Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Background on Trump and Zucker, chief of CNN news

Originally posted by Abby Normal View Post
    CNN has gotten so hopelessly obsessed with Donald Trump that since his election 90 percent of its headlines and main stories are about him. FAke news, flat out errors, twisting of headlines so that every story, no matter how peripheral they try to tie to him and with a negative spin. They have gotten so bad that even liberal leaning people I know, and there's a lot of them, even say that they don't even believe CNN anymore. CNN has become the National Enquirer of national news.

It be laughable if it wasn't so sad.
    The funny thing is, Trump and Jeff Zucker of CNN were once on good terms.

Trump thinks he got Zucker his job, though the latter is less sure of that. Trump now feels betrayed, which is pretty standard operating procedure for him.
    Most interesting in the above article is that CNN is about news as entertainment, and in that regard, Trump is a gold mine for them. Stories about Trump sell views, that's all.

I prefer Politico.com or the BBC News, myself-- as well as "the failing" New York Times.
    Pat D. https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...rt/reading.gif
    ---------------
    Von Konigswald: Jack the Ripper plays shuffleboard. -- Happy Birthday, Wanda June by Kurt Vonnegut, c.1970.
    ---------------

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger View Post
      I'm completely in love with him. This is the first POTUS in my adult life (I'm 56) who puts America's interests ahead of a poliical party's. That's appalled a lot of the career politicians, but I think it's way too late to put the cat back into the bag. I don't expect American politics to return to business as usual any time soon.
      That is why you can't see/ or understand so many of the complaints against him.... no offence, but it's true.. the people who really love Trump blindly love him...sure, it is like that way with other politicians but...remember, Trump was to be the Anti- Politician....there are many things to be against with his administration as a whole...giving the Alt-right such a platform and power...constantly changing their story on people...such as claiming they are important, then when the crap comes out against them all of the sudden they are " someone who had a limited role...or someone who was not important".....also.... so many people who are cheering Trump for his decision in Syria are the same people who voted against letting Obama take action....and also, so many in the public saying how great it is he "bombed" Syria are the same people who agreed with Trump when he would tweet that Obama should stay out... and it's none of our business...well which one is it.... President Trump has every right to (and SHOULD be able to ) change his mind on these things.... but everyone else.....come on.. makes you all look like mindless followers who would agree with whatever he said no matter what....Trump: "the sky is green".. His faithful: "oh look at the beautiful green sky"......plus these people BASHED Obama for going to congress and asking permission to take action (you know... they was the constitution says you should) ... talk about just being partisan....

Look...I am the one who has said from the get go, let's let Trump be Trump...see what happens...give him a chance...and I STILL FEEL THAT WAY...but, the hypocrisy of his defenders is mind boggling....he has made TERRIBLE decisions on personal, and his own behavior (stop quoting what you see on TV without researching.. it looks bad when the President is called out on his falsehoods, then says.. "well that is what people were saying") you are the POTUS.. act like it....stop tweeting like a child having a temper tantrum.... not saying he should stop tweeting....I like a President who is open...but come on... he sounds like a child half the time.....and stop blaming others for actions...."it was Obama, it was the Generals, it was Clinton"...it was friggin Santa Claus..who cares... you are the President.. .ACT LIKE IT....

I hope Trump does a wonderful job... I respect and support the office of the commander in chief no matter who is in it (so far).. and I believe if he really wants to unite the country he can.... but so far he just plays the Republican strong hold card.. and he divides the country further....

With respect to Syria.. it was a joke.. calling Russia in advance (who in turn warned Syria).. dropping bombs that did NO DAMAGE.. the airfield was up and running THE NEXT DAY...grandstanding after like you are the worlds savior....and denying that for years you were STRONGLY against what you did.. as were your supporters....it seemed like a giant publicity stunt...almost like trying to deflect attention...I am not saying it was... but that is how it came off......

again... I want our President (yes OUR....I don't care if you are Red/Blue ultra Lib or Ultra CON...) to do the best job he can...and will support him until such time as they prove not to be trusted or supported (No I am not saying in his case... I mean in general..) I think we as a country need to really find the common ground and come together... but so many people, on both sides, will never do that...and the proof is Trump supporters cheering all his moves,, even though they are sometimes the OPPOSITE of what he has said.... and Trump bashers booing everything... even when he does something they want.....was the same with Obama, And Bush and Clinton and on and on....the difference is this time we were suppose to have the "outsider" but it's business as usual....

