The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DJA View Post

Strongly suspect it was ripped and bloodied in Mitre Square and doubt that "hurt and Robinson" would gain credence if they gave false evidence.
    doenst matter how accurate the sketch is now it wasnt made at the time, and that makes a difference to the whole picture from an evidence perspective it is secondary evidence and is not that accurate as far as the abdomen and the clothing is concerned.

www.trevormarriott.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by Trevor Marriott View Post

He was not in Mitre sq the night of the murder so the victims body sketch was not made at the time by him and is not accurate

www.trevormarriott.co.uk
      Sketch was by Dr Brown, and is accurate

Comment

• Originally posted by Jon Guy View Post

Sketch was by Dr Brown, and is accurate
        We don’t know,that the chances are that foster prepared the sketch based on browns descriptions
        if brown had drawn it he would produced it and referenced it

Comment

We don’t know,that the chances are that foster prepared the sketch based on browns descriptions

www.trevormarriott
          We`ve already discussed this a few years back, Trev.
          I thought it was Foster at the time, but was corrected.

Comment

The sketch shows the positioning of the body, pools of blood and a (rough) depiction of the major injuries, but not all. It's certainly not meant to be a fashion drawing, so we shouldn't expect it to depict her clothing accurately.
            Kind regards, Sam Flynn

"Suche Nullen" (Nietzsche, Götzendämmerung, 1888)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post
              The sketch shows the positioning of the body, pools of blood and a (rough) depiction of the major injuries, but not all. It's certainly not meant to be a fashion drawing, so we shouldn't expect it to depict her clothing accurately.
              But the positioning of the clothing, and the position of any apron are of great importance to use today, but clearly not so at the time. One thing for sure it does not show any clothing up around her neck ,i.e.the remains of an apron. In fact we know the clothes were up above her waist. So when you look at it, it is not that accurate in every sense.

Comment

• The apron section found at Goulston was matched with the remaining apron Kate was wearing by the repair marks....so, why is this posing a problem? This was not a small piece either, it was around 2 x 2 if recollection serves.
                Michael Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by APerno View Post
                  In regards to Kate using the piece of apron as a sanitary napkin and then dropping it next to the graffito, do we have any clue if Kate would/could have passed by Goulston street once released from the drunk tank? I.e. Is there a reasonable guess as to the route Kate traveled to Mitre Square?
                  When she left that drunk tank it was noted that she didn't turn in the direction of the shortest route to where she lived with Kelly, she turned instead in the direction of the markets where she earn the money for food and her bed.

What she sold is anyone's guess but I reckon she sold herself and bought some tea for herself, some needles and pins, a thimble, a second-hand apron that needed repairs, 12 pieces of rag that she could use to patch other second hand clothes etc etc at the Clothes Fair at Petticoat Lane and put them in her pockets so she could mend
                  them. Then met her last customer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vintage-petticoat-lane-3.jpg
Views:	869
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	715898

Comment

But the positioning of the clothing, and the position of any apron are of great importance to use today, but clearly not so at the time. One thing for sure it does not show any clothing up around her neck ,i.e.the remains of an apron. In fact we know the clothes were up above her waist. So when you look at it, it is not that accurate in every sense.
                    It's not anatomically accurate or complete either. The sketch shows only one short length of small intestine draped over her right shoulder, when in fact the intestines were "drawn out to a large extent". I'd guess that Brown only intended the drawing to be a basic aide-memoire (hence the pithy annotations like "clot blood").
                    Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post
                      When she left that drunk tank it was noted that she didn't turn in the direction of the shortest route to where she lived with Kelly, she turned instead in the direction of the markets where she earn the money for food and her bed.
                      The market wasn't open when she left the cells, and even the stalls wouldn't have been set up at that early hour.
                      Kind regards, Sam Flynn

Comment

The original is quite detailed and shows clothing covering the sternum.
                        My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael W Richards View Post
                          The apron section found at Goulston was matched with the remaining apron Kate was wearing by the repair marks....so, why is this posing a problem? This was not a small piece either, it was around 2 x 2 if recollection serves.
                          There is nothing to show the size on any of the pieces of apron

Comment

• Originally posted by Leanne View Post

What she sold is anyone's guess but I reckon she sold herself and bought some tea for herself, some needles and pins, a thimble, a second-hand apron that needed repairs, 12 pieces of rag that she could use to patch other second hand clothes etc etc at the Clothes Fair at Petticoat Lane and put them in her pockets so she could mend
                            them. Then met her last customer.

Name:	vintage-petticoat-lane-3.jpg
Views:	869
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	715898
                            She would have had time to make her way back to the area of Flower and dean Street where her lodgings were. She was seen to turn the opposite way to that location, but that doenst mean that she didnt turn around outside, or take another route back in that direction. She had ample time to make her way back and then return to Mitre Square

Either route would have take about the same time so, there was no quickest route.

yellow marks the routes she could have taken from police station of she had wanted to not withetanding any short cuts she knew of.
                            Green marks the routes back from Flower and dean Street location to Mitre Square
                            Blue spot Bishopgate PS
                            Blaclkspot Goulston St Archway

Name:	Eddowwes Routes small.jpg
Views:	825
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	715904

Comment

• Wouldn't she be sopping wet?
                              My name is Dave. You cannot reach me through Debs email account

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Flynn View Post

It's not anatomically accurate or complete either. The sketch shows only one short length of small intestine draped over her right shoulder, when in fact the intestines were "drawn out to a large extent". I'd guess that Brown only intended the drawing to be a basic aide-memoire (hence the pithy annotations like "clot blood").
                                Well one poster described the provenance as impeccable, that clearly is not the case, and it is another part of this mystery that does not stand up to close scrutiny, and therefore is unsafe to totally rely on.

Comment

Working...
                                X