What if Lechmere wasn't Cross

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GUT View Post
    I'm still researching it, not ready to say it is so just yet, but a chance at least.
    Originally posted by MrBarnett View Post
    Well, the false name issue goes out of the window, as does any suggestion that Lechmere's absent father and (possibly) controlling mother shaped his personality negatively.

The geographical stuff, the 'blood evidence' and the Mizen scam aren't affected.

As for the possible 'cat's meat' connection, well that would depend on how long the guy had associated with the Lechmeres.
    Yes but those arguments have very little merit anyway. The false name which is easily traceable to Lechmere anyway is crucial to the Lechmere theory if it turns out it wasn't even a false name and the proponents of the theory haven't even got the right man it makes the theory laughable as well as pathetic not that I don't think it's pathetic as it is.

Comment

Originally posted by John Wheat View Post
      I hope it's true. Would leave the posters who tell all and sundry that Lechmere was the Ripper with egg on their face.
      Once the research on this is over and done with, and it has turned out that there is not a hint anywhere about a second carman living together with the Lechmeres - and we will get there - I will decidedly not remind you of this post of yours.

Thatīs because we all have different aims with our ripperology.

Comment

Originally posted by GUT View Post
        I've mentioned this on another thread, but

I have found a couple of Charles Crosses that look to be related to Lechmere's step father. Also a George (you know like he was called in one paper). I haven't yet confirmed the relationship with certainty, but it looks promising.

Even more interesting one of the Charles left England in late 1888.

Now if one was living with the Lechmere family in 1888 and was the finder of Polly, what impact does that have on the Lechmere theory.
        The suggestion that Charles Lechmere was not the person who found Polly Nichols has actually been mooted before. By Karen Trenouth.

So you are not alone.

Comment

But if it was Lechmere who found Polly, can we really say with certainty what name he gave to the Police when he made his statement? Do we have a copy of his written down statement to the Police?

Comment

Originally posted by Fisherman View Post
            Once the research on this is over and done with, and it has turned out that there is not a hint anywhere about a second carman living together with the Lechmeres - and we will get there - I will decidedly not remind you of this post of yours.

Thatīs because we all have different aims with our ripperology.
            Whatever Lechmere is a crap suspect regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by MysterySinger View Post
              But if it was Lechmere who found Polly, can we really say with certainty what name he gave to the Police when he made his statement? Do we have a copy of his written down statement to the Police?
              Once again, if he gave the police ANOTHER name than Charles Cross, then why did the police not take that name down? Why did they on their own accord decide to call him Charles Cross instead?

It would be fun to have all statements and reports, but in some instances we actually donīt need them.
              Last edited by Fisherman; 01-16-2017, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Whatever Lechmere is a crap suspect regardless.
                Once proven correct about Lechmere, I will decidedly not remind you of this effort of yours either. And for the exact same reason.

What a lucky man you are.

Comment

Once proven correct about Lechmere, I will decidedly not remind you of this effort of yours either. And for the exact same reason.

What a lucky man you are.
                  I'm not sure I follow what you're blithering on about. If you mean Lechmere will be proven to be the Carman you've put so much effort into falsifying a case against then I think that likely. If you're referring to Lechmere being proven to be the Ripper. You're totally deluded. Lechmere can't be proven to be the Ripper as he so clearly isn't. At best Lechmere is a terrible Ripper suspect.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow what you're blithering on about. If you mean Lechmere will be proven to be the Carman you've put so much effort into falsifying a case against then I think that likely. If you're referring to Lechmere being proven to be the Ripper. You're totally deluded. Lechmere can't be proven to be the Ripper as he so clearly isn't. At best Lechmere is a terrible Ripper suspect.
                    See my post on the other thread about fanatism.

Comment

See my post on the other thread about fanatism.
                      I have and that post is wrong.

Comment

Once again, if he gave the police ANOTHER name than Charles Cross, then why did the police not take that name down? Why did they on their own accord decide to call him Charles Cross instead?

It would be fun to have all statements and reports, but in some instances we actually donīt need them.
                        But the fact is that you cannot know what name carman Cross gave the Police, nor can you know what name they took down, and what do you mean by "decide to call him Charles Cross"?. Where is anything written down by the Police? As far as I can tell all we know is what the reporters chose to write up from Polly's inquest - and even that may not give a complete picture..

That is supposition on the part of those who are attempting make Cross out as the Ripper.

Comment

But the fact is that you cannot know what name carman Cross gave the Police, nor can you know what name they took down, and what do you mean by "decide to call him Charles Cross"?. Where is anything written down by the Police? As far as I can tell all we know is what the reporters chose to write up from Polly's inquest - and even that may not give a complete picture..

That is supposition on the part of those who are attempting make Cross out as the Ripper.
                          Of course it's supposition the whole case against Lechmere is a mixture of supposition and complete and utter bullshit.

Comment

There are police reports from the 19:th of september and the 19:th of october, naming the carman. As Cross, incidentally.

Comment

Working...
                            X