Steadmund Brand
      "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by Pcdunn View Post
        Most interesting in the above article is that CNN is about news as entertainment, and in that regard, Trump is a gold mine for them. Stories about Trump sell views, that's all.
        That's exactly how I see it, Trump is a gift-horse for CNN. His incompetent administration can provide CNN with an endless menu of related topics to pursue.
        I noticed their tendency to 'make news' rather than report news way back with the disappearance of MH-370. Asking the same questions to different panels of guests, hour after hour, it was mind-numbing at times.

I prefer Politico.com or the BBC News, myself-- as well as "the failing" New York Times.
        :-) I figured if I said that it might be seen as merely bias, but yes, if you want a more balanced view of what is happening in the world tune in to BBC World News - I find it refreshing when compared to the likes of CNN who often take a more internal focus.

Another annoying aspect of CNN, for me at least, is that after reporting some major event around the world like the earthquake/tsunami off Sumatra in 2016, or the nuclear meltdown in Japan some years ago, they immediately go off on a tangent posing the question, "could that happen here?", which then occupies many hours of various guests invited to give their opinions on a "what-if" scenario - really, really annoying.

Just report the freaking news, quite trying to make it!
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Another annoying aspect of CNN, for me at least, is that after reporting some major event around the world like the earthquake/tsunami off Sumatra in 2016, or the nuclear meltdown in Japan some years ago, they immediately go off on a tangent posing the question, "could that happen here?", which then occupies many hours of various guests invited to give their opinions on a "what-if" scenario - really, really annoying.

Just report the freaking news, quite trying to make it![/QUOTE]

Well said... but that is the problem with a "news network".. see in the past the entertainment on a network was to pay for the news .. so the news could be just that.. the news....the money was made with the sitcoms and sports... but now.. with "news networks" they have to be the news, and entertainment AND money maker....which is why it ISN'T NEWS ANYMORE...it's ...."watch what you agree with... never hear the facts....you are conservative...welcome to FOX News.. no need to think for yourself... oh, you are Liberal.... well here ya go MSNBC just for you.... drool away... no need to form an opinion we will for you"....
          in this day and age sadly the public doesn't want INFORMATION they want AFFIRMATION..

Steadmund Brand
          "The truth is what is, and what should be is a fantasy. A terrible, terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago."- Lenny Bruce

Comment

Originally posted by John G View Post
            In contrast, President Trump is essentially a pragmatist.
            I don't think he's a pragmatist, so much as content-free. Trump is pragmatic in the same sense that a lump of plasticine can be called "accommodating".
            Last edited by Sam Flynn; 04-14-2017, 05:49 AM.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Wickerman View Post
              That's exactly how I see it, Trump is a gift-horse for CNN. His incompetent administration can provide CNN with an endless menu of related topics to pursue.
              I noticed their tendency to 'make news' rather than report news way back with the disappearance of MH-370. Asking the same questions to different panels of guests, hour after hour, it was mind-numbing at times.

:-) I figured if I said that it might be seen as merely bias, but yes, if you want a more balanced view of what is happening in the world tune in to BBC World News - I find it refreshing when compared to the likes of CNN who often take a more internal focus.

Just report the freaking news, quite trying to make it!
              Totally agree wick. Another great point about how lame CNN has become-delusions of grandeur so much that they think they are soooo important that they ARE the news.

Remember when that total bonehead DAna Bash reported Ben Carson is suspending his campaign fiasco right be for I believe the Minnesota primary???? What a joke and she should have been at the very least suspended, let alone fired for an obvious tampering with an election. Remember how CNN is so so outraged by campaign tampering????? LOL!!!!!!!!!
              "Is all that we see or seem
              but a dream within a dream?"

-Edgar Allan Poe

"...the man and the peaked cap he is said to have worn
              quite tallies with the descriptions I got of him."

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Headlines on the website right now is "trump heads back to golf course as global tensions rise."

Hahahaha. Hopelessly obsessed.
                Like some loser stalker who can't get over losing the girl (election/congress/court etc.)

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Seems to me like you are just resting the equally hysterical attempts of the right to discredit the media.

Why don't you post a list of anti-trump articles they got wrong, and I post a list of anti-trump articles they got right?

Let me start with this one where Trump accused CNN's Acosta of being "fake news". Turns out of course, everything in this article is correct.

Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

In essence, CNN still has more credibility than the white house who almost daily come out with verifiable lies. And Trump and the right obviously don't like the fact that they are being corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post
                    Seems to me like you are just resting the equally hysterical attempts of the right to discredit the media.

Why don't you post a list of anti-trump articles they got wrong, and I post a list of anti-trump articles they got right?

