DNA error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Henry Flower View Post
    Does anyone know what the law says on this matter? Is there any precedent for people getting their money back, given that the only thing this book had going for it as a selling point was the supposed science, which has now been shown to be a complete crock from start to finish?

People have been sold a bill of goods here. (And before the clever people jump in saying that they were too clever to fall for such nonsense and they cleverly tried to warn the rest of us, etc, I'm asking theoretically, hypothetically; it would be nice to see, for once, those who turn crap into gold having their gold taken from them and their turds handed back.)
    See my post number 30
    Three things in life that don't stay hidden for to long ones the sun ones the moon and the other is the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
      Jeff,

In light of the knowledge that the DNA on the shawl is not Eddowes or Kosminskis, I'm sure you'll agree that there's no way Kosminski could have been the Ripper and can once and for all be struck from the suspect list.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott
      Tom,
      Discrediting the shawl evidence in no way exonerates Kosminski. This is faulty logic. The case against him remains exactly as strong, or as weak, as it was before this shawl business was postulated (if that's the word I'm looking for).
      Best wishes,
      Steve.

Comment

It is interesting to note though how quickly the media label Kosminski just "a possible suspect" again once the new evidence is undermined in the press. Particularly given that evidence shows that Kosminski was ALWAYS the PRIME suspect in police custody and identified as such in a police line up.

Isn't that just a little suspicious?

Comment

Originally posted by Tom_Wescott View Post
          Jeff,

In light of the knowledge that the DNA on the shawl is not Eddowes or Kosminskis, I'm sure you'll agree that there's no way Kosminski could have been the Ripper and can once and for all be struck from the suspect list.
          Originally posted by Steven Russell View Post
          Tom,
          Discrediting the shawl evidence in no way exonerates Kosminski. This is faulty logic. The case against him remains exactly as strong, or as weak, as it was before this shawl business was postulated (if that's the word I'm looking for).
          Best wishes,
          Steve.
          Er, I think Tom was just being his usual rib-tickling self there, Steven.

Originally posted by GUT View Post
          Even with the DNA there's not much, I think I've seen at least 5 explanations that could make it all mean nothing even if the DNA was 110%.
          Aaaargh! 110%???

I need to go and lie down in a darkened room now.

Love,

Caz
          X
          "Comedy is simply a funny way of being serious." Peter Ustinov

Comment

Originally posted by caz View Post
            Er, I think Tom was just being his usual rib-tickling self there, Steven.

Love,

Caz
            X
            Consider my ribs tickled.

Comment

Working...
            X