Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripper finally identified-CNN

According to CNN

The notorious serial killer known to history as the infamous Jack the Ripper has finally been identified by the USJTRrA. After 17 years of intensive research the super secret government agency has now revealed their amazing results. After years of research conducted under the utmost of governmental, societal, industrial and scientific research the USJTR rA can now confidently proclaim that the White chapel killer, more commonly known as Jack the Ripper , was none other than j
    Last edited by Abby Normal; 04-01-2017, 06:45 PM.
    "Is all that we see or seem
    but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
    quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    According to CNN

The notorious serial killer known to history as the infamous Jack the Ripper has finally been identified by the USJTRrA. After 17 years of intensive research the super secret government agency has now revealed their amazing results. After years of research conducted under the utmost of governmental, societal, industrial and scientific research the USJTR rA can now confidently proclaim that the White chapel killer, more commonly known as Jack the Ripper , was none other than j
    But April 1st was yesterday.
    G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
      But April 1st was yesterday.
      It isn't yesterday just yet...
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
        It isn't yesterday just yet...
        It's hard to keep track, because it's halfway through the 2nd here.
        G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

"None other than J..." /??

J who?

Christian or surname?

I think this is likely a prank... or "fake news" if you prefer!
          Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
          ---------------
          Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
          ---------------

Comment

One of the best April Fool's Jokes that I have come across came from an article in "Men's Health" magazine. It stated that a poll of several thousand women ages 18 to 50 was conducted asking them what it takes for them to be willing to sleep with a man. Researchers were astonished to find that men did not have to be good looking or have a good job or money. All they had to do was simply approach them and ...... article continued on page 85.

Every guy on the planet was going "where's page 85. Where's page 85."

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
              One of the best April Fool's Jokes that I have come across came from an article in "Men's Health" magazine. It stated that a poll of several thousand women ages 18 to 50 was conducted asking them what it takes for them to be willing to sleep with a man. Researchers were astonished to find that men did not have to be good looking or have a good job or money. All they had to do was simply approach them and ...... article continued on page 85.

Every guy on the planet was going "where's page 85. Where's page 85."

c.d.
              I wonder if anyone in the UK remembers an April Fools joke from the early 70's.
              It was a square of thousands of dots about 3" x 3" in a newspaper, and the caption underneath said the square was specially treated, and to cut the square out and soak it in a glass of water. After so many hours it will turn into a glass of beer.

I know hundreds who fell for that one. On the reverse of the square it said in small print 'April Fool', but I guess not many bothered to look.
              Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
                I wonder if anyone in the UK remembers an April Fools joke from the early 70's.
                It was a square of thousands of dots about 3" x 3" in a newspaper, and the caption underneath said the square was specially treated, and to cut the square out and soak it in a glass of water. After so many hours it will turn into a glass of beer.

I know hundreds who fell for that one. On the reverse of the square it said in small print 'April Fool', but I guess not many bothered to look.
                In Sweden, back in the late sixties, it was stated in a tv programme that it wass unneccessary to buy an expensive colour tv - all you needed to do to get colour tv from your black and white unit, was to buy a pair of pantyhose, cut them open and tape them over the screen.
                The sales of pantyhose rocketed the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
                  In Sweden, back in the late sixties, it was stated in a tv programme that it wass unneccessary to buy an expensive colour tv - all you needed to do to get colour tv from your black and white unit, was to buy a pair of pantyhose, cut them open and tape them over the screen.
                  The sales of pantyhose rocketed the next day.
                  LOL! Of course the greatest fake news hoax of all time was the Orson wells alien invasion radio broadcast hoax from the 30's I believe? That one literally had people running in the streets!
                  "Is all that we see or seem
                  but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
                  quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
                    LOL! Of course the greatest fake news hoax of all time was the Orson wells alien invasion radio broadcast hoax from the 30's I believe? That one literally had people running in the streets!
                    I read stories about water towers being shot at, thinking they were huge aliens on four legs
                    Yeh, that was brilliant...
                    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Aw, come on, guys, 'The War of the Worlds" radio broadcast wasn't intentionally a hoax. Welles just wanted to try something cutting-edge in his radio drama, by using the sort of "breaking news" bulletins radio listeners already were familiar with to add a sense of "realism" to his spooky progam about invaders from Mars.

It backfired, spectularly. But it was hardly an April Fool's Day joke.
                      Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
                      ---------------
                      Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
                      ---------------

Comment

Working...
                      X