"Mysterious" dead carcass found on Welsh beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mysterious" dead carcass found on Welsh beach

Some say it is a crocodile, but the second set of photos clearly shows it is more porpoise-like. Not nearly as mysterious as I had hoped.

Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

These globsters always turn out to be the rotting carcasses of known sea creatures. Disappointing.
    Not that there isn't sufficient variety of fascinating sea creatures to marvel at. British audiences were terrified and repulsed by the sight of a Bobbit catching a fish in Life On Earth 2. Understandably, it's a horrible, alien looking thing.
    I'm more or less convinced on the existence of alien big cats, on the fence about Bigfoot (I know it sounds ridiculous but reading through the witness reports on the BFRO website is to be overwhelmed by the sheer number of sightings)
    Sea and lake monsters, not so much. I hope so, part wish and part nostalgia for those younger innocent times when I believed everything I read.

All the best.

Comment

There are surprises in the oceans - witness the coelacanth - but people always seem to want to find 'monsters' like gigantic sharks.

Comment

If I narrow my eyes it's not unlike my Aunt Blodwyn from Abertillery, and come to think about it we haven't heard from her for a while.

Graham
        We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

You may hear from her now.

Comment

Lol!!
            - Ginger

Comment

Deep sea submersibles often pick out creatures in their spotlights.
              Spiny bubbles of unnecessary weirdness that are frankly hard to love
              However, cryptoid fans will no doubt be delighted to hear that one of the upcoming cinema attractions is The Meg, starring Jason Statham. A prehistoric shark encounters shirtless cockney scorn whilst getting punched up the bracket. Sounds awesome.
              I didn't see Aunt Blodwyn in the cast list. Maybe a plot twisting cameo?

All the best.

Comment

I'm still trying to work out what a live carcass might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                  I'm still trying to work out what a live carcass might be.
                  Possibly the brother-in-law on the British comedy "Keeping Up Appearances"??
                  Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                  ---------------
                  Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                  ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by martin wilson View Post
                    Deep sea submersibles often pick out creatures in their spotlights.
                    Spiny bubbles of unnecessary weirdness that are frankly hard to love
                    However, cryptoid fans will no doubt be delighted to hear that one of the upcoming cinema attractions is The Meg, starring Jason Statham. A prehistoric shark encounters shirtless cockney scorn whilst getting punched up the bracket. Sounds awesome.
                    I didn't see Aunt Blodwyn in the cast list. Maybe a plot twisting cameo?

All the best.
                    Aunt Blodwyn's acting career ended when she played Third Sofa in An Inspector Calls at Pontypridd Playhouse in 1952. But thanks for thinking of her, she'll be thrilled (if she ever turns up again).

Graham
                    We are suffering from a plethora of surmise, conjecture and hypothesis. - Sherlock Holmes, The Adventure Of Silver Blaze

Comment

Yes, Onslow is a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
                        Possibly the brother-in-law on the British comedy "Keeping Up Appearances"??
                        Oh nice, nice!! It's not even wearing an undershirt like Onslow does.

Jeff

Comment

Hi Jeff

Over here we call them vests, whereas over there a vest is a waistcoat, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Robert View Post
                            Hi Jeff

Over here we call them vests, whereas over there a vest is a waistcoat, isn't it?
                            Hi Robert,

Here a vest is a waistcoat, unless it is a sweater cut like a vest/waistcoat.

Jeff

Comment

As a kid I heard the song "Walking My Baby Back Home."

We started to pet
                              And that's when I get
                              Her powder all over my vest

and I imagined a man in a white vest a la Onslow.

Comment

Working...
                              X