GSG because of Schwartz?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSG because of Schwartz?

If JtR was interrupted by Schwartz and made the racial slur 'Lipski' would this not explain the second anti-semetic statement, the GSG, as a comment about Schwartz?

Basically JtR is saying in the GSG that Jews (like Schwartz) are ignorant and to blame.
    Bona fide canonical and then some.

Funny, you don't look Jewish.

Hello Batman. Interesting thought.

Of course, IF BS man existed and Schwartz's story were true, this drunken bloke, in the heat of a fracas, would need to recognise that Schwartz were, indeed, Jewish. And that with a passing glance and no Ancestry.com. (heh-heh)

Cheers.
    LC

Comment

Originally posted by Batman View Post
      If JtR was interrupted by Schwartz and made the racial slur 'Lipski' would this not explain the second anti-semetic statement, the GSG, as a comment about Schwartz?

Basically JtR is saying in the GSG that Jews (like Schwartz) are ignorant and to blame.
      Hi Batman.

This is indeed how I've come to interpret the GSG (it's somewhere in the casebook).

I therefore agree entirely.

Comment

Jack killed twice quite near Jewish social clubs also. I happen to think he did so deliberately.

Comment

I don't believe BS was the Ripper in the first place, so no.

Comment

I think if lipski was written at pinchin torso it's the same spot where Schwartz was chased after being called lipski

Comment

Originally posted by DVV View Post
              Hi Batman.

This is indeed how I've come to interpret the GSG (it's somewhere in the casebook).

I therefore agree entirely.
              Probably from this?

- Schwartz is seen by the Ripper immediately after he attacks, but doesn't yet kill, Stride.

- Angered, and perhaps frightened of capture, he shouts "Lipski!" at Schwartz, who is later described as being of considerable Jewish appearance.

-The killer returns to his work and kills Stride, but is again interrupted -- this time by Louis Diemschutz, another Jew.

- Frustrated with the Diemshutz interruption (which prevents him from mutilating Stride), the Ripper searches for another victim, finding Catharine Eddowes in Mitre Square.

- Fleeing quickly back into the heart of Whitechapel after killing Eddowes, the killer discards a piece of her bloody apron in Goulston Street.

- Angered at having had to rush his "work" because of the interruptions of two Jews, the Ripper writes the cryptic "Juwes" message on the wall above the apron.

Comment

Frightened of capture? For what? Pushing a woman to the ground? Certainly people (criminals included) do dumb things from time to time but going on to kill Stride after being seen by Schwartz would not be real bright especially since it would be reasonable to assume that Schwartz had run off to find the nearest policeman.

c.d.

Comment

Originally posted by c.d. View Post
                  Frightened of capture? For what? Pushing a woman to the ground? Certainly people (criminals included) do dumb things from time to time but going on to kill Stride after being seen by Schwartz would not be real bright especially since it would be reasonable to assume that Schwartz had run off to find the nearest policeman.

c.d.
                  But what if stride now might realize who is the ripper is? If the ripper wasn't attacking her than who was?

Comment

B S

Hello Harry.

"I don't believe BS was the Ripper. . . "

Agreed. However, the ripper was BS.

Cheers.
                    LC

Comment

acute

Hello CD. Quite.

Acute post.

Cheers.
                      LC

Comment

Hello Rocky,

How would Stride know that the man who pushed her to the ground was the Ripper? What if Stride mouthed off to him or refused to move from where she was standing and that provoked the B.S. man?

I can't imagine that a woman standing alone late at night in Whitechapel getting hassled by a possibly drunk man was a unique event.

c.d.

Comment

I think the graffito was written to either mean Schwartz was to blame for interrupting or because the killing was outside Jewish club and shouted lipski police meant suspect a Jewish ripper.

Cd, stride might have known BS man from the street. The actions of Bs & pipeman seem so strange, we don't know what the assault was over if it wasn't murder? Wtf was pipeman doing just walking up and growing stride down? And pipeman already in a doorway when BS man grabbed stride. Did BS man go to get cachous for stride while pipeman & liz waited? What building was pipeman standing in the doorway of
                          Last edited by RockySullivan; 11-30-2014, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Or what if BSman was trying to grab the candy and that's why stride had her fist clenched grasping the candy.

Comment

Originally posted by RockySullivan View Post
                              Or what if BSman was trying to grab the candy and that's why stride had her fist clenched grasping the candy.
                              The question is how did the cachous survive Liz being thrown to the ground and pushing herself back up without spilling?

c.d.

Comment

Working...
                              X