No announcement yet.

Mr. Rippers Neighborhood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well done Dave, and pretty interesting !

At this point, couldn't you focus on cutlery dealers, knife traders, apron brokers, blade factors, etc... ?

Comment

Or, just cut to the chase, and show us where all the serial killers lived?

Comment

surgical instrument maker and cutler

241 is surgical instruments. There might be more in the less documented streets. Sorry GM, no listings for knife wielding maniac as of yet, would those be on major streets? Dave
        Attached Files
        We are all born cute as a button and dumb as rocks. We grow out of cute fast!

Comment

coffee anyone? and the progress report

Coffee rooms and the big picture. Dave
          Attached Files

Comment

surrounded on all sides

Here is an interesting pic. The (o) marker is the phoenix temperance hall (the only one I have found), the glasses are pubs indicated in the postal directory, and the f's are beer retailers. It was interesting to me anyway. Dave
            Attached Files

Comment

Dave,

Is there a reason why the pub/beer retailer frame is so much zoomed in ?

P.S : I find this very interesting, and I'd bet I'm not the only one
              Obviously, we'd have rather you to begin from serial killers home, but there's a start to everything

Comment

Yes Marc. Zooming in is a quick way to restrict the visual field. Dave

Comment

only 1 of these so far

Electrician, I have also found a "wire weaver".The points on the far right are mistakenly turned on plots, electrician is on commercial street. Dave
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by protohistorian; 07-08-2010, 10:50 PM.

Comment

density

O.K. ,technically it is not in the hood, but here is a section of Leadenhall street, near Mitre Square. Some if these pins represent 17 differing activities in a single address. I consider these very much like modern office buildings. Dave
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by protohistorian View Post
                      Some if these pins represent 17 differing activities in a single address. I consider these very much like modern office buildings. Dave
                      Well said Dave
                      I'd suppose some of these people might have benefited from each other's patronizing through related activities.

Comment

Thank You Mark! I have had about enough of this half assed characterization of the area. I am neither or first among people to say the area is dynamic and worth knowing, I just happened to know of a new way of illustrating it.Dave

Comment

horticultural dealer

I suspected there must be one, urban horticulture was commonplace. Top left of image. Dave
                          Attached Files

Comment

skilled vs. unskilled

skilled first. I suspect the discrepancy in frequency stems from the 3 schillings to be listed
                            Attached Files

Comment

the point of diminishing return

I am at the point where I need some serious help in continuing.As the streets get less represented, I need help fixing addresses. If you can help me and want to pm me. Here is what is done. Dave
                              Attached Files

Comment

unnerving co location

I have seen many arrangements that could have been working in conjunction, this I hope is not one of them. I keep hearing "we can burn her,bury her, or eat her." 89 is an undertaker, 90 is a chandler. Dave
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X