Anno Dracula -Kim Newman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anno Dracula -Kim Newman

I don't even remember buying this book. But I've had it for years.

Back Of Book Sypnosis
    It is 1888 and the Widow of Windsor has remarried, taking as her new consort the Wallachian Prince infamously known as Count Dracula. London is awash with parvenu vampires who are sucking the capital into a frenzy of terror. But deep in Whitechapel, a murderer who signs himself 'Jack The Ripper' is viciously cutting down vampire girls and threatening the very stability of of the new regime...

If you like vampire stories. Then you might enjoy this. Don't read it expecting facts and sense. But I must say I loved this take on Jack The Ripper.

I haven't read this since it was first published (1992), but I must have liked it because I wrote "quite a good book" beside its listing in Strachan's bibliography. As a rule, I don't write notes about the novels except for comments such as "ugh!". Maybe it's time to re-read it.

Comment

I think it's about time I re-read it to. I know I loved it.

Comment

I've read it two or three times over the years - a great read, clever use of the two mythologies and well written by the talented Newman, who is also a major contributor to Empire, the best movie mag there is.
        Bailey
        Wellington, New Zealand
        hoodoo@xtra.co.nz
        www.flickr.com/photos/eclipsephotographic/

Comment

Working...
        X