Let me start with this one where Trump accused CNN's Acosta of being "fake news". Turns out of course, everything in this article is correct.

Classified documents presented last week to President Obama and President-elect Trump included allegations that Russian operatives claim to have compromising personal and financial information about Mr. Trump, multiple US officials with direct knowledge of the briefings tell CNN.

In essence, CNN still has more credibility than the white house who almost daily come out with verifiable lies. And Trump and the right obviously don't like the fact that they are being corrected.
                    There shouldn't be ANTI articles of any kind. There should simply be a presentation of the facts as they're understood. That's it. The issue is that these ANTI angles, taken by Fox against Obama, CNN, et al, against Trump have diminished the media to the point that few people trust them. Few people believe them....and when that happens you get people like Donald Trump winning elections.

The US media has had a hard time staying in the center of the road since Reagan. The big three networks LOATHED Reagan. And they didn't try to hide it. George H. W. Bush was an incredibly popular president in 1990. After the big three tuned him up, he was vulnerable. Along came Bill Clinton........he was completely unelectable six months before the 1992 election. It was really remarkable to watch. The narrative for Bush was that he was a liar because he said 'no new taxes' and then....well...along came a few new taxes (as least as the media told it). Clinton, although Jennifer Flowers came out and people in Arkansas were telling anyone who would listen about his character.....we were told that didn't matter. So, what DID matter? Because his track record as governor was abysmal, too. Anyone paying attention saw what mattered, at least to the media: HE as a democrat. Democrat good. Republican bad.

So, what did we get? A national embarrassment. Blow jobs in the oval office. The highest office diminished. Who could have seen it coming? Impeachment? Never good. So, what was the media narrative then? Ken Starr = evil! Witch hunt! It's JUST sex! And yeah...he LIED! He lied under oath...maybe (depends on what you mean by "is")....but it wasn't a REAL lie. It wasn't a BAD lie! Can't we just get back to business America? This is a DISTRACTION?

In the end, Rush Limbaugh gained popularity. Fox News gained steam. These outlets are not 'fair and balanced'. They are simply the mirror image of what the mainstream media had become. Even as they denied it the veneer of impartiality was gone.

Now we have Trump. Every bit as much of a buffoon as Clinton. Probably more so. It's pretty close. Clinton's more personable. Better with a microphone. Yet, Trump seems far, far worse because, well, the media packages him that way. Grab them by the $ussy was a "DISQUALIFYING" statement! He said it. Clinton DID it, and worse....... And THAT was a distraction. A right wing conspiracy. Why the difference? That's easy: Democrat good. Republican bad.

In short, the media thinks they can piss on our heads and tell us it's raining. People are sick of it. Trump happened because of that. And unless the media can get back to what their role in our democracy is supposed to be we're going to continue to get Donald Trumps. Don't tell me what to think, tell me what YOU know. Sadly, the media as a whole is so unhinged they've gone the other way. Rather than learn the lesson, they've contracted full blown Trump Derangement Syndrome and there seems to be no cure. How does it end? That's easy: FOUR. MORE. YEARS.

Comment

Headlines on the website right now is "trump heads back to golf course as global tensions rise."

Hahahaha. Hopelessly obsessed.
                      Like some loser stalker who can't get over losing the girl (election/congress/court etc.)
                      You forget about the food safety "violations" at Mar-a-Lago.

Comment

Originally posted by Svensson View Post

That report you linked to contains a major error. It is fake news. The pissgate allegations against Trump are uncorroborated. The allegations are laughable. There is an element of truth to the story, but it is at the same time wrong on so many levels. It is as real or fake as anyone wishes to interpret it as. Trump says it's fake and he is correct; CNN say it's real and they are correct.

Having said all that CNN imo were wrong to run with the story. Some of the particulars of the story were true, but it really shouldn't have been on anyones news feed that day. It was not newsworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Patrick S View Post
                          There shouldn't be ANTI articles of any kind. There should simply be a presentation of the facts as they're understood. That's it. The issue is that these ANTI angles, taken by Fox against Obama, CNN, et al, against Trump have diminished the media to the point that few people trust them. Few people believe them....and when that happens you get people like Donald Trump winning elections.

The US media has had a hard time staying in the center of the road since Reagan. The big three networks LOATHED Reagan. And they didn't try to hide it. George H. W. Bush was an incredibly popular president in 1990. After the big three tuned him up, he was vulnerable. Along came Bill Clinton........he was completely unelectable six months before the 1992 election. It was really remarkable to watch. The narrative for Bush was that he was a liar because he said 'no new taxes' and then....well...along came a few new taxes (as least as the media told it). Clinton, although Jennifer Flowers came out and people in Arkansas were telling anyone who would listen about his character.....we were told that didn't matter. So, what DID matter? Because his track record as governor was abysmal, too. Anyone paying attention saw what mattered, at least to the media: HE as a democrat. Democrat good. Republican bad.

