Where is Martha Tabram buried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where is Martha Tabram buried

Does anyone have any idea? I can locate the other 5 girls but am having trouble with this one

Hi HOTR,

I believe she was buried in a common grave, which over the years has been used, with other bodies lyiing on top!!

The location I believe has been lost but some of the guys on the boards from London might be able to point you in the right direction.

Regards Mike

Comment

I think it's so far unknown where and when she was buried.

Comment

Yep - it's a Holy Grail. At present, we have no idea.

PHILIP
        Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Look for a grave-plot with 39 widely-spaced dandelions growing out of it

(I apologise for my bad taste.)
          Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Forgiven. It's probably true, bless her heart. Sad, isn't it?
            "What our ancestors would really be thinking, if they were alive today, is: "Why is it so dark in here?"" From Pyramids by Sir Terry Pratchett, a British National Treasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

Oooh Sam,

That's the lightest sense of dark humour i've come accross....Yep theres a lot worse.

But back on the subject, where Tabram was killed in whitechapel is there a graveyard plot that would cover her area, or is it a case of whether she was catholic or not, perhaps also the kind of money forthcoming for either private or left to the pauper type grave. It probable to assume she rested in a pauper's grave? No? Yes?

Comment

Shelley, there's no hard and fast rule. The most likely place is the City of London Cemetery but there's no evidence for this.

PHILIP
                Tour guides do it loudly in front of a crowd.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hutchinson View Post
                  Shelley, there's no hard and fast rule. The most likely place is the City of London Cemetery but there's no evidence for this.

PHILIP
                  Thanks Philip, i wonder where any records could possibly found for her burial plot?

Comment

Grave

Originally posted by Shelley View Post
                    Thanks Philip, i wonder where any records could possibly found for her burial plot?
                    Was there a section that is the equivelant to a Potter's field? I would imagine there would be no marker with a common grave but were the indigent poor buried in one section of a cemetery in those days?
                    Neil "Those who forget History are doomed to repeat it." - Santayana

Comment

Working...
                    X