X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not intended to follow last post

But it did anyway. Top right of screen, an "artificial florist". Dave
    Attached Files
    Last edited by protohistorian; 07-09-2010, 10:29 AM.
    We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

multi purpose

The number in the balloon is the number of resident enterprises.Dave
      Attached Files

Comment

products for the retail market

Canes,shoes, anything bought as an item. Dave
        Attached Files

Comment

professionals

No, not in the warm fuzzy, anybody can be a professional, we should all hug, were all equal, hippie bullshite sense. People with advanced knowledge or skills, architects,engineers,surgeons and the like. Toffs in Spitalfields indeed! Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

chandlers and fried fish

chandlers first, then fried fish....ummmm fried fish! Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

watch and clock makers

We ( as moderns) tend to take the marking of time as a given. It is not so. At this period of time things like crystal frequency modulation were not the active mechanism for tracking time. At this period, you are talking about a complex mechanical system driven by springs or gravity. One needs complex math to understand the gear interaction, advanced metal milling to fabricate gears with precision, and certainly instructive for us, a market that demands the effort. There, I am done preaching. Dave
              Attached Files

Comment

importers

It should be noted these are just the ones listed in the pd as importers, that is the importer of specific goods, sponges and moldings. There is without doubt a very seizable industry base that is reliant on imported goods. Tobacco, chocolate, mustard and beef seem to be readily identifiable ones. Being near massive ports makes this a forgone conclusion. Dave
                Attached Files

Comment

fruitier

Just the ones in the PD. Diet variation kicks ass!Dave
                  Attached Files

Comment

the cow in the meadow goes moo

The cow in the meadow goes moo. Then the farmer goes BANG, and thats where we get hamburger! Butchers, beef and pork. Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment

workers in metals

wheel wrights,coopers,metal engravers, you get the idea.Dave
                      Attached Files

Comment

food and drink

Everything from tripe dressers to restaurant, egg dealers (only one) to dining rooms. Confectioners,bakers,butchers,and beer retailers, less coffee rooms because I forgot to toggle that one on.. Dave
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by protohistorian; 07-11-2010, 02:08 AM.

Comment

So what's the purpose of all this again? I forgot (assuming I knew at one time). Lots of maps. But we don't know and are never likely to know the Ripper's occupation.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Nelson View Post
                            So what's the purpose of all this again? I forgot (assuming I knew at one time). Lots of maps. But we don't know and are never likely to know the Ripper's occupation.
                            That is one GIANT assumption! Dave

Comment

bayonet anyone?

Army surplus listing. This is the sole army surplus listing. There are however multiple "outfitters" and "provision dealers" which I am ASS-uming would sell anything needed to outfit a ship for a voyage, and again ASS-uming that large knives would be included. In terms of where such a weapon could have come from I can only conclude numerous retail sources that need not be connected in any way to any other aspect of the case. Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

for Norma

A coffee and tea dealer in the Minories. Dave
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X