Case of most interest besides JtR poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case of most interest besides JtR poll

Please specify if you choose Some Other Case and I am just asking about unsolved murders here.
    The Gatton Mystery
    3.29%
    Zodiac
    30.26%
    The New Orleans Axeman
    1.97%
    The Thames Nudes Murderer
    2.63%
    The Texarkana Phantom Killer
    1.32%
    The Cleveland Torso Slayer
    7.89%
    Julia Wallace Case
    3.95%
    The Black Dahlia Case
    13.82%
    The Lizzie Borden Case
    8.55%
    Some Other Case
    26.32%
    Last edited by sdreid; 02-07-2009, 05:44 AM.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Hi Stan, that's quite some menu.
    But you seem to have missed the Mad Yorkshire Nude Phantom Torso Axe Slayer.
    I'm sure there was one.
    On a serious note, I have voted for the Bravo Case.
    Last edited by Jez; 02-07-2009, 06:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jez View Post
      On a serious note, I have voted for the Bravo Case.
      Ah yes Jez, a classic!

Stan Reid

Comment

Hi Stan, without wanting to detract from your thread I've recently bought a book called The Adirondack Tragedy - The Gillette Murder Case of 1906. Have you heard of this? I haven't got round to reading it yet as I'm on another book at the moment. Is it worthy of the "unsolved mysteries" category?

Comment

Hi Jez,

That case was covered on the old Unsolved Mysteries TV program but it had something to do with grace Brown's supposed ghost.

Stan Reid

Comment

Can it be more than one?

I couldn't narrow it down, as none of these were on the list.

I concur with the Bravo case, but I'm also probably equally interested in the Bartlett case and the Hall/Mills mystery.

Comment

Hi LT,

You can do as you wish. I had to hold my list at 10 and Hall-Mills was the last one I eliminated.

Stan Reid

Comment

I 'other cased' for the Princes in the Tower...'Tho I suppose that could be missing persons.......
                Steve

Comment

Hi Stan & all,

Although the Zodiac and Black Dahlia cases remain intriguing, I voted Some Other Case: the Monster of Florence.

All the best,
                  Frank
                  "You can rob me, you can starve me and you can beat me and you can kill me. Just don't bore me."
                  Clint Eastwood as Gunny in "Heartbreak Ridge"

Comment

The Victorian Torso Murders, in and around the Thames.
                    Regards Mike

Comment

Dear Professor Reid,sor...

I would have put down "Who Nailed Jesus?"...only because I got that baby down to two suspects...The Romans or The Jews.

Seriously though....I'd go with Mike's "Thames Torso" or our "Cleveland Torso".

Comment

I voted Other case: Kennedy assassination.

Wot's Lizzie Borden doing there? When the case is named after the perp, can it be classified as 'unsolved'?
                        Chief Superintendent Brownlow: "Are there any Tension Indicators? Over!"

DI Galloway: "Tension indicators?! They're throwing bloody petrol bombs. Sir."

Comment

Just thought i'd put a vote/post up for 'Jack the Stripper' certainly the case that interests me most mystery wise after JtR.

Pirate

Comment

With all the potential cases and a 10 poll limit, I figured "Other" would lead the pack but nothing wrong with that.

Stan Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Phryne Fisher View Post
                              Wot's Lizzie Borden doing there? When the case is named after the perp, can it be classified as 'unsolved'?
                              I guess it's sort of like "The Oscar Slater Case".

Stan Reid

Comment

Working...
                              X