Martha’s final wound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
    Ive checked my notes to see if that dimension is mentioned in specific terms and it isnt, which means that my statement is based upon the description with a logical interpretation of the phrasing.

"In his opinion the wounds were caused by a knife, or some such instrument, but there was a wound on the chest bone which could not have been caused by a knife. An ordinary penknife could have made most of the wounds, but the puncture in the chest must have been made with a sword bayonet or a dagger."

A penknife blade width has obvious limitations, for one, because even folded it still needs to be pocket sized. I assumed that the way the wounds size was differentiated was because of the width, not the length of the blade, because penknives (folding knives) did and still do come in lengths almost equal to the length of the average dagger.
    Of course Killeen definitely ruled out the possibility that it was just the one blade. But there´s Ripperology for you - those who never even saw the wounds take it upon themselves to call Killeen wrong. A man who measured all the stab wounds and had all the material at hand.
    It´s totally laughable.

Comment

Working...
    X