So, what did we get? A national embarrassment. Blow jobs in the oval office. The highest office diminished. Who could have seen it coming? Impeachment? Never good. So, what was the media narrative then? Ken Starr = evil! Witch hunt! It's JUST sex! And yeah...he LIED! He lied under oath...maybe (depends on what you mean by "is")....but it wasn't a REAL lie. It wasn't a BAD lie! Can't we just get back to business America? This is a DISTRACTION?

In the end, Rush Limbaugh gained popularity. Fox News gained steam. These outlets are not 'fair and balanced'. They are simply the mirror image of what the mainstream media had become. Even as they denied it the veneer of impartiality was gone.

Now we have Trump. Every bit as much of a buffoon as Clinton. Probably more so. It's pretty close. Clinton's more personable. Better with a microphone. Yet, Trump seems far, far worse because, well, the media packages him that way. Grab them by the $ussy was a "DISQUALIFYING" statement! He said it. Clinton DID it, and worse....... And THAT was a distraction. A right wing conspiracy. Why the difference? That's easy: Democrat good. Republican bad.

In short, the media thinks they can piss on our heads and tell us it's raining. People are sick of it. Trump happened because of that. And unless the media can get back to what their role in our democracy is supposed to be we're going to continue to get Donald Trumps. Don't tell me what to think, tell me what YOU know. Sadly, the media as a whole is so unhinged they've gone the other way. Rather than learn the lesson, they've contracted full blown Trump Derangement Syndrome and there seems to be no cure. How does it end? That's easy: FOUR. MORE. YEARS.
                          Great post.
                          But I don't think any president can be as big as a buffoon as Clinton. Actually He was worse than a buffoon. He was a dooshbag clown who used his power his entire career to **** on people. And his wife is no better. His littles right hand woman. His toady who stuck up for him and helped to attack and drag down anyone who stood up to him. There marriage is a sham. It's a power relationship where they knew they had to stick together or else they're more vulnerable. The scandelclan.

Oh and the womanizing, cheating, abuse charges and blow bobs in the Oval Office from an intern? It had real consequences. Friends of ours who had kids in middle school were telling us the nightmare of kids harassing girls for blow bobs because you know, it isn't really sex. Totally true story. And sad.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

I don't think any president can be as big as a buffoon as Clinton.
                            I'd have said "Dubya", but he's since been trumped. How can such patently unqualified people even be allowed to run for office, let alone get the job? In any other profession, both would have been sifted out before getting to the interview stage.
                            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
                              I'd have said "Dubya", but he's since been trumped. How can such patently unqualified people even be allowed to run for office, let alone get the job? In any other profession, both would have been sifted out before getting to the interview stage.
                              Nah. Dubyas so called stupidity is a fictional invention than the holier than thou and smarter than thou demi's. no one with a wife that cute and kicked ass after 911 could be that bad. Oh yeah. He never raped anyone either.

-Edgar Allan Poe

-Frederick G. Abberline

Comment

Originally posted by jason_c View Post
                                That report you linked to contains a major error. It is fake news. The pissgate allegations against Trump are uncorroborated.
                                The article is not about the content of the dosier, the article is about the secret services briefing Trump and the then administration Obama\Biden about the existence of the dossier. This reporting has been confirmed as correct, so the article is not fake news.

The allegations are laughable.
                                Yes, but that doesn't mean that none of this is correct. Either way, at the time CNN were reporting on this, the explicitly stated:
                                "At this point, CNN is not reporting on details of the memos, as it has not independently corroborated the specific allegations"

There is an element of truth to the story, but it is at the same time wrong on so many levels. It is as real or fake as anyone wishes to interpret it as. Trump says it's fake and he is correct; CNN say it's real and they are correct.

Having said all that CNN imo were wrong to run with the story. Some of the particulars of the story were true, but it really shouldn't have been on anyones news feed that day. It was not newsworthy.
                                But CNN did not report on he content of the dossier, they reported on the fact that a dossier exists and that after several months of investigation by FBI and CIA, it is still not concluded and that in the eyes of the secret services, the possibility that Russia had compromising information on Trump could not be discounted.

Besides, I think it is newsworthy if the secret services are investigating whether or not an adversary power has leverage over the president or not.

Comment

Working...
                                X