No announcement yet.

Was Barnett guilty after all?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't rule him out--her heart was taken, which would point to a jilted lover.

however, he was interviewed extensively by police, has an alibi, and displayed absolutely zero suspicious behavior.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

"IF Mary Jane did NOT go out of her room after 2.00am, then I would consider Joe to be a prime suspect as JRT did not go round knocking on doors to see who was in."

Hello B.B.,

There is always the possibility that he had met Mary earlier that day or week and told her that he would pay her a visit. No need for random door knocking.

c.d.

P.S. Welcome to the boards.

Comment

I don't put too much significance on the whole taking of the heart business. I might find it more significant if this had been the only murder but as it stands the heart was just another internal organ. Are we going to attach some symbolic significance to a kidney or uterus as well?

c.d.

Comment

The kidney, and the faeces-smeared apron, could point to a jilted lavatory attendant.

Comment

If MJK had been a spur of the moment kill, a crack on the head or a simple stabbing for eg then maybe Barnett. But this killing surely had to be planned (I’m not saying that Kelly was a targeted victim just that the killer intended to kill that night.) If that was the case Barnett would have had to have been insane (damn ) or rather, stupid and reckless in the extreme to kill her there. There were people/neighbours out and about at all hours around Miller’s Court and Barnett would have been a familiar face. When the police began to investigate Kelly’s death they would have wanted to speak to Barnett as soon as they learned of his existence. All it would have taken was for one local or near neighbour to have said that they’d seen Joe in the area that night.
            This has always been my objection to Barnett as Mary’s killer.
            Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

“A house of delusions is cheap to build but draughty to live in.”

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
              The kidney, and the faeces-smeared apron, could point to a jilted lavatory attendant.
              Nothing more dangerous than a man spurned by lav.
              Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Or an incontinent Vivisectionist
                Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

I have my eye on a dyslexic suspect who was jilted in love. It was the urination of him.

Comment

I have my eye on a dyslexic suspect who was jilted in love. It was the urination of him.
                    Superb! I might have to nick that one, Rob.
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

You mean you're going to sample it?

Comment

The idea that MJK’s missing heart means she was killed by a lover smacks of banality. A lot of the time serial killers project grievances with the opposite sex onto their victims. It doesn’t denote a prior relationship between the two.

Comment

OK OK I get it! LOL
                          "Is all that we see or seem
                          but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                          quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Regards

Sir Herlock Sholmes.

Comment

Working...
                            X