Fake reviews on-line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 007 View Post
    How sad that these fake reviews happen. Once again, the "goodness" of mankind proves itself a myth.
    Who told you that myth?
    Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Originally posted by HelenaWojtczak View Post
      Who told you that myth?
      I've heard it and read it many times from many folks over the decades. I generally just chuckle to myself when hearing it. It's a nice sentiment, but not reflective of reality, IMHO.
      Bond. Greg Bond

Comment

I've only ever reviewed one book on Amazon, and that was Chris Scott's recent novel, The King Sword...I gave it a four star rating (which may even be a tad ungenerous) because I thought the book thoroughly deserved it...If I thought otherwise I doubt I'd have bothered reviewing it...

I don't see the point in publishing a fake review...it discredits both the reviewer and the website as much as it does the auuthor concerned...and longer term who's fooled by it?

All the best

Dave

Comment

Maybe it's the pain pills talking, but I can't imagine feeling so passionate about a book to write a review, positive or negative. I think I've always viewed online reviews as a little suspect, assuming them to either be the product of the authors friends, or the product of a bunch of people who honestly believe I give a crap what they think. And that can't be sane. Right?
          The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by Errata View Post
            Maybe it's the pain pills talking, but I can't imagine feeling so passionate about a book to write a review, positive or negative.
            I do occasionally leave reviews. Negative to warn people before they buy that the book is full of nonsense or badly-written etc; positive if I want to congratulate the author.

Authors do read their Amazon reviews, so it's a way to give them feedback direct rather than going through the tedious business of writing to them snail mail via the publisher.
            Helena Wojtczak BSc (Hons) FRHistS.

Author of 'Jack the Ripper at Last? George Chapman, the Southwark Poisoner'. Click this link : - http://www.hastingspress.co.uk/chapman.html

Comment

Working...
            X