No announcement yet.

A major breakthrough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, this should be interesting. I've had an interest in TBI, Neurological Disorders and MHD in violent offenders for more than twenty years so I'll await the outcome of this one with some interest.

Comment

You have got to be kidding right? Jack the Ripper had mental issues... no way, here is me thinking the person who killed poor Mary was a completely sane and normal person who was a fine upstanding member of society.

However your sequence of events seem rather off. Over a year ago you claimed to have found him NOW you claim you have found a BEV. Surely the BEV would have come before the 'I've found him' exclamation. Cart before the horse methinks...

...Biological explanatory variable <---- I was at least hoping for a jizz stain on a shawl or sock.... ah well. Back under the rock I crawl.

Comment

Pierre, you are citing a source from an unnamed archive stating that the killer had an unspecified brain 'problem'. Without wishing to compromise your source, may I ask if this is from medical records or other official, medical notes?

Comment

Originally posted by MsWeatherwax View Post
          Pierre, you are citing a source from an unnamed archive
          And did you notice, MsWeatherwax, that he said it was in "the archive". Not an archive, but the archive. Like we are all supposed to know what he means.

Well he has used the expression "the archive" previously on the forum when referring to the British Newspaper Archive.

So, if he's doing it again, he doesn't actually mean he has found something in an archive, he means he has found something in a newspaper!

Comment

Originally posted by MsWeatherwax View Post
            Pierre, you are citing a source from an unnamed archive stating that the killer had an unspecified brain 'problem'. Without wishing to compromise your source, may I ask if this is from medical records or other official, medical notes?
            Hi,

It is a medical record/medical note in an archive.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre View Post
              It is a medical record/medical note in an archive.
              Interesting that you now say "an archive" Pierre.

Do you mind if I ask you why you said earlier today, "But I did find it in the archive yesterday"? Was the reference to "the archive" just a careless typing error or did you actually mean to type that? If so, why did you refer to it as "the archive" rather than "an archive"?

Comment

I did not expect to find it in this case. I had not even been thinking about it.

But I did find it in the archive yesterday.
                So you've found a "biological explanatory variable" without looking for it. I'm puzzled. How do you find something you are not looking for in an archive unless you are, at least sub-consciously, looking for it?
                I won't always agree but I'll try not to be disagreeable.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridewell View Post
                  So you've found a "biological explanatory variable" without looking for it. I'm puzzled. How do you find something you are not looking for in an archive unless you are, at least sub-consciously, looking for it?
                  Hi Bridewell,

When you research an object or subject you must of course try and find every existing source for it. That is when you find new sources with content you did not expect.

Regards, Pierre

Comment

When you research an object or subject you must of course try and find every existing source for it. That is when you find new sources with content you did not expect.
                    So you were looking for something about your suspect in the archive, sorry in an archive, and you stumbled unexpectedly on his medical notes (or medical record) in that archive?

Have I got that right?

Comment

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                      So you were looking for something about your suspect in the archive, sorry in an archive, and you stumbled unexpectedly on his medical notes (or medical record) in that archive?

Have I got that right?
                      Why do you impose your interpretation of my texts on me?

Canīt you understand what I am writing?

Stick to the subject.

Comment

Why do you impose your interpretation of my texts on me?

Canīt you understand what I am writing?

Stick to the subject.
                        I don't see how it is possible for you to characterize my post as me imposing my interpretation of your "texts" on you considering that I was asking you a question and expressly offering you the opportunity to correct me if I was wrong.

Can I understand what you are writing? No, not at all Pierre which is why I asked you the question. My question was directly on the subject of this thread and I regret to say that you are giving the impression of evading that question.

I will ask the question again in a slightly different form if it helps:

Is it the case that you were looking for something about your suspect in the archive, sorry in an archive, and you stumbled unexpectedly on his medical notes (or medical record) in that archive?

Comment

Originally posted by David Orsam View Post
                          I don't see how it is possible for you to characterize my post as me imposing my interpretation of your "texts" on you considering that I was asking you a question and expressly offering you the opportunity to correct me if I was wrong.

Can I understand what you are writing? No, not at all Pierre which is why I asked you the question. My question was directly on the subject of this thread and I regret to say that you are giving the impression of evading that question.

I will ask the question again in a slightly different form if it helps:

Is it the case that you were looking for something about your suspect in the archive, sorry in an archive, and you stumbled unexpectedly on his medical notes (or medical record) in that archive?
                          It is in #11.

Comment

It is in #11.
                            Forgive me Pierre but that is simply not the case.

All you say in #11 is that you found a "biological explanatory variable...in the archive yesterday" - later narrowed down to a medical record - and that you did so having not expected to find it and not even thinking about it.

My question is asking you something you have not said, namely:

Is it the case that you were looking for something about your suspect in that archive and you stumbled unexpectedly on his medical record (or medical notes) in that archive?

Just to explain in case it's unclear: You have not told us if you were looking for something about your suspect in that archive nor have you told us if you stumbled unexpectedly on his medical record in that archive.

Is it possible you can answer my question rather than continually evade it?

Comment

If I had a dollar for everytime Pierre said bs, I'd make Bill Gates look homeless.
                              “If I cannot bend heaven, I will raise hell.”

Comment

Originally posted by JadenCollins View Post
                                If I had a dollar for everytime Pierre said bs, I'd make Bill Gates look homeless.
                                Yep. Full on.
                                G U T

There are two ways to be fooled, one is to believe what isn't true, the other is to refuse to believe that which is true.

Comment

Working...
                                X