X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malcolm X View Post
    hi you're back well done
    Thanks Mal.

I need to track down a certain man who spoke of SK's life in Poland at the 2010 conference....

Helena
    Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Helena, not sure this article helps track down where Klosowski's Russian and Polish documents are in 2012 but it points out that they were in the Black Museum in 1937. I have a pdf copy of the article from the British Library if you would like a copy. I tried to attach its size exceeds the limit.

Hope it can be of some help to you, Linda

- - - - - - - - - -
      Nottingham Evening Post, Thursday, November 25, 1937 (pg 11)

Scotland Yard's "Black Museum" To students of criminology, not to mention the ordinary " man in the street" (writes Longmynd Stretton) there could be no more fascinating place than the room at Scotland Yard which bears the appropriate title of "The Black Museum" and which houses grim and grisly relics of notorious crimes...Exploits of another "multiple murderer" are recalled by documents related to...Severino Klosowski, alias George Chapman....In addition to correspondence in Russian and Polish, the "Black Museum" contains the birth certificate and a document setting forth the medical qualifications of Klosowski..."

Comment

Originally posted by L A Lester View Post
        Helena, not sure this article helps track down where Klosowski's Russian and Polish documents are in 2012

Dear Linda

Thank you so much for trying to help me!

It's intriguing that the article writer believes the documents to be in the BM, but what makes me think otherwise is that several researchers before me have tried to locate them, to no avail. As the BM is one of the most obvious places to try, I am sure they have already tried there.

However, perhaps I am assuming too much!

So, thanks for the tip. I will email fellow Chapmanologists (!) and ask if they have tried the BM..... and if they haven't, I will!

Helena

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Following the medical evidence except for Bond, I believe that Chapman not being of senior surgeon quality but an assistant who stood to the side, especially the right side of the patient, while carrying out duties of a more practical aiding nature is much more along the lines of matching the profile we are seeing. The fact he carried out mutilations from the right only (except for MJK whom he tried to move to get onto the right but couldn't because of the partition) and not moving himself into a senior position speaks volumes about his experience.
          Bona fide canonical and then some.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
            Following the medical evidence except for Bond, I believe that Chapman not being of senior surgeon quality but an assistant who stood to the side, especially the right side of the patient, while carrying out duties of a more practical aiding nature is much more along the lines of matching the profile we are seeing. The fact he carried out mutilations from the right only (except for MJK whom he tried to move to get onto the right but couldn't because of the partition) and not moving himself into a senior position speaks volumes about his experience.

I think it's a bit difficult to comment on Chapman's medical/surgical training without first reading the very detailed, in-depth research contained within the book "Jack the Ripper At Last", which is the best biography of Chapman that is available.

Comment

Can you elaborate a bit more on what I said. I know you believe to have done alot of work researching him so maybe you can tell me about the difficulty you envision with my suggestion? Maybe if you give me more specifics I may be inclined to invest my time in nearly 300 pages of your work. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
                Can you elaborate a bit more on what I said. I know you believe to have done alot of work researching him so maybe you can tell me about the difficulty you envision with my suggestion? Maybe if you give me more specifics I may be inclined to invest my time in nearly 300 pages of your work. Thanks.
                Dear Batman

Until you know what Chapman's training was, it's a bit difficult for you to weigh up how this relates to his possible involvement in the Ripper murders.

I invested three years of my life in the book.

Goodnight!

Helena

Comment

Originally posted by HelenaWojtczak View Post
                  Dear Batman

Until you know what Chapman's training was, it's a bit difficult for you to weigh up how this relates to his possible involvement in the Ripper murders.

Helena
                  By reading this thread and others I think you have mentioned what you think his training was about. I'll be straight with you. I need better reasons than the one's I have so far on why I should spend my money and time on your book. I am not a Chapman enthusiast enough to read nearly 300 pages to be honest. He is one of a whole bunch of suspects to get through and as far as I can tell you think he isn't related to the Whitechapel murders, so in a way, the only reason to read it would be for the content in your synopsis not a solution. However maybe you just might be able to help me with specifics enough to warrent looking at your book.

I think it is fair to say that the type of work he did is well described elsewhere and probably in your book if you referenced well, so its not like one has to exclusively get your book to know and discuss what he did. However maybe you can enlighten me on why your book knows better.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi Batman

Following the medical evidence except for Bond, I believe that Chapman not being of senior surgeon quality but an assistant who stood to the side, especially the right side of the patient, while carrying out duties of a more practical aiding nature is much more along the lines of matching the profile we are seeing.
                    I am not a Chapman enthusiast enough to read nearly 300 pages to be honest.
                    Then, with respect, why are you commenting so knowlegeably on a Chapman thread?

All the best

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Cogidubnus View Post

Dave,

Are you serious? Look at all the other threads he posts on. He knows everything.

Mike
                      huh?

Comment

Hi Michael

What he's saying is, that at today's second-hand Amazon prices, he's not prepared to spend under £9 to read THE authoritative work on Chapman, but on the basis of not having read it, he's quite prepared to gob off about it...

Cheers

Dave

Comment

Hi Batman

All the best

Dave
                          Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                          Dave,

Are you serious? Look at all the other threads he posts on. He knows everything.

Mike
                          Sort of funny ain't t can't be bothered to read probably the best book on a suspect but will argue with the author thereof up hill and down dale.
                          G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Hi Batman

All the best

Dave
                            I think maybe I haven't explained myself then properly. I believe people can still comment on general issues about science even if they haven't read this book. I say that as a scientist who has even done his biology lab work in the very university your location is at (John Maynard Building) which the author should know to see too given their resume. To put it more appropriately, I would be very interested in references in this book that:

1) Show something unique about Chapman's medical education that isn't already general known about the job title.
                            2) Give good reasons why he shouldn't be considered a serious suspect.

I am not asking that the author has to reply, but anyone who has read the book and give me a review/opinion on the above.

As for Mike, well, the anti-stride movement had a bad week me thinks.
                            Last edited by Batman; 12-28-2014, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I think maybe I haven't explained myself then properly. I believe people can still comment on general issues about science even if they haven't read this book.
                              You do?

So you can comment on Einstein if you haven't read anything he's written?

With respect...Cobblers...Some kind of scientist your university turns out.

Dave

PS Just what is it you've discovered about my alma mater?

Comment

You do?

So you can comment on Einstein if you haven't read anything he's written?

With respect...Cobblers...Some kind of scientist your university turns out.

Dave
                                Excuse me but Chapman didn't write this book. Your analogy isn't a good one.

Even having said that you can learn SR, GR and QM without reading him.

With all due respect I have only asked one or two questions I never got an answer too and it seems to me people are doing cartwheels to just avoid that.

As I said before, I am willing to spend money on a book for good reasons other than the ones you are trying to push on me, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X