"The Complete Casebook of British Serial Murder"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Complete Casebook of British Serial Murder"

It's a Casebook.org exclusive. My new book - "The Complete Casebook of British Serial Murder" - is now on sale on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk. It covers, in total, 101 cases, 76 of them in detail with 25 additional cases explored. It is almost certainly the most comprehensive catalogue of British serial murder in print, although I expect it to grow.

At the time of writing - just days after publishing - Amazon have yet to finish building the sales page and so it is without a cover. But be assured, the cover is pretty

Here's the blurb:

This book examines over one hundred cases of serial murder in the United Kingdom over the last two hundred years, in one of the most comprehensive books on the subject ever published.

Serial killers such as Peter Sutcliffe, the "Yorkshire Ripper", Steve Wright, the "Suffolk Strangler," and Anthony Hardy, the "Camden Ripper" will be familiar. However, the cases of Harold Jones, Frederick Field, Andrew Dawson or Mark Rowntree may not be. This book aims to cover them all. 76 cases are examined in detail, and 25 more are discussed. Including a critical discussion of the current classification system for serial killers, and how it could be replaced wholesale, The Complete Casebook of British Serial Murder is a one-of-a-kind criminological volume essential to any collection on the subject.
    It goes without saying that the book's JTR entry is pretty page-consuming, so I hope you'll take time to read my theories.

I really hope you enjoy it, and I will of course plan to update it in the future.

PS: A Kindle version is upcoming.

Decided to expand on the JTR bit of my book to give this thread more weight.

In my book I do not name any suspect and focus largely on the autopsy reports of each victim, and using a psychological perspective, try to eke out a narrative which explains the Ripper's actions and therefore, his thought processes. The JTR entry is by far the largest in the book, and covers the Canonical Five.

I argue vehemently that Stride is not a Ripper victim, however. I also question the Ripper's method, laying out some theories which have been touched upon before but not often clearly stated or argued for - such as the fact the Ripper strangled his victims, or that the throat-slashing was in fact the Ripper's repeated and failed attempts to decapitate his victims. I link this desire to depersonalise his victims with Ed Kemper who, despite being a highly intelligent and organised killer, displayed this behaviour which is usually indicative of a disorganised offender. I also point out that the killer's choice of locations was an evolutionary process driven by better preperation rather than opportunity.

In the entry, I pretty much argue for the Ripper being an intelligent, organised , sexually-motivated serial killer who got his kicks from the acts of post-mortem mutilation and the use of the victims' organs as masturbatory aids. I also raise a question in relation to the Kelly murder which so far hasn't been clearly answered, about how her heart was removed and how much of it was missing.

Comment

Anyone got any comments on it?

Comment

Yay! You finally did it!

Many congratulations, DP! I've been looking forward to this for a long time and can't wait to read it.

Comment

Sales doing very well guys.

Thinking of writing a book about spree killers and/or school shootings. What do you think?

Comment

Working...
          X