.

Comment

OMG Suzi thank you for uploading that! Everytime on on this forum ppl are all 'okay so when we take into account the FM on the wall...' and Im sitting here going 'what FM on the wall? I cant see anything'. So thank you for uploading that pic. In defense of Diary supporters the intials do seem a very deliberate gesture (at least to me) but in opposition to those condemning Maybrick it strikes me as weird that he would write Florence's intials on the wall even if he was sugesting that the posthumous Mary Jane represented a vision he had for his wife. Further, if the Ripper did write FM on the wall you dont need me to tell you that it could stand for anyone's initials.

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
                  Feldy is of course no longer on 'our' side.
                  X
                  Caz what do you mean Feldman is no longer on our side? Has he since the publication of his book denounced his own findings?

Comment

Billy,

Paul is dead.

--John

Comment

I just wonder if anyone has ever looked into what material the wall was constructed from? The marks (I personally can't see an F and/or an M, but I wear glasses, so I could be missing it!) could have been on the wall when it was built, eg: the result of rough plastering or marks on wooden board...

Any thoughts on this?

Ms.F
                      "No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better" - Samuel Beckett.

Comment

The lower parts of the wall are typical of wooden panelling, with a door appearing on the wall. I believe the building was larger but was sectioned off at some point, to create smaller rooms.

The upper part looks to be plaster.
                        Regards Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Covell View Post
                          The lower parts of the wall are typical of wooden panelling, with a door appearing on the wall. I believe the building was larger but was sectioned off at some point, to create smaller rooms.

The upper part looks to be plaster.
                          That's what I suspected - and in an area of London like that, any partitioning work was not necessarily going to be of the highest quality, perhaps reusing whatever materials came to hand. The marks could be entirely innocent, and have been there when the wall was constructed. I could be wrong though!

Ms.F
                          "No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better" - Samuel Beckett.

Comment

[QUOTE=Ms. Fade;40342. I could be wrong though!

Ms.F[/QUOTE]

Or you could be right, and you probably are.
                            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                              Well, you may be right - except inasmuch as the alleged "26" appears on what may have once been the central cross-panel of a door, and in roughly the right place for a premise number to have been affixed:

[ATTACH]936[/ATTACH]
                              Hi chaps just starting to read through this thread again...That's a 26/8 for sure!! closer than an FM (or a FA) that's for sure!!
                              'Would you like to see my African curiosities?'

Comment

Hi Normy,
                                Thanks for the photograph. I think I can make out AB joined together to the right of the centre of the part defined by the white flattened circle (I've forgotton the correct name for that shape). Yet another proof to my open mind that Alfred Brierley and Florie were having an affair before November of that year and that Maybrick was well aware of this. Mind you, I can't see AB in Sam's photograph so as his photo doesn't fit in with my new theory I can only say that Sam's photo must be a fraud. (I'm beginning to get the hang of things now).
                                Lots of love
                                Carol

Comment

Working...
                                X