Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

39 years old, 39 stabs. Coincidence or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
    This always reminds me of that book "The Bible Code" that came out a few years ago. I can't remember exactly the process that they used but it involved computers putting together letters in the Bible until they got coherent "hidden messages" that predicted the landing on the moon, the Kennedy assassination, etc.

Everybody was all jazzed up about it until somebody showed that you could do the same thing with the novel "Moby Dick."
    Look at enough patterns selectively and eventually something eye catching will emerge.
    Oh, no, CD, that's just proof of the remarkable intelligence of whales.

Best regards, Archaic

Comment

Throw in a middle initial and there you have it.
      True. But if you used all their middle initials, there would be no pattern. Same thing if you say Tabram was killed on the 7th day of the 8th month, Chapman on the the 8th day of the 9th month, and Kelly on the 9th day of the 11th month. Although there is a progression of sorts, there is not a 39 in sight. All theories based on numbers or anagrams end up seeming silly.

Comment

Originally posted by The Grave Maurice View Post
        True. But if you used all their middle initials, there would be no pattern. Same thing if you say Tabram was killed on the 7th day of the 8th month, Chapman on the the 8th day of the 9th month, and Kelly on the 9th day of the 11th month. Although there is a progression of sorts, there is not a 39 in sight. All theories based on numbers or anagrams end up seeming silly.
        Jeez, Maurice. I was simply being facetious. Guess you missed that, huh?

c.d.

Comment

Guess you missed that, huh?
          Yep, I did.

Comment

I'll let this one go but don't do it again.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by richardnunweek View Post
              As you rightly mentioned, Tabram aged 39 stabbed 39 times.
              Polly Nichols killed on the 31st of the 8th month,
              Stride/Eddowes on the 30th of the 9th month
              Both equal 39
              Chapman was killed on the 8th, the previous victim Nichols on the 31st =39
              The double event on the 30th, and kelly on the 9th=39
              Barnett [ Kellys ex] left on the 30th, Mary dead on the 9th.
              Three people associated with Mary Kelly resided at the Victoria home, which a photograph indicates the entrance was numbered 39 commercial street.
              Two letters sent to the press/police had the number 39 in them.
              If one adds up the letters of Tabram, Nichols, Chapman, eddowes, long liz, and kelly, they equal 39.
              Also where did the last victim live .
              26 Dorset street ...room 13=39.
              Richard, if you believe this, please don't do me any favors on the Hutchinson threads by adding your arguments. Barnett left on the 30th and Kelly killed on the 9th = 39? That is absolutely dumb. If God is behind the murders, OK, then I'm with you.

Mike
              huh?

Comment

Paul Is Dead

Originally posted by The Good Michael View Post
                Richard, if you believe this, please don't do me any favors on the Hutchinson threads by adding your arguments. Barnett left on the 30th and Kelly killed on the 9th = 39? That is absolutely dumb. If God is behind the murders, OK, then I'm with you.

Mike
                I think that what Richard was getting into was not unlike the "Paul Is Dead" syndrome which is not unlike somebody reading into things a bit more than one should.
                However, it is good to give it a glance over because sometimes things work out that way.
                Just to make sure.

Comment

Payne,

One never knows with Richard.

Mike
                  huh?

Comment

I remember when I was doing my solo Ripper tour while on vacation last year, while narrarating the video I was shooting in Gunthorpe Street when I mentioned Martha being stabbed 39 times I then said, "Interestingly enough, once for each year of her life." But I never thought there was anything more than coincidence to it. After all, how likely is it that the killer would have even known her age?

Comment

I wonder how many steps up Martha Tabram was found? It would be interesting if it was 39 steps.
                      Regards Mike

Comment

Naaaah, from having seen the site, 39 steps would be way too high.

Comment

You have seen the building?
                          Regards Mike

Comment

Oh yes, first by myself, and then on Phil Hutchinson's tour in which he pointed up at the actual site of the murder (much changed now of course, with only one section of wall from the original edifice still standing) and with dark humor sort of pantomimed the rapid stabbing of Martha on his own chest. This was done in whispers after having told the story to the tour group a short distance away, explaining that the person who lives at the site now is a rather angry man who is not fond of Ripper tour groups.

Comment

But she wasn't killed in that building was she? I thought George Yard Buildings had long gone?

I have a vision of an angry man stood up at his window shaking his fist at Philip now!
                              Regards Mike

Comment

George Yard Buildings is gone, with a new structure in its place, but one fragment of wall from the old one for some reason is still to be seen. It has sky blue paint on it now, and some grafitti. I think the exact spot of the landing where the murder occurred is now more or less in open air, but up against the present building, right outside the current occupant's apartment.

Comment

Working...
                                X