Mary Jane Wilson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Jane Wilson

Where to start? Where to start? How about at the beginning?

It all began with the marriage of Mary Jane Wilson's parents, John Kelly and Mary Dulihead, in 1841. (Marriage Certificate image below.)

They obviously arrived in Liverpool prior to the Potato Famine.
    Attached Files

First child:

Name: William Kelly

Birth Date: 15 Aug 1844

Baptism Date: 18 Sep 1844

Parish: St Anthony's, Lancashire

Father's Name: John

Mother's Name: Mary Donehigan

Comment

Then came the next three children. I found no baptism records for the girls.

Name: Henry Kelly

Birth Date: 27 Mar 1848
      Baptism Date: 25 May 1848
      Parish: St Mary's, Lancashire
      Father's Name: John Kelly
      Mother's Name: Mary Kelly

Births Sep 1851 (FreeBMD)

Kelly Ann Amelia Liverpool

Births Sep 1853
      or
      Births Dec 1854

Kelly Mary Jane Liverpool

Comment

Here they are in 1851, '61, and '71:

1851 Census

1 Coburg Street, Toxteth Park, Liverpool
        John Kelly 32, Joiner b Ireland
        Mary 31 b Ireland
        William 6 b Liverpool
        Henry 3 b Liverpool

1861 Census

5 Bostock St., Liverpool
        Mary Jane Kelly age 7, born in Liverpool
        Father John 41
        Mother Mary 42, born in Ireland
        Brother Henry 13
        Brother William 18
        Sister Ann Amelia 9
        Mary Jane Kelly age 7, born in Liverpool

1871 Census

8 Victoria St. (no longer existing), Liverpool
        John Kelly 50, joiner
        Mary Kelly 50
        Mary Jane Kelly 18, General Servant
        Last edited by MayBea; 02-04-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Mary Jane Kelly's marriage in 1872

St Nicholas, 9 Sep 1872

After banns, according to the rites of the established church.
          Robert Wilson, under age, bachelor, baker, Latimer St, father James Wilson, shoemaker
          and
          Mary Jane Kelly, under age, spinster, Great Homer St, father John Kelly, joiner.

The witnesses were W. Cavanagh & Elizabeth Foxcroft. Mary & Elizabeth signed "by mark".

Comment

Originally posted by MayBea View Post
            1871 Census
            8 Victoria St. (no longer existing), Liverpool
            John Kelly 50, joiner
            Mary Kelly 50
            Mary Jane Kelly 18, General Servant
            Since they were at Bostock Street in 1861, which intersects Great Homer where she was at marriage in 1872, then possibly the "Victoria" address is one of three: Victoria Terrace (2) either 188A Netherfield Road North, N or 451 Torr St, St Domingo Rd, N1 or Victoria Place, Albion St. Evertron N1. All three are nearby. The groom's address, Latimer Street is the next north/south street west of Scotland Road.

Using online Lewis's Handy Guide to Liverpool 1884 and the site Liverpool Streets A to Z.
            Sink the Bismark

Comment

fascinating stuff Maybea , so that would put Mary as 35 as opposed to 28 .. and if (as was proclaimed ) she had a youthful look about her , why then wouldn't she shave a few years off her age . You have my attention

moonbegger

Comment

I don't quite get the significance or involvement with " Royal conspiracy " . did you post in the wrong thread ?

moonbegger

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Corduroy View Post
                  ...possibly the "Victoria" address is one of three: Victoria Terrace (2) either 188A Netherfield Road North, N or 451 Torr St, St Domingo Rd, N1 or Victoria Place, Albion St. Evertron N1. All three are nearby.
                  I believe the Victoria Street address is the one that was changed to Beatrice Street after 1871.

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.co...-06/0992165685

It was off Great Homer Street so it was in the same neighbourhood.

www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=409837.0

Comment

Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
                    I don't quite get the significance or involvement with " Royal conspiracy " . did you post in the wrong thread ?...
                    I wasn't too sure where to post this but I thought there were enough elements similar to the Royal Conspiracy theory to put it here.

The Royal connection comes through her son's marriage to Royal servants in 1919. At the very least, it could be the source of some of the rumours.

Comment

I am unfamiliar with the conversation Maybea .. would you be so kind as to point me to the origins of the story , or even the story itself .. cheers .

moonbegger .

Comment

Originally posted by MayBea View Post
                        I believe the Victoria Street address is the one that was changed to Beatrice Street after 1871.
                        Here is Beatrice Street right below Robsart on the map supplied by Roy Corduroy. The underlined streets are the other known addresses. Victoria/Beatrice (1861 address) and Bostock (1871 address) are not underlined.

Comment

Originally posted by moonbegger View Post
                          I am unfamiliar with the conversation Maybea .. would you be so kind as to point me to the origins of the story , or even the story itself ...
                          I originally put the story in Other Mysteries and then, since there were no objections and/or no alternative solutions (until recently), I decided to move it to The Royal Conspiracy.

http://forum.casebook.org/showthread.php?t=7863

I'm glad it got your attention, moonbegger... All the best...

Comment

It would be helpful if you could give a brief precis of this story of Jack and what is the royal connection?

As Mary and John Kelly are the commonest Irish Names, why do you think Wilson is Mary Kelly? Is there evidence she lived in the East End in the 1880s or Wales?

When did Mary Jane Wilson die, has a death been found? Where was she living? What was her last recorded address in a census record.

There is no evidence that MK had a child, from anyone one who knew her. I am sure that Barnett might have mentioned it, or McCarthy.

There is no connection with Liverpool, none of her friends mentioned Liverpool as a place she knew.
                            This MK is quite a few years older and seems to have lead a very different life.

It is interesting, but some things need to be clarified.

Miss Marple

Comment

After her marriage in 1872, things start to get interesting. Her brother Henry married the sister of a servant of Liverpool cotton merchant, Augustus Agelasto.

Marriage: 8 Sep 1873 All Saints, Liverpool, Lancashire, England
                              Henry Kelly - 23, Plumber & Painter, Bachelor, Horatio Street
                              Emmeline Gould - 20, Spinster, Horatio Street
                              Groom's Father: John Kelly, Joiner
                              Bride's Father: Robert Gould, Tailor
                              Witness: Henry Gould, (X); Margarett Gould
                              Married by Banns by: James Moore
                              Notes: [Bride signed Emeline Gould]
                              Register: Marriages 1868 - 1876, Page 155, Entry 309
                              Source: LDS Film 1655766

1861 England census:

175 Grove Street, Liverpool,
                              household headed by Augustus Agelasto, 45, cotton broker, b. Chios;
                              wife Lucy Coronio, 30, b. Constantinople; sons Stephen, 8, b. Syros; John, 6; George, 4; daughters Despina, 5; Henrietta, 7; Hellen, 2 Mo, all b. Liverpool;
                              & 3 servants [Angelica Gould].

http://www.agelastos.com/genealogy/g...=I47&tree=main

Comment

Working...
                              X