No announcement yet.

Which ones are real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im curious too Edward, as Joel asked what makes you believe that Dear Boss and From Hell were from Jack the Ripper...but Not the Saucy Jack postcard on the 1st, which is almost assuredly from the person(s) who wrote Dear Boss. And why would you suggest that other letters were written by copycat killer(s), instead of the infintely more pragmatic "by mere hoaxers"?

I believe at least one killing was made to look like a Ripper killing myself, just interested on your take. And as Joel said...Welcome to the Jungle.

Best regards.

Comment

Originally posted by perrymason View Post
      Im curious too Edward, as Joel asked what makes you believe that Dear Boss and From Hell were from Jack the Ripper...but Not the Saucy Jack postcard on the 1st, which is almost assuredly from the person(s) who wrote Dear Boss. And why would you suggest that other letters were written by copycat killer(s), instead of the infintely more pragmatic "by mere hoaxers"?

I believe at least one killing was made to look like a Ripper killing myself, just interested on your take. And as Joel said...Welcome to the Jungle.

Best regards.
      whats most puzzling with the sheer number of letters, if this was a copycat, where are all the dead people?

this sounds like the intro to another theory...
      Last edited by joelhall; 06-29-2008, 04:48 AM. Reason: why do i keep making mistakes?
      if mickey's a mouse, and pluto's a dog, whats goofy?

Comment

Originally posted by denn034 View Post
        Most Ripperologists insist that, at the very least, 3 of them are Ripper writings.
        No, they don't. Most acknowledged Ripper researchers today actually tend to exclude all of them.

All the best
        The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

Unfortunately I can't vote in this poll, since the option "0" isn't available.

Obviously the person who created this poll seems to be of the opinion that the Ripper definitely - without a doubt - wrote at least one, and I can't subscribe to that. I am not saying that he didn't, only that I think the option "0" should have been included.

All the best
          The Swedes are the Men that Will not Be Blamed for Nothing

Comment

Of course I haven't actually seen all the reportedly dozens of letters sent to the police, but interest seems to centre around 2;
            1. a) The Lusk letter and kidney. The medical opinion seemed to be that the kidney was a human, female kidney so this was clearly someone putting thought into a hoax (if hoax it was) not just some nutter sticking any old piece of kidney in for effect. Another interesting point about the letter is that it wasn't signed Jack The Ripper surely a hoaxer intent on fooling everyone would use this distinctive name. Perhaps though more experienced ripperologists tha I would know if the Jack the Ripper name was in common useage by then.
            2. b) The saucy Jack postcard. The question marks about this one are timings. Does anyone know what time of day the postcard was received, because a morning delivery would mean that a hoaxer would have to act very quickly to read newspaper reports of a double killing sit down and write a letter then post it in time for an early delivery.
            Overall I doubt whether the Lusk letter was genuine, perhaps medical students then as now had the same penchant for practical jokes and wanted to give Mr Lusk a bit of a fright his reaction certainly seems to indicate it had this effect. I reserve judgement on the postcard.

Comment

3 different kind of messages...
              "Dear Boss" Letter
              "Saucy Jacky" Postcard
              Goulston Street Graffito

Comment

Working...
              X