X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleveland Street

Hello all,

An interesting question for you all.

A while ago I noticed (again) this dissertation fron Andy Aliffe.

This post is NOT in conjunction with the Royal Conspiracy/JTR mystery.. but the Cleveland Street Scandal.

In the Barlow and Watts programme, as explained in the dissertation, the detective gets permission to look at some files.. not to do with PAV as JTR.. but the Cleveland Street scandal.

On a recent enquiry at the NA, no files or papers on the CSS are there. Neither are they witheld at the Home Office. (There are NO old Victoruian files still there, I was told)

A question. As there was release from the archives of a letter written to a lady in India I believe in connection with PAV and a lady and apparent extortion attempts in (about 2000 I believe)... what happened to the Cleveland Street File that Abberline investigated, that "Barlow and Watts" saw (the producers quoted the sighting and conversations verbatim)...?

kind wishes

Phil
    Last edited by Phil Carter; 03-22-2012, 03:07 AM.
    Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
    Accountability? ....

Originally posted by Phil Carter View Post
    Hello all,

An interesting question for you all.

A while ago I noticed (again) this dissertation fron Andy Aliffe.

This post is NOT in conjunction with the Royal Conspiracy/JTR mystery.. but the Cleveland Street Scandal.

In the Barlow and Watts programme, as explained in the dissertation, the detective gets permission to look at spome files.. not to do with PAV as JTR.. but the Cleveland Street scandal.

On a recent enquiry at the NA, no files or papers on the CSS are there. Neither are they witheld at the Home Office. (There are NO old Victoruian files still there, I was told)

A question. As there was release from the archives of a letter written to a lady in India I believe in connection with PAV and a lady and apparent extortion attempts in (about 2000 I believe)... what happened to the Cleveland Street File that Abberline investigated, that "Barlow and Watts" saw (the producers quoted the sighting and conversations verbatim)...?

kind wishes

Phil
    Surviving papers are at the the NA.

As far as I know this is all there is.

HO 144/477/X24427

HO 144/477/X24427A

DPP 1/95/1-7

Rob

Comment

Hello Rob,

Thank you. How odd! The person I called this morning took a long time to tell me that there was nothing there. Hmm

Thank you for this information.

kindly

Phil
      Chelsea FC. TRUE BLUE. 💙

Justice for the 96 = achieved
      Accountability? ....

Comment

Hi Phil. There are two very good books on the scandal published in the 70's. If you're interested (and don't already have these books) I'd be happy to provide you with the names. I believe the authors accessed the reports you mention. More recently, the book about Prince Eddy and the homosexual underworld devoted a lot of pages to the CSS. I found the case very interesting, and must say it changed my opinion a bit of Abberline, and not for the better.

Yours truly,

Tom Wescott

Comment

Working...
        X