The GSG - Did Jack write it? POLL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by packers stem View Post

The whole point of mentioning the chalk dust is that it wouldn't be mentioned as a possibility unless the writing was written above a dry flooring .
    It would be completely irrelevant at the foot of the jamb as the ground would have been soaked and Halse would have mentioned as such
    But Halse didn't say he looked for any chalk dust.
    He said he didn't notice any, not that he looked and didn't see any.
    Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by APerno View Post

I understand your point and I suspect I agree, but trying to test something like that would involve too many variables. The size of the chalk would have a major effect on the event; along with how fast he was writing, the type of surface, the condition of the surface, not to mention the already mentioned wind and dew.

The fact that someone looked for dust is interesting, it says they were trying to understand what they were looking at and were not just jumping to conclusions based solely on PC Long's claim.
      No-one says they looked for any chalk dust.
      Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Other than that everyone , press especially , jury spokesman even were astonished that he scrubbed it .
        The coroner wasn't shy about it , no worry over riots there
        As has been pointed out already
        He lied to cover himself , he wanted others to believe he had some sort of reasonable grounds for removing the message .
        To do this , the people he answered to needed to hear that it was on view to passers by
        Matthews had already told Warren that he must adhere to established rules, which Warren was not prepared to do.
        Warren couldn't care less what Matthews thought, Warren was not prepared to bend to Matthews wishes. Their relationship was over.
        You're flogging a dead horse. In other words, desperately looking for a reason to call Warren a liar.
        Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wickerman View Post

No-one says they looked for any chalk dust.
          I thought I read that above. Sorry!

Comment

• If the graffiti was written by the killer, and if the graffiti was deep inside the entry, then how on earth was he able to see what he was writing at ten minutes to two o'clock in the morning?

The graffiti was small and insignificant, not emblazoned across an outside wall announcing to the world his justification for the mutilations.
            This tenement was principally occupied by Jews, no doubt many could speak English, but reading English is another matter entirely.

Any killer who derives pleasure from leaving mutilated bodies exposed to full view of the passing public, is not going to leave an obscure miniature missive in some dark corner.

Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Wentworth Dwellings were public access buildings. Ergo, the writing could be viewed by the public.

Warrens Nov 6th update would not have been compiled around his information only.

The writings removal complied with procedure, as seemingly highlighted by Arnold to Warren.

Monty
              Monty

https://forum.casebook.org/core/imag...t/evilgrin.gif

Author of Capturing Jack the Ripper.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1445621622

Comment

• [QUOTE=Leanne;n715079][QUOTE=packers stem;n714973]

It was never going to be a threat ..... because nobody could possibly walk past and read it , then ask themselves if it had something to do with JTR...... there's a presumption on my part that Warren would not wave the rag at them here

The only threat of riot was Berner Street where the met had locked up the entirety of the club as suspects with crowds outside baying for blood .He didn't seem overly concerned about that .
                The threat was all over the East End of London. Daylight was breaking and Goulston Street was soon to be crowded with the setting up of market stalls and Jewish plus English market shoppers. There was a fear that if they merely covered it up, someone would rip the cover down. It wasn't photographed because they didn't want to wait for the photographer to arrive.

I am not defending the decision to erase the whole thing and not just the word Jewes, but I am just relaying the reasons I found.
                HI Leanne
                I know the official slant
                it's just nonsense though
                Didn't need a cover , just a bobby standing in front of it .
                Think how legible half inch writing is (not capitals ) even from three to five yards .
                It could NOT be seen from the street
                Only residents coming down the stairs , most of whom were almost certainly illiterate and primarily Jewish , not sure why they would riot about it , are you ?
                Not only did they have to read it , they would have to associate it with a murder that they would have been aware of .
                Why anybody accepts the official line is one of the enduring myths of ripperology .
                I'm sure we're bright enough to spot bull**it aren't we ?
                If there were any concerns over riots then Berner Street was the place for it , not Goulston Street .
                I don't think they had the army on stand by ready as they locked all the Jewish club members away and interrogated them until 5am , despite knowing there was another murder following Stride
                You can lead a horse to water.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                  Wentworth Dwellings were public access buildings. Ergo, the writing could be viewed by the public.

Warrens Nov 6th update would not have been compiled around his information only.

The writings removal complied with procedure, as seemingly highlighted by Arnold to Warren.

Monty
                  Hi Monty, here's a question for you.
                  Precisely because the entry was accessible to the public, and because a beat constable's duties in part were to try any readily accessible doors & windows by which anyone could gain unlawful entry. Is it reasonable to expect PC Long stepped inside the entry to try that door to see if it was secure or to see if there were any homeless sleeping in any corners or on the steps?
                  Regards, Jon S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Monty View Post
                    Wentworth Dwellings were public access buildings. Ergo, the writing could be viewed by the public.

Monty
                    Who is in the habit of walking in and out of doorways at 6 am just to have a nosey around do you think ?
                    Its not like it was a public footpath
                    Can you think of good cause to be there if you don't live there ?

Comment

• Originally posted by APerno View Post

I thought I read that above. Sorry!
                      It's in the inquest testimony that Halse checked for chalk dust

Comment

Matthews had already told Warren that he must adhere to established rules, which Warren was not prepared to do.
                        Warren couldn't care less what Matthews thought, Warren was not prepared to bend to Matthews wishes. Their relationship was over.
                        You're flogging a dead horse. In other words, desperately looking for a reason to call Warren a liar.
                        I don't need a reason
                        What he said can't be reconciled with Long or Halse .
                        Only one of the three needed to make someone else believe that this was visible to passers by ..... no prizes

My horse is galloping not dead lol
                        Think again

Comment

I don't need a reason
                          What he said can't be reconciled with Long or Halse .
                          Only one of the three needed to make someone else believe that this was visible to passers by ..... no prizes

My horse is galloping not dead lol
                          Think again
                          Your horse is shitting on every thread.

Comment

It's in the inquest testimony that Halse checked for chalk dust
                            You're going to have to provide that quote.
                            Regards, Jon S.

Comment

Hi Monty, here's a question for you.
                              Precisely because the entry was accessible to the public, and because a beat constable's duties in part were to try any readily accessible doors & windows by which anyone could gain unlawful entry. Is it reasonable to expect PC Long stepped inside the entry to try that door to see if it was secure or to see if there were any homeless sleeping in any corners or on the steps?
                              It’s possible. Possibly not on every sweep. Depends on what has occurred previously during his beat. Remember they were timed.

Monty
                              Monty

Comment

Who is in the habit of walking in and out of doorways at 6 am just to have a nosey around do you think ?
                                Its not like it was a public footpath
                                Can you think of good cause to be there if you don't live there ?
                                I cite Martha Tabram and, though to a lesser extent, Annie Chapman.

Monty
                                Monty

Comment

Working...
